Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

How about giving us an ability to switch between two (or more!) stances while on the mission? That would be pretty cool.

Yup, that means giving us 2 or more additional stance slots.

If you think that we'll get far too much mod points from that, then couldn't DE just...cut in half the amount of mod points these stance mods give you in the first place?

Edited by Harbinger777

This is actualy a good idea , becouse who wouldnt want to switch lets say from a more defensive stance to somethink like quick slashing or so on...

This sums up what I tried saying pretty well. If we have two stances, I feel it should be limited to one Offensive Stance and one Defensive Stance.

Honestly I am not a fan of "stances" in general.

It's some contrived video game interpretation of fighting arts that really misses the point of how fighting works so it simpler to comprehend by the untrained and easier to map onto buttons. It's movie stuff where swordsman change stance to counter the others stance as if that what defines the next mili-seconds of combat.

Real fighting is fluid, moving from one position to the next, going from movements of deliberate power to movements of flashing speed from moment to moment as the battle calls for it. One rarely "changes stance" so much as adjusts to the situation at hand. but alas.... I have been teaching various fighting arts for 20 years. So I guess my perspective is different than most.

Anyway-I see why DE implemented here in the way they did because it allowed them to integrate a bunch of new things into the pre-existing Mod driven customization system. To add a "stance switch" capability right now would mean the ability to swap mods in the middle of a map. The game does not currently support that kind of thing. If DE was going to go so far as to alter that kind of thing for the game I would still rather they simply go in a  different way. Add additional moves one can do on the fly without having to "switch stance" first.

Edited by Ronyn

This would be tricky since stances, from what was shown so far, seem to work like Auras in that they provide Mod Capacity for melee weapons; if you were to switch to another stance mid-missions and your new stance didn't have enough MC for your current mod build, it would probably mess things up.

The other option would be to have 2 'stance' slots... but then, you might end up with WAY too much MC.

Last option would be to be able to toggle between your current melee mod loadouts for your equipped weapon mid-mission.

However, that's needlessly complicated and while melee will certainly be more viable, I (personnally) don't see the need for that feature unless you literally decide to use your melee weapon only, no matter what, at the expense of the success of the mission. It's likely to be more about which 'style' you prefer most and fits your playstyle better anyway.

And here I am thinking about how underwhelming Melee 2,0 probably will be and how many game-breaking bugs and broken weapons that will follow Update 13.

Also not looking forward to all the new levels of grind and farm that will be necessary to get all the new stuff.

I am looking forward to all hate threads, though, because they offer good reading.

Your underwhelming isnt everyone's.

I rather like this idea, but my opinion may change once I have had some time to actually play around with U13.

Yo yo! Like in Jedi Knights Academy ho ho!

God I hate it when people call it that! It's Jedi Academy, not Jedi Knights Academy! Same as when people call it JK3... It is not officially numbered, and is more of an expansion to JK2 than a true sequel. [/irrationalrant]

I rather like this idea, but my opinion may change once I have had some time to actually play around with U13.

God I hate it when people call it that! It's Jedi Academy, not Jedi Knights Academy! Same as when people call it JK3... It is not officially numbered, and is more of an expansion to JK2 than a true sequel. [/irrationalrant]

It's Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, lol.

Yeah. I've been worried about that the whole time as well...

Maybe they can make it possible for players to roll away faster, or fix players getting knocked down by the sheer force of the heavy gunner's will(They knock us down even before groundslamming).