The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Melee 2.0 will be legen... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... zzzzz

Guys, melee modification involves awfully lot of time actually make those animations, by animators. It's a time consuming, tedious process and has to be very-very well pulled out. (I'm saying this as an animator myself). We should  respect the effort and work of those guys put into this thing. 

I'm sure Geoff having a pretty hard time.  And then there is the implementation, programming, balancing, testing etc. I don't mind if they don't want to release something ugly and unbalanced, let them work on and be patient.

Also we shouldn'let our expectation too high. I personally think this whole melee 2.0 is really more just about  a visual and gameplay improvement, it won't hit  general balance and damage system that much. 

Hmmmm, I will take your word on that, I will wait. +1

Doesnt make the antecipation go any lower though

Personally, I'm OK with it.

It suggests that it is even bigger then it was going to be originally..

Not really. They are just iterating internally. They had made melee 2.0 but hyped it so much that they had to redesign the system to meet new expectations. Then they showed their stylish new iteration of melee 3.0 in LS#24 (or was it 23?) and got people excited but then realized that it's too DMC~ish so now they are iterating again to have melee 4.0 highly functional but less flashy

Not really. They are just iterating internally. They had made melee 2.0 but hyped it so much that they had to redesign the system to meet new expectations. Then they showed their stylish new iteration of melee 3.0 in LS#24 (or was it 23?) and got people excited but then realized that it's too DMC~ish so now they are iterating again to have melee 4.0 highly functional but less flashy

Better, not bigger. My bad.

And where did it mention that the previous animations were removed? As far as I was aware, they were showing new animations to us.

I hope they also make some new enemies that will force you to use your melee wep or some other incentive to do that , because fancy combos wouldnt be enough to throw your rifle away and go into melee . It should be either ingame mechanics or enough reward for doing it or both.

Edited by Xeiobe

If the update gets released sooner, you're all going to whine, rage and moan about every aspect of it.

I freaking guarantee it at a 100%.

(Also, you can edit your post to change the title. Try the Full Editor.)

Edited by JRMC

This is how I believe U13 will run:

U13 is released, melee 2.0 is delayed

U13.3 is released, melee 2.0 is released

4 seconds later...first of many rage threads shows up about stealth damage being nerfed

8 seconds later...first thread arrives about how DE somehow, somewhere, for some unknown reason, hates Loki

21 seconds later...first thread arrives about how Ash still isn't awesome enough

37 seconds later...first thread arrives about how Valkyr still doesn't Nova the map with Hysteria

48 seconds later...first thread arrives about how Galatine wasn't made completely useless and someone (with no name) said it was getting a nerf

24 days later...first thread arrives claiming 'x' frame cannot melee in high level content

45 days later...DE changes base stats and armor...again

Infinitely later...still have random posts about Excalibur, nothing is changed, and noobs still swear by Super Jump like they're pro.

The hype is WAY too huge now; making us wait so long to iron out the kinks makes most players think that when it IS released it's going to be perfect, polished & bug free, which can't really be true.

If they somehow do manage to amount to the hype, S#&$ will get real and I'll probably just start throwing money at my screen.

I'd prefer something similar to Vindictus over something making use of timing.

I would prefer  something similar to vindictus also thats one thing the devs did right was its playing style a few classes in vindictus also required timing to get a few combos there also i remember sucking hard at playing fiona in that game couldn't get block timing down.

I agree.  The combat system is solid in Vindictus.  While it seems the devs have decided on timing attacks, the regular attack and Smash/Charge attacks seems far more easier to pick up.  Don't forget Dynasty/Samurai Warriors.

Honestly though, I would be in so much glee if I can do Double Crescent or Petal Toss on a Tenno.

I agree.  The combat system is solid in Vindictus.  While it seems the devs have decided on timing attacks, the regular attack and Smash/Charge attacks seems far more easier to pick up.  Don't forget Dynasty/Samurai Warriors.

Honestly though, I would be in so much glee if I can do Double Crescent or Petal Toss on a Tenno.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a more Vindictus/Samurai/Dynasty warriors type thing more so than timing. But alas, Seems they've gone for timing attacks. Then again they did say they've been changing ti /a ton/ so who knows.