Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

They normally put it in some 'general' thread, such as community hot topics, if it's NOT going to be released. It might be a case of it being planned to come today, but yeah, always the chance some major bug comes last moment so they don't want to promise anything.

Possibly.

I already see how this is gonna go. [12:00] DEKickbot: servers are being updated for a big drop tenno's, prepare your cheeto dust and mouth breathing. 5 mins.

[12:01] DEKickbot: we have been wanting to give you new means of cutting people up, so just sit tight. 4 mins.

[12:02] DEKickbot: you remember how your friends were mowing down hallways of grineer, before you could even get to them? Ya, thats a thing of the past. 3 Mins

[12:03] DEKickbot: never bring a gun to a knife fight! 2 mins

[12:04] DEKickbot: patch has been deployed, please stay in your missions till it has finished tenno.

CHECKS PATCH NOTES IN A HURRY

Tenno Reinforcements

Skaana (see what we did there? we added an a, the skin and damage are the same cough up 175 plat tenno)

We have heard your prayers tenno, and scrapped all plans for melee 2.0, all gun damage mods have been nerfed 40% across the board. We felt they were to powerful and wanted to bring them more in line with their melee counterparts.

Enjoy the patch Tenno!

1386970304285.gif

Edited by CrimsonMOON

I think I would cry... to be honest, I would probably jump this sinking ship if they did that. Put too much work and time farming these mods, and putting credits in them. I can actually see DE doing something like this. 

I can see the pain of all the people who expect some kind of miracle from a studio like Digital Extremes.

I've read a lot of good ideas regarding melee 2.0 but I have a feeling the actual system won't be that great.

Here's hoping it is though.

Anyway, Hawken is going live this friday.

Oh god my eyes again.

Pro Tip: If it hurts you to look at something, stop looking at it. For example, staring at the sun is typically considered a bad idea.

The most amusing thing is that he is actually actively participating in an ongoing discussion in a manner that is not particularly difficult to understand: his grievance with melee targeting was not based on an inability to hit enemies, but an inability to deliberately land headshots with melee weapons.

The person you are mocking is making more sense than you are. I'm not above criticizing people for their spelling and grammar usage, but I usually reserve it for when they aren't actually making any sense. The content of the message is much more important than its format. From Wotrus' mostly coherent ideas and tendency towards colloquial English mannerisms, I'm guessing English is not his first language.

Jat Kitag hit harder and only with one polar slot can be used for whole enemies type in game.. hit for 10-15k per hit.

About targeting u miss my point..

with melee weapon u can't aim and hit Vital point of MOBS.. go with friend and try hit Vital Point what discover Banshee or what is a normal Vital point.. or try slash mob in head ;]

Go back and rememeber what you can do with melee before patch 7.

Anyone who needs melee auto-aim to enjoy melee is missing the point.  Don't even bother explaining to him how you can't "aim" with melee...he doesn't get it.

Edited by Thaumatos

I'd rather have a polished turd than a rushed, broken turd. Still a turd.

Today will probably just be Rhino Prime Access. 

You got that kinda backwards.

What you want is for DE to not push out a turd instead of hand-crafting something.  Crappy content, polished, is still crappy content.

You can always polish, squish bugs, and integrate systems...but if you put all that effort into a turd, it's still a turd.  No amount of finagling is going to magically turn the turd into an enjoyable piece of gameplay.

That's why you don't want them to spend time polishing a turd, if it comes down to it, you'd rather have them to give you an unpolished, mud-covered diamond ring and then do the polishing process later.

Pro Tip: If it hurts you to look at something, stop looking at it. For example, staring at the sun is typically considered a bad idea.

The most amusing thing is that he is actually actively participating in an ongoing discussion in a manner that is not particularly difficult to understand: his grievance with melee targeting was not based on an inability to hit enemies, but an inability to deliberately land headshots with melee weapons.

The person you are mocking is making more sense than you are. I'm not above criticizing people for their spelling and grammar usage, but I usually reserve it for when they aren't actually making any sense. The content of the message is much more important than its format. From Wotrus' mostly coherent ideas and tendency towards colloquial English mannerisms, I'm guessing English is not his first language.

You must not have a fun life taking everything seriously like that.

More than likely.

It's a -gigantic- system update spanning not just every single melee weapon we can wield, but every single melee oriented enemy as well. Lots of things need to click in place.

They never promised it this week, but more than likely it will come next.

Look I'm currently expecting Melee 2.0 to come out as part of U13 either at the end of March or beginning of April.  And even then that's wishful thinking on my part.

Not sure where this "Tenno Reinforcements + Melee 2.0" idea comes from.  They've consistently described it as if it were heavily in progress each devstream, after delaying it beyond update 12, that they've talked about it.  They have made no commitment after the first delay.

If they don't say "next week" this Friday, I'm not expecting it next Wednesday.

Edited by Thaumatos

I would like to inquire about few details concernig melee 2.0

We know melee will gain a stance to change to, same form as primary or secondary. With added depth I can't pause to think if enemies will be affected the same way players will? Will they block or parry? Wil they recognize
proximity of players and change their stances as well? More importantly - will block/parry be a viable way to approach bossess/key characters like Stalker o similar? Right now getting close in these kind of situations is a deathwish. Can slash dash be parried for damage? Will knockdown affect key NPCs, will reflect damage?

Is dodge of any use? I stoped using it as it seemed not effective at all. It has no chance of escape AOE attacks and is too short to exit the radius... So, will the mechanic concernig dodge change? It could be ilke a proc chance to minimalize damage when used (% save roll?).

I think this update might change the pace of the game. Right now its quick and often hectic. Will the players use all the 2.0 and adapt it to their gameplay... or will the majority stick to quick attacks only? That's a good question, I am really interested in seeing how will it turn out - I'm aware it will be answered in time but do devs have any predictions?

Thanks for reading.

Another thread merged.

If you are commited to merging threads please remove clutter and spam from this one. I just skimmed through last pages and come to a conclusion this thread should die. No discussion, only people killing time in "anticipation".

I belive its treated as a trash can - might as well delete topics alltogether. Posts worth reading drift into oblivion not gaining any attention. Someone should moderate it more.

''The Melee 2.0 is expected to be launched during the month of February 2014 as announced on the Livestream 22''

WE ARE IN MARCH!

• Melee 2.0 may include a combo system which deviates from the old one-button melee system. These combos may be timed events.
  • Melee 2.0 will feature the ability to wield a melee weapon as one would a primary or secondary weapon. The image of Ash wielding the Glaive gives an idea of this system.
  • A rework of melee damage scaling may be included in melee 2.0.

A new combo system will be good...

I do not want glaive as a primary weapon or secondary weapon , i think is a worst ideea!

GLAIVE IS A MELEE EVER!

Edited by LOKIDENNIS