The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De , Please "do" Something To Those Afk

iArucard

hey guys

i think we need a kick option in this game, but this would open a new horizon to trolls...so a vote to kick players to their own hosted game!

the team can open the kick vote at anytime and the kicked player would go to a new instance of the game,just like when the host disconnect and you end up with a new host, in this case, the kicked person, alone into his own hosted game. he would retain all the mods and rewards  ( i think u keep everything you got when a host disconnect, right? xD)

also this could work in void missions too, but the kicked player would be given the choice to use 1 of their keys to create their own hosted version of the game he was kicked or go back to main menu...otherwise this would be exploitable (go into a team, get kicked, free void mission) yes would still be bad and "trollable" and void missions are usually much more serious than invasions and alerts, where trolls and afk'ers are everywhere, so i think misisons where you invite players dont need this kick system

or an anti afk system that bring a vote to kick option when a player do nothing for 1 min, but this would be easy countered with macros...

sorry for my bad english xD

I agree there is way more afk'ers lately. the other day I was doing my usual AFK/leech routine doing some infested defense invasions when I got paired in with 3 other lechers, so everyone just stood there, doing nothing... Our sentinels defended the thingy till about level 30, then I just left because I felt hollow on the inside.

I just ignore them after the mission's end. IDK if it helps

No, it doesn't. /ignore only works for the chat at the moment, not for matchmaking.

Our sentinels defended the thingy till about level 30, then I just left because I felt hollow on the inside.

Didn't they change it in one of the last updates that sentinels shut down after a minute of AFK? However, nice try. ;)

Edited by Bibliothekar

No, it doesn't. /ignore only works for the chat at the moment, not for matchmaking.

Didn't they change it in one of the last updates that sentinels shut down after a minute of AFK? However, nice try. ;)

:D dunno, was trying to be funny. But on topic there should be kick button for players that are few minutes inactive.

I thought AFK players in this game were a myth until a few days ago... now I've seen 20+ of them and its kind of sickening when you:

A) Can't complete the mission because of them

or

B) Have to wait for that one guy to finish smashing EVERY container on the map before coming to extraction and starting the timer

but why the hell do you care??

Just go do your damn mission, its better this way, 50% more enemy spawns because you are not solo, you get all the kills and exp to the weapon you want, nobody gets in the way, nobody annoys you with stupid chat. I support AFK people!

i wish people would afk in my survival missions

They should just put a system in where if dont move or use some command in a minute or so it kicks them back to lobby.  given I occasionally have issues where I have short notice have to leave and take care of issues I would not be upset if I came back to find I had been kicked out due to inactivity.

I do wonder how many people are talking about leeching or just AFKing for temporarily when something important comes up. I question this because people just using call leeching what it is and people I don't put it past the ridiculousness I see on the internet.

But yeah, leechers are pretty awful.

Edited by SolidSp33d

Just go do your damn mission, its better this way, 50% more enemy spawns because you are not solo, you get all the kills and exp to the weapon you want, nobody gets in the way, nobody annoys you with stupid chat. I support AFK people!

Player afk detected.

if you host, and the whole team is afk, unplug your internet long enough for them to get kicked, that way even if they make you do all the work, they wont get anything from it unless they want to backtrack and kill stuff for mods/exp

Disconnect my internet connection? will I lose connection to Warframe?

Oh im sorry but i dont like doing other peoples work for them. They have no right to be in the mission if they arent going to contribute anything to it. If they are to lazy to play and just wanna leech off others then they should just uninstall the game. I like DE but its getting ridiculous that this problem has gone on for this long without them doing anything about it.

Edited by Septin

Warframe runs locally on your machine. During missions, you only need the connection to their servers to chat and to transmit your rewards and results when you finish.

So troublesome to disconnect my internet each time I see those AFK and of course unfair to those others who want to play :(

I don't mind it so much since its not a big deal other than wasting a minute of my time at extraction. But it's a major issue on certain missions when it prevents you from completing the mission at all.

Not too long ago we had an assassinate alert for Jackal and I tried it three separate times, each time getting to the boss just to realize we can't fight him because someone is afk back at the entrance.

Eventually just solod it, but it was a seriously annoying waste of time.

I don't mind it so much since its not a big deal other than wasting a minute of my time at extraction. But it's a major issue on certain missions when it prevents you from completing the mission at all.

Not too long ago we had an assassinate alert for Jackal and I tried it three separate times, each time getting to the boss just to realize we can't fight him because someone is afk back at the entrance.

Eventually just solod it, but it was a seriously annoying waste of time.

This and this only why i think those Doors with yellow lights should go away or be able to activate them by your self, and bosses should be triggerd by first person to enter. and if he goes down, Let em die Right?