Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

THanks Tulzcha

Maybe we'll skip the other hotfixes( 12.6 12.7 etc)  and go straight to 13.0?

Hasn't DE done that in the past?

Well, technically they wouldn't be "skipping" anything, since it's possible to go up to (and beyond) patch 12.99 if they felt it necessary.  DE could jump right from 12.0.1 to 13.0 if no other hotfixes were needed and they wanted to squish all potential patches into a new update.

But yes, they've done that in the past.

Imo this is what's gonna happen 

M 2.0 is going to add so much content that it would be a  colossal waste to put it in a non major update. they've been working  on it for a long time.

So U13 may be next week or the one after that , with Melee 2.0  as a bonus.

It  Kinda reminds me of the FF XV situation XD

Imo this is what's gonna happen 

M 2.0 is going to add so much content that it would be a  colossal waste to put it in a non major update. they've been working  on it for a long time.

So U13 may be next week or the one after that , with Melee 2.0  as a bonus.

It  Kinda reminds me of the FF XV situation XD

does all situations, have to be same?

I think there going to be 2 combo chains.1 for each button. Single target and multi.

Copying Vindictus will be a bad idea because these games are already being compared, and making them more alike is going to be the bad move.

Copying Vindictus will be a bad idea because these games are already being compared, and making them more alike is going to be the bad move.

Nothing wrong with talking inspiration from a good system. Vindictus combat is A+ and has taken cues from many other well-designed combat systems.

DMC1~4 uses a timed combo system, unless the "new" DMC did something different, I dunno why people are using it as an example of a Light~Heavy combat system.

It'll be similar enough to Dynasty Warriors I hope, that game handled melee and mobbing excellently.

How about using both using the proposed Stance mod system?

Have one Stance allow for timed combos.. and another stance allows for vindictus style combos.. and pick your Stance based on preferred gameplay and/or weapon..

Now that is ingenious, if only the devs thought of this.

A timing system in a game with that much lag means the melee 2.0 will probably be viable for solo missions only... =.=

Most of the lag is in the doors and such from what I've seen, i mean if i melee a enemy atm... I do kill it without much issue even with the laggiest of hosts.

Oh so you're the other small crowd that never bothered to use two button combos in DMC. In that case, you should play it again and experience the game in a different light.

Not exactly. DMC 1 + 2 had a button for slash shoot and jump, they really do fit more into the timing category. DMC 3 introduced and DMC 4 expanded on the style system which provided for a third attack button which did a number of different things. There too though to a lesser degree it was still more of a timing issue as what proceeded before any attack had zero influence on the following attacks structure. Here is a simple example using Xbox notation.

DMC 3 swordmaster

YY>b resulted in a 2 hit canned animation base combo with a sword twirl

YYY > b resulted in a 3 hit canned animation base combo with a sword twirl

YY pause Y > b results in a 4 hit branch combo with a sword twirl at the end.

See it was timing that changed the combo not the "heavy attack"

Now dynasty warriors changes what the last (heavy) hit does based on where in the combo the last hit is introduced.

XXY will result in the last hot being a forward dash attack

XXXY results in a jumping smash attack

XX pause XY results in the same combo as above with a pause between the second and third hit, providing the pause isn't long enough to break the combo.

Conclusion: you should probably know what you're talking about before acting all condescending to people.

Edit: I know the sword twirl was done with a different button combo and that just pressing b in sword master started a secondary combo. It was simplified for the example.

Edited by NevanChambers