Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jat Kittag: Love It And Hate It!

digritz

After using the Jat Kittag I have to say I rather enjoy it. However there are some issues.

First is the problem with the finisher move. After dozens of attemps I have only managed to use it a few times with success. The reason seems to be the delay between the start and finish of the move. The target is always getting up before the move can hit him.

Second is the issue of the target getting up. Why doesn't a second jump attack work on targets getting to their feet? It should be able to knock them back down as they are standing. That would set it apart from other knock down weapons like the Orthos. At the very least it should cause more damage. It does not. Only when the target is fully standing or on the ground does it effect him/her.

Third IT"S JET PROPELLED!. Whay are the attack motions so slow? It seems ridiculous to have to add a fury mod to speed up a JET POWERED STAFF! Regardless of the weight at the end of the staff, the thrust to weight ratio for it should more then compensate. What is wrong with having a melee weapon that doesn't really need the fury mod? If you had to create a melee weapon that would have no need for fury what would it be? I don't know maybe A JET POWERED STAFF!

And finally fourth, why does the Jat Kittag slam the the ground on it's side? I realize this issue is simply aesthetics however it makes far more sense for it to hit the ground face first, (exhaust pointing up). It just doesn't look right. By the way I'm not going to go into detail about the swing motion other then to say half the swing animation are going against the thrust. And please don't say thats why you need the fury mod.

basically, the animaitons it had werent working right, so they gave it the polearm animations.

DE knows the suck, and have said there will be new ones with the melee 2.0 update

edit: post above mine says basically the same thing. oops.

Edited by Tragixx

All of the animations are placeholders at the moment. It'll be receiving its own moveset around when Melee 2.0 is released.

But yeah, as Saravind said, the jets' purpose is to make it hit harder than an ordinary weapon, not move faster. Just by looking at it, you can see that it's an incredibly heavy weapon; the best that the jets should be doing is making it move at a medium-slow speed.

The developers already said that the animations are placeholders until Melee 2.0. It uses Orthos animations as of now, which at least help us make sense why this jet powered weapon is so slow: it must be quite hard to wield it against thrust direction almost half of the time. =)

That said, I agree that as a jet powered weapon it's a "tad" slower than one would expect. Though I don't agree with the fury mod part, with the current mods values and both charged and uncharged attack system, Fury is istill obrigatory for maximum DPS in any melee weapon. Also looks way cooler in the fast ones. I also hope this get solved with the new mechanics in the way.

I realize Melee 2.0 will undoubtedly change a lot of the melee mechanics. That shouldn't stop input. Know one can possible know what effect the new system will have on existing mechanics.

christ im sick of its jet powered why so slow..... its jet powered to hit harder not faster.... jets take time to churn out inertia

Clearly you know know little or nothing with regards to thrust to wieght ratios If the engines on a 707 had a similar thrust to weight ratio the engines would be half the size of the plane. Also a jets thrust will not add inetia without an increase in speed unless you are using the thrust to generate it. This is not the case. They go hand in hand.

I think you should jsut wait for melee 2.0 before complaining about it

Are you serious? Do you underrtsand the difference between a complaint and constructive criticism?

I realize Melee 2.0 will undoubtedly change a lot of the melee mechanics. That shouldn't stop input. Know one can possible know what effect the new system will have on existing mechanics.

Clearly you know know little or nothing with regards to thrust to wieght ratios If the engines on a 707 had a similar thrust to weight ratio the engines would be half the size of the plane. Also a jets thrust will not add inetia without an increase in speed unless you are using the thrust to generate it. This is not the case. They go hand in hand.

Are you serious? Do you underrtsand the difference between a complaint and constructive criticism?

No need to be so serious, man.

Edited by SortaRandom

That makes absolutely zero sense - how do you think it being jet-powered helps it hit harder, but somehow not faster? :-/

The way I see it, the sheer size of the hammer makes it incredibly slow and difficult to swing. The rockets bring it up to the speed that it's currently at.

Well according to the Devs, The Jat Kittag is getting: New animations, a speed buff, and everything Melee 2.0 has to offer. So really the weapon was rushed as it seems and they are planning to fix that in Melee 2.0. Until then make your Jat ask OP as possible! :D

Well according to the Devs, The Jat Kittag is getting: New animations, a speed buff, and everything Melee 2.0 has to offer. So really the weapon was rushed as it seems and they are planning to fix that in Melee 2.0. Until then make your Jat ask OP as possible! :D

Indeed.

Unbunch your panties, people.

It will get fixed in the Near Future.

Ideally it's animations in Melee 2.0 would be that you no longer need the Tenno Infiltration Ship to enter and exit missions, just travel to and from locations by holding onto the Jat Kittag like it's a Mary Poppin's style Umbrella.

I'd rather ride it like a broomstick.