Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Alright DE! I'm not sure how 2.0 will work in alot of ways but I just have a quick and important question to ask.

Currently when Loki goes invis and you melee your little heart out you can't see any of the weapons which is a bit sad.

In melee 2.0 with cool weapons, awesome combos and sweet moves and with channeling for extra flashy melee bits, will all that be invisible to the loki player?

If i'm playing loki and i'm invis I want to see my cool weapons and combos. Just a thought!

would different stances or melee weps in u13 will they have different animations because i spend a lot of time trying to see different animations from ground slams to stealth strikes just curious 

Geoff said, that each melee weapon has it's own new animation set depending on Stance Mod you have equipped, so if you have 3 Stance Mods (Heavy, Fast, Sloppy) you can actually equip 3 new animation sets per specific weapon. 

Alright DE! I'm not sure how 2.0 will work in alot of ways but I just have a quick and important question to ask.

Currently when Loki goes invis and you melee your little heart out you can't see any of the weapons which is a bit sad.

In melee 2.0 with cool weapons, awesome combos and sweet moves and with channeling for extra flashy melee bits, will all that be invisible to the loki player?

If i'm playing loki and i'm invis I want to see my cool weapons and combos. Just a thought!

Use more visible energy color while cloaked, he's still visible ya know? You can see Loki's silhouette during his Invisibility. ^^

Am I wrong or not, but will charge attacks actually be replaced with Channeling system? So we are given Channeling, Combo-meter ala DMC and Stance Mods with animations + overall melee weapons buff, not to mention few melee cosmetics, melee enemies melee reaction animations, mobile parrying with counterattacks, finishers during combat. 

Why do I still want good old charge attacks to remain?

Geoff said, that each melee weapon has it's own new animation set depending on Stance Mod you have equipped, so if you have 3 Stance Mods (Heavy, Fast, Sloppy) you can actually equip 3 new animation sets per specific weapon. 

Actually stances are per specific weapon TYPE. Like Heavy weapon, Dual Sword, Gauntlets and stuff like that

Edited by WhisperByte

MindBlown.gif

Just saying, this gif set off the antivirus on my computer.

Not sure if it's happened to anyone else.

Am I wrong or not, but will charge attacks actually be replaced with Channeling system? So we are given Channeling, Combo-meter ala DMC and Stance Mods with animations + overall melee weapons buff, not to mention few melee cosmetics, melee enemies melee reaction animations, mobile parrying with counterattacks, finishers during combat. 

Why do I still want good old charge attacks to remain?

Except for glaive/kestrel, they're going.

And I dunno.

I dunno what will they do about melee damage types but melee weps now are too much focused on one damage. We need more versatile melees with high base damage for elemental builds and definitely more puncture melees than fang and jaw sword

I dunno what will they do about melee damage types but melee weps now are too much focused on one damage. We need more versatile melees with high base damage for elemental builds and definitely more puncture melees than fang and jaw sword

Heat Dagger's also puncture focused.

I'm really hoping one of you kind PC players will make a video of all the cool new animations and combos within a few days of release. PS4 probably won't get the update for about a month, so we have to stay on the hype train a little longer.

Im planning on doing a no hud montage after I learn the combos.

DMC's and Warframe's Combo meter aren't similar in any way...

Warframe has hitcount and DMC has Style (different combos in sequence, avoiding getting hit, using not repetitive attacks and so on).

I'm sorry if this is the "million" post in the GD forums, but seriously, what will happen to them? Glaive and other throwing melee is going to retain it's charge attack while the other melee are gonna lose it. What will happen to those mods?

Charge attacks are being removed. Charge mods will be probably converted to Channeling mods, or Fusion Cores.

Yeah thought about that too but the DE stated in the livestream, as stated in the summary,  that they will remove charge system (expception of glaive)  and will be replaced by channeling AND that they already have some sort of heavy load stored with channeling mods.

In other words, They only specifically said that there would be no charge system (except glaive etc.) and that they already have a lot of channeling mods (or ideas for these mods). Not specifically wheter it would all be new mods, partly new mods and wheter the chargemods now are gone or will be completely/ plartly converted to channeling mods. I mean not like you can convert 'charge speed' into 'channel speed' looking at the channel gamplay.

But I am sure they will make it as convenient as possible just like the stun chance mods converted to status chance mods.

Edited by AlmightyT0T