Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

100%+ Crit Chance Do Anything?

Incarmine

Question

17 answers to this question

The mods increase crit chance by a percent. So if your mod is 100% and your weapon is 20% crit chance base your new crit chance is 40%. I don't think its currently possible to have a 100% crit chance with the current weapons.

So no its still useful to max out crit chance mods for certain weapons. For future reference everything in warframe appears to multiplicative rather then additive. Like process chance.

Edited by Zhoyzu

The mods increase crit chance by a percent. So if your mod is 100% and your weapon is 20% crit chance base your new crit chance is 40%. I don't think its currently possible to have a 100% crit chance with the current weapons.

Synapse and bows can go over 100% crit. OP is asking if there's any benefit to being higher than 100%.

Well it still benefits multi shot modding so yea.

Didn't know weapons could go that high. I must be missing some godforsaken mod

The base crit chance on the Synapse and Dread is 50%. That means that 100% bonus crit chance (Point Strike rank 3) gives them 100%. 150% bonus crit chance (Point Strike rank 5) gives 125% crit chance.

To the OP: It used to allow weapons to crit a second time, stacking the crits. As of Damage 2.0, this is no longer true, hence the disagreement.

The base crit chance on the Synapse and Dread is 50%. That means that 100% bonus crit chance (Point Strike rank 3) gives them 100%. 150% bonus crit chance (Point Strike rank 5) gives 125% crit chance.

To the OP: It used to allow weapons to crit a second time, stacking the crits. As of Damage 2.0, this is no longer true, hence the disagreement.

So extra crit will stack with multi shot modding so for rhw synapse its worth while.

So no its still useful to max out crit chance mods for certain weapons. For future reference everything in warframe appears to multiplicative rather then additive. Like process chance.

I believe Power modifiers are additive. That's what the wiki says, though I'd need to test this in game with Efficiency as my variable to know for sure.

So extra crit will stack with multi shot modding so for rhw synapse its worth while.

I love how this guy keeps spreading wrong information, without testing it first at least.

To OP:

Going above 100% weapon crit chance will provide no additional benefit. At 100% crit chance, all your hits will be crits.

So, in the case of Synapse, it is a good idea to have a rank 3 Point Blank, because that is all you need to hit max crit chance.

Edited by Hadronox