Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Word from on high is that we will not be seeing Melee 2.0 today, folks.

I know we are all chomping at the bit for it though... I JUST WANT TO MAKE STABBY.

So I will wait until the Melee 2.0 be released to come back and play the game. I'm really bored right now... I need take a break.

:C

I just discovered an odd bug with the Orthos Prime that may turn out to be a feature of melee 2.0. I was and am able to block/parry infested ancient charged attacks that would usually knock me down. There is no new animation, you just get pushed back slightly instead of knocked down. It's pretty hard to pull off as I don't know at which point in the strike animation the block occurs, so I still get knocked down a lot. But if you have basic KD protection mods on, even just Fortitude and attack spamming will save you from being knocked down 4/5 times instead of 1/5.

A slower attack speed may turn out to be beneficial, but I'm trying to figure out what exactly is going on.

Maybe it's just an old bug that I've never noticed. Either way, it got me excited for a short time.

Oh, I tried to get the same result with other weapons, but failed to replicate the behavior, leading me to believe it's specific to the Orthos or maybe polearm weapons.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

I just discovered an odd bug with the Orthos Prime that may turn out to be a feature of melee 2.0. I was and am able to block/parry infested ancient charged attacks that would usually knock me down. There is no new animation, you just get pushed back slightly instead of knocked down. It's pretty hard to pull off as I don't know at which point in the strike animation the block occurs, so I still get knocked down a lot. But if you have basic KD protection mods on, even just Fortitude and attack spamming will save you from being knocked down 4/5 times instead of 1/5.

A slower attack speed may turn out to be beneficial, but I'm trying to figure out what exactly is going on.

Maybe it's just an old bug that I've never noticed. Either way, it got me excited for a short time.

Oh, I tried to get the same result with other weapons, but failed to replicate the behavior, leading me to believe it's specific to the Orthos or maybe polearm weapons.

Blocking ancients slap attacks has always prevented knock down for me for as long as I can remember. Prevents disruption as well.

I usually anticipate updates greatly. This time i just completely forgot about it.

If melee 2.0 doesn't hit soon I feel I might even forget about Warframe itself !  Parkour 2.0 would be neat too ...

The most fun I've had in this game was using mag with pull V2 and meleeing everything. Bring the fun back DE !