Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Warframe Aesthetic Feedback

Xcentric

In all honesty, at least aesthetic-wise, Trinity is the worst. Her design concept isn't even based off of anything and she just looks so bad... i can't even describe. 

Nova is adorable and looks like an experiment (which she was intended to be), and the newer frames just keep looking better and better (Including Oberon and his very odd anatomy [not every frame however has to have perfect proportions]. I just love his nature/druid/knight look)

Silly.

Trinity is based on a crustacean. A crustacean that keeps its friends alive when being pelted with balls of fire.

Actually now that I think about it, she COULD have been based off a lobster. She provides the shell for her team, after all.

Vauban is ugly, both of his stances make him look like he's a hunch back, he just doesn't fit in with the game

Banshee is extremely disproportionate in every part of her body.

Trinity's tail needs to get rid of the rigidness and look more sleek like to compliment her overall look.

Vauban is ugly, both of his stances make him look like he's a hunch back, he just doesn't fit in with the game

Banshee is extremely disproportionate in every part of her body.

Trinity's tail needs to get rid of the rigidness and look more sleek like to compliment her overall look.

Playing some Devil's Advocate here, but.. If the Creative Director and Art Director both approve a design, don't you think that instantly makes it fit in the universe? I kind of get what you mean, and my partner shares your opinion on Vauban, but what if we've just got the wrong idea of exactly what "Fits" in Mynki's universe?

I think Nova looks awesome, especially those 3 Antimatter things on her head and back. Unless of course you use the quantum helm, that degrades her to ugliest frame for sure, looks like a chimney on top of her head. I dont think there is a really ugly frame, but Trinity, Banshee, Mag Prime are kinda sub par like many said already. I agree on Oberon, its like you have to peek over his shoulder to see ahead.

Nova isn't even on the bottom rung. None of the girls are, except maybe Mag Prime.

Vauban is the ugliest. I hate his design so much that I won't even play him. Meanwhile, I've gone back to playing Saryn just because I like looking at her.

Playing some Devil's Advocate here, but.. If the Creative Director and Art Director both approve a design, don't you think that instantly makes it fit in the universe?

....No. >_>

Speaking as an artist, I know how easy it is to make two things that don't work well together, and not notice, and not get called on it by others.

....No. >_>

Speaking as an artist, I know how easy it is to make two things that don't work well together, and not notice, and not get called on it by others.

On the other hand, maybe he consciously says "These two fit in my vision of Warframe". He IS the artist, and is it really our place to say "Hey, those two don't fit!" When where we're seeing a square next to a diamond, he sees two squares, one simply a little different to the other?

Personally, I think all the Warframes look great. There are some that I resonate with more than others, of course, but I appreciate them for the design and the effort that was put into them. Even Vauban is beautiful to me, even though I joke around a bit with the way he looks.

Playing some Devil's Advocate here, but.. If the Creative Director and Art Director both approve a design, don't you think that instantly makes it fit in the universe? I kind of get what you mean, and my partner shares your opinion on Vauban, but what if we've just got the wrong idea of exactly what "Fits" in Mynki's universe?

Like you said, this is Mynki's universe, not our as in the communities universe, which DE would it to be if were supposed to be the ones shaping the games future, Mynki is not part of it, nor will he ever be until he starts taking the criticisms and making adjustments to what works and what doesn't that comes with being an artist.

"Oh how about we do this?" says someone with a suggestion. Mynki: "No". "Oh how about we change this?". Mynki: "No". "Oh what if we did this?". Mynki "No, nope, never gonna happen, everything stays because I say so".

"Hey DE what if we did this?". DE: "Sure, we can do that". "Hey DE, what about changing this?". DE: "Sure no problem, that would help us alot".

Of course DE still has their own problems, but the community is getting through to them. There's nothing but a thick wall between us and Mynki.

Edited by __Kanade__

There's nothing but a thick wall between us and Mynki.

I object to be called a thick wall, maybe a firm, slightly pudgy wall but I'm not thick. Anyway, jokes aside... now that I've managed to free up a bit more time, I'll be perusing this forums for character and weapon-related feedback, taking notes and bringing them back to the artists. I can't make any guarantees that everything will be changed, or when changes will happen, but I can make sure that you are heard! 

I object to be called a thick wall, maybe a firm, slightly pudgy wall but I'm not thick. Anyway, jokes aside... now that I've managed to free up a bit more time, I'll be perusing this forums for character and weapon-related feedback, taking notes and bringing them back to the artists. I can't make any guarantees that everything will be changed, or when changes will happen, but I can make sure that you are heard! 

Yes thanks please at least check out the nyx threads including mine, her skills need some updating :https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/179168-hey-de-nyx-needs-some-move-now-3/

id just like to put in here, that for be when using one of her animation sets. there is a slight thumb issue *for both actually* the thumb where it would usually be placed is bent over atleast 45 degrees in another direction... not physically possible for the typical human hand. but back on the topic of nova, ugliest? i dont think so.

I should say this again. When her concept-art is awesome, her ingame model looks oddly. With default colors and helmet she is better, but if you want to change it... i don't know, maybe that's just me.

Edited by Skynin

Could you make the phage idle have the claws pointing forwards rather than outwards? Nevermind thats a silly idea. Oh! Can you fix nova's immortal skin to have the jets on the back still have animation?

Edited by Skaleek