The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Worst Player I've Met

JerZeyCJ

Rather than a votekick function, what would be much better - and not to your advantage to abuse - is the ignore system. Permanently removes that player from your matchmaking pool, in addition to stopping their chat from ever appearing.

Thus when you're matchmaking for a group on a mission, they/you can't join the same session. Also, when you're advertising that you have 3 spaces available for your T2 MD their "GIEF SPOT PLOX, IYAM AWESUM" does not show up either.

EDIT: As many trolls as there may be, you'll eventually get rid of the active ones. More importantly it highlights the good ones.

Edited by J-Pax

Rather than a votekick function, what would be much better - and not to your advantage to abuse - is the ignore system. Permanently removes that player from your matchmaking pool, in addition to stopping their chat from ever appearing.

Thus when you're matchmaking for a group on a mission, they/you can't join the same session. Also, when you're advertising that you have 3 spaces available for your T2 MD their "GIEF SPOT PLOX, IYAM AWESUM" does not show up either.

EDIT: As many trolls as there may be, you'll eventually get rid of the active ones. More importantly it highlights the good ones.

Agreed. A blacklist system would solve this issue pretty efficiently, and with a minimum of drama.

There's still a problem here. It won't stop people from leeching. They'll just keep doing it to other people. 

Then instead of votekick, use a script that will automatically boot anyone who's AFK for a certain length of time. 

True we could use that, but what if the guy who is sitting at the exit is making his character pace behind the line of extraction? If I get to the point and that is a big if, I don't spam my powers in completion of the mission. I just pace by the pods.

So I started a T2 Survival to try and get some Forma, got some people in and readied up. Not ten minutes in, one of them just up and goes "You guys are terrible"(or something to that effect) "I'm leaving". Apparently, his definition of "leaving" was just sitting at the extraction leaching off of us for the entire game. I then said something along the lines of "Apparently we aren't L33T HAXOR PRO ENOUGH" and his response was "Competent would be good enough". But we weren't so incompetent that he didn't want our loot from the match. Do you know how long we went? 40 minutes, and that's pretty good in my book. And I'm sure if Mr. High-and-mighty weren't sitting with his &#! at extraction, we could have made 50.

Sidenote, I've been playing on and off just a little bit, trying to get a forma but I simply cant, Im always trying t2 survival for 30 mins but its no luck. Is there something to it?

Sidenote, I've been playing on and off just a little bit, trying to get a forma but I simply cant, Im always trying t2 survival for 30 mins but its no luck. Is there something to it?

Yup there is. Apparently the new Void drop Tables(the "finalized" ones) do not include Forma in ANY mission other than T3 Exterminate and it is not guaranteed. All other Void mission can give Forma BPs. It sucks and they need to change it.

Then instead of votekick, use a script that will automatically boot anyone who's AFK for a certain length of time. 

Create a macro to move your player around (way easier than it sounds), or put something heavy on the W key, or simply die because you get the rewards anyway.

Yup there is. Apparently the new Void drop Tables(the "finalized" ones) do not include Forma in ANY mission other than T3 Exterminate and it is not guaranteed. All other Void mission can give Forma BPs. It sucks and they need to change it.

I managed to get forma BPs on T2 survival, T3 def (plenty there), T3 survival and T3 ext

Edited by DMan128

Use combination of all the above...

Vote kick option can only become active if the player being voted on has not been active.

Auto kick an afk player sitting and leech after a certain amount of time has passed (maybe 2 minutes afk initiates autokick).

Any player sitting somewhere not producing results (kills, damage, oxygen pickup, oxygen activation...etc) for a certain period of time get no rewards, no xp, no resources, no affinity, no credits at the end of the match.

Players can add a player to their ignore list and being on that list will not allow the two players to interact in any way for future matches, chat, pvp, trades..etc.

Also repeated kicks (whether voted or auto) gets a player flagged, if DE has the resources and time, that flag alerts a moderator to ghost the player for a while and watch their actions....at any point the moderator/GM feels like the player is being disruptive, then suspension and later ban hammer gets swung.

So yeah, add all of the above options and those who fly right will not be affected (though not everything is perfect, may be some mistakes)...all the bad apples will be weeded out eventually.  

I think votekick would work for this game. It can cause some grief yes but it would do more good then bad.

As others have said, votekicking allows too many opportunities for trolling, without enough positive benefit for it's actual intent.

Personally, I still think a blacklist sort of idea would solve the entire issue much more neatly, and with less possibility of drama.

Thanks for not naming and shaming the actual player. And yeah, every once in a while you can get paired up with a bad apple. In this case it's really just made worse by the fact that (I'm assuming) you invited him along for one of your keys.

But yeah, definitely go ahead and give Support a ring to report the player.

he wanted to leave and went to extraction for a stupid reason but he didnt leech he went to the exit. Yes the end rewards were still received but exp resources and mods were left. You should of left at 10min or disconnected and restarted the match. I disconnect when people don't stay together in survival when i ask. 

I've said it before and I'l say it again. 

WE NEED VOTEKICK!

OOO, CALLOUT.

Seriously, just leave the session.

Also no votekick, 

remember that potato that you were going to get down to the wire on time?

Running to extraction?

Whoops, your "friends" kicked you out of the server!

votekick system would be nice for this, altho it would need some restrictions so it wouldn't get abused, like you cant vote kick after the objective have been completed for example.

I wonder what happend to that  Reputation system aswell

As others have said, votekicking allows too many opportunities for trolling, without enough positive benefit for it's actual intent.

Personally, I still think a blacklist sort of idea would solve the entire issue much more neatly, and with less possibility of drama.

I'd rather be votekicked by a troll once then be in 100 games with leechers each time. Which is harder? Reporting the troll or the leechers? Lets say you play with 4 people. You try to votekick someone, you'll need 3 votes. If the person being votekicked didn't do anything wrong then I doubt the other two would votekick against the person. If its obvious for example that the person is just standing still and leeching that would draw immediate attention and all 3 players would vote against him.

Edited by kubbi

I'd rather be votekicked by a troll once then be in 100 games with leechers each time. Which is harder? Reporting the troll or the leechers? Lets say you play with 4 people. You try to votekick someone, you'll need 3 votes. If the person being votekicked didn't do anything wrong then I doubt the other two would votekick against the person. If its obvious for example that the person is just standing still and leeching that would draw immediate attention and all 3 players would vote against him.

I've seen far too many systems where votekicking is abused to suggest it here. I still suggest the third option, which is a Blacklist. That way, you'd just wait until the game was done (or you quit out), add the player to your Blacklist, and never be matched in a game with them again. Quick, simple, and with a minimum of drama.