Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Melee 2.0 is delayed, and already announced to be discussed during the next Livestream via twitter, which would put it at the earliest on March 12th.

Not that to say you're wrong, but I can't find anything about this on twitter.

I want base damage to scale charge damage.  Honestly, this is what I'm hoping for the most.  Currently we have to choose between charge and normal builds, and it's really annoying.  My Jat Kittag has a wonderful charge attack, but I'll always go for normal attacks as that's where it really excels.

we wont have charge attacks in melee 2.0 it will be light & heavy attacks, if its like vindictus style melee that will be awesome all the advanced melee without the massive P2P :D

So its confirmed we won't need two seperate sets of mods for base damage in melee 2.0? :DDD

While you can get all that info around the forums already these are the major points.

Right now we've got "quick melee", we're keeping that and ADDING equipable melee just like primary and secondary weapons.

When you switch to your melee weapon you'll do extra damage, be able to block and parry and unlock new combos and effects.

Also a lot of new mods which don't just add damage but also new effects to various strike types so they behave differently.

I wouldn't expect it this Wednesday, it's more likely to be the 12th at the earliest.

endless fun

mark of the wolf

art of fighting

smuarai showdown

street of rage

altered beast

Golden axe

Tmnt

Red steal 2

final fight

Fatal Fury

Street fighter

Toshiden

Tekken

Fighter megamix

XXX

Tobal

Vanquish

yu yu hakusho

Smash bros

ready to rumble

Murakumo X

Maken X

God Hand

God Hand

God Hand

God Hand

God Hand

Virtua Fighter

SHEN MUU

otogi

Tenkaishi

ninja master

sengoku

street fighter

DE PLAY "GOd HAND" and think about it >_<

No sould calibur 2 ( the other one were really meh ) ?

guess this is as good a place as any to put this, but I'm hoping some of the new melee mods will not only increase specific attack damage (spin attack, jump attack, wall attack, that kind of stuff), but also change up how the attacks work. a mod that increases our fall speed when we swing with a jump attack would be great, or something that increases the radius of the ground slam or gives it extra damage or a status other than knockdown (I know dual heat swords and amphis have their own effects already, but in general it's just knockdown/stagger). maybe some that increase the spin attack range

I was also thinking about mods that would increase one attack over another, kinda like corrupted mods, but basically they just allow you to tailor your weapon to be very good at one type of attack, and fairly poor at the rest. I'll use the jump attack again (I really want to be able to buff this when melee 2.0 comes out), so maybe this mod is called Aerial Expert, or something better, and it increases your jump attack damage and radius, while decreasing spin attack damage, normal attack damage, and/or something else random. these types of mods could potentially be placed in a melee aura sot, of sorts. so you could only have one of these types of mods per weapon. so unlike corrupted mods, you can't use them to cancel each other out. another one could focus on charge attacks (assuming those work the same as they do now), which would increase charge speed, charge damage, but decrease normal attack speed and movement speed when your weapon is out

this sort of brings me to another thing I hope is implemented, with DE mentioning passive buffs/debuffs when specific weapon types are out, I hope having a heavy weapon out decreases sprint speed, I think that would be fitting. daggers/knives increase your speed, so it's just the other end of the spectrum

and a melee mod that basically gives you a vampiric attack when either you hit with melee, or kill with melee. or maybe one that just replenishes shields. or those could be two new weapons, and only those would have that ability. either way, it would be a fun one to play around with