Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The One Anoyying Nyx Moment Every User Should Know.

izzatuw

Shouldn't upgrading the mod itself come first? That literally doubles the base range that can be increased multiplicatively from Stretch/Overextended.

yes but I keep forgetting to mod it thanks to Vitality... I used all my cores on it trying to max it. Gave up, gonna sell it at Rank9

well I have one spare slot on my Nyx what mod should I add?

Honestly, it's up to you. My own Nyx build has one forma and has....

Energy Siphon

Mind Control

Chaos

Absorb

Stretch

Overextended

Constitution

Streamline

Flow 

Vitality

Continuity

Edit: All mods are maxed. My "extra" mod is Vitality, which I switch out for Redirection if I'm fighting non-infested. I only really use Nyx for soloing ODD, and Vitality isn't really needed til wave 35 or so. 

Edited by Cruispleuro

Honestly, it's up to you. My own Nyx build has one forma and has....

Energy Siphon

Mind Control

Chaos

Absorb

Stretch

Overextended

Constitution

Streamline

Flow 

Vitality

Continuity

Edit: All mods are maxed. My "extra" mod is Vitality, which I switch out for Redirection if I'm fighting non-infested. I only really use Nyx for soloing ODD, and Vitality isn't really needed til wave 35 or so.

your build is very similar to mine except I swapped out Vitality for Vigor and redirection. Now I just need to farm constitution, sigh.

Dont use absorb.

Absorb sucks. Chaos4Life

Chaos is good, but doesn't cover all situations. In ODD, Chaos cannot be recasted until every affected enemy dies, lowering its efficiency in high wave games. Absorb and Chaos can both be used together, and enemies would rather hit the Absorbing Nyx than eachother. Also, it's just more energy-efficient to use Absorb when there's a large amount of high-offense enemies such as Eviscerators and Chargers. 

Edit: Also, Chaos doesn't give exp. So.... if you're going for that, then Absorb is the better choice. 

Edited by Cruispleuro

I just love it when I mind control a heavy grineer unit or an ancient, then all my team decides to gang up on the guy. 

Kinda like casting energy vamp on a heavy unit and it dying the next second.

Enemies under Mind Control should be immune to allied damage.

Nah. That'd cause potential problems if there's a trolling Nyx on defense/interception missions, who could repeatedly just cast it on an enemy in order to make the mission last forever. 

There are plenty of trolling oportunities already in this game, and this one doesn't sound like the most dangerous of them, does it?

Having controlled enemies be immune to friendly would help the team 99% of the time.

And full duration is just one minute, it's not that much.

Edited by Phantasmo

There are plenty of trolling oportunities already in this game, and this one doesn't sound like the most dangerous of them, does it?

Having controlled enemies be immune to friendly would help the team 99% of the time.

And full duration is just one minute, it's not that much.

It'd hurt 99% of the time for me.  When I want an enemy to hurt its buddies, I use Chaos.  After all, why do one when I can do 'em all?

When I MC something, it is typically to stop it from damaging my teammates while they kill it.  That it hurts its former allies is just a bonus.  Plus it would really suck to have to stand around waiting out the duration each time because there's nothing nearby that needs killing, as well as all the wasted bullets teammates would use trying to kill it anyway.

Must confess, that i was THAT player quite a lot of times (but not with Penta, that gun have more Tenno scalps than Stalker). First, because i had no idea what Nyx was doing. Was thinking that i was helping, silly me. Then, because it is really hard to stop firing then you see a bunch of enemies. Remember - then some Nyx was rushing to the spawn and tried to use her Absorb, how often you was able to stop? Animation takes some time and the targets will be dead if you have some player nearby looking in the same direction (even if that player will be like "oops, sorry").

There was a similar problem in ME3 MP, but it was resolved (mostly) by having power combos and having less enemies on the small maps. And playing with friends. Ahhh, biotic death squad or geth consensus... so much fun :)

Edited by rand0mname