Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Blocking...

(PSN)naygeen

Nope, not yet. Its supposed to some level of damage reduction on incoming damage, but its virtually non-existent.

Hold onto hope that Melee 2.0 will make it worthwhile... without tones of bandaid Mods.

*edit*

Oh I forgot. You can dance with it or use as a commucnation tool. That's its primary use.

Edited by Brasten

It doesn't block incoming damage, only reduces it. It will presumably be better suited for Melee 2.0 when everything gets buffed, but we'll see what happens when it comes to the level 35+ heavies. Chances are, we'll have more melee relates mods popping up when the time comes, as we've already got a few relating to the 'block' function.

It does in fact block some incoming damage from in front of you.  I rarely use it though cause by the time I knew it existed and moved it to a button that had reasonable placement I was hard set in my ways.

Edit:  Also has the problem of consuming all your stamina in 6 seconds or so...

Edited by Rennagade

Used to be able to block the disruption/knockdown effect of Ancient Disruptors, but that was changed a while back. Now, it's only damage reduction and slightly useful against melee attackers if you have the warframe Parry mod equipped.

I am anxiously awaiting melee 2.0 due to the fact that I prefer melee combat. Unfortunately, for now, I feel like I am forced to use ranged weaponry more often due to the effectiveness they have in comparison.

Anybody who thinks block is pointless should probably check out the Reflection mod.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Reflection

Reflection only ends up sending back a small portion of the damage to the enemy. High armor frames, such as Valkyr, where this would be most ideal ends up being useless. The damage reflected will end up being one or two points of damage when you have higher armor value. Thus, Reflection helps on low armor warframes, but fails hard on high armor warframes.