Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Share Your Character! [Ooc Discussion]

Arceus255

Only one beef with the story, wasn't the Anku designed after the fall of the orokin, it's researched and built from the clan dojo and it specifically says it's of Tenno design. Other than that great intro, I like the little off the side notes that you made to justify the meanings even though they aren't needed, it gives a good reading into how you went about thinking the character up.

Well, I don't know. It's Tenno-crafted so I assume lore-wise it's been around for a long time as the codex entry only states "Reap havoc with this full sized Tenno-crafted scythe." However, seeing as he's an Excalibur Prime... I might as well go on the safe-side and give him a Skana P or Dakra. Thanks for the advice!

Only one beef with the story, wasn't the Anku designed after the fall of the orokin, it's researched and built from the clan dojo and it specifically says it's of Tenno design. Other than that great intro, I like the little off the side notes that you made to justify the meanings even though they aren't needed, it gives a good reading into how you went about thinking the character up.

Tenno forged and designed weapons did exist before the fall, as mentioned by the Dakra and Boar Prime descriptions. Though I do think the Anku is after the fall, as it matches the more silver look they go with more recently. (That, and a Anku Prime would likely look more like the Paris Prime)

Kamal, if you're looking for a scythe, i'd say the Reaper Prime could fit.

Edited by SuwakoMoriya

Wow, I must be really sleepy if I forgot about the Reaper Prime... lol. Okay, that's definitely what he'll be using. Even if Themis is the name of the Greek God of Justice and Law, I feel that judgement passed by a scythe is fitting, no?

Or just give me a guillotine, lol.

Anyhow, other than my weapon, does anyone have anything to criticize about Themis? Is he too dull? Too cliche? Granted, I do know that not much of his personality other than attempting to distinguish right vs. wrong is given in my post, but it's like I said: I want Themis to develop through his experiences in whatever RP I join.

Ehh... A new character joins the fray (the old ones are old, and almost disused by now)...

Introduction:

--BEGIN TRANSCRIPT--

Attention, all available Tenno!
We have a dangerous threat re-appearing after a long time. It's name is Split/Crack.

Split/Crack was trapped in a force bubble, sealed in a crystalline asteroid, behind an intricate web of automated sentry bots, commissioned by the "Shadow of a Star" clan. After the clan's recent downfall, the last known surviving member, a Vauban that calls himself "Seven", set up a base near Split/Crack's asteroid, but couldn't prevent it from escaping. Sadly we've lost track of "Seven", and it is assumed that he has perished, during Split/Crack's escape.

Your primary goal is to track down and recapture Split/Crack. I cannot stress it enough how important it is to capture it undamaged. Split/Crack possesses abilities that would greatly benefit to the Tenno cause, if we would learn to replicate them.

Be careful Tenno. Split/Crack is EXTREMELY dangerous and highly unpredictable. Being a master of various combat arts, it can, and most likely will, disable and/or kill any would be pursuers. Approach with extreme caution, and it's recommended to have a full cell to take it down. It has bested many powerful Tenno, so be careful out there.

Your secondary goal would be to investigate the remains of "Shadow of a Star" clan's dojo and, if possible, locate the remains of the Vauban "Seven". This is of minor importance, yet you might find valuable information about Split/Crack.

Good luck in your hunt, Tenno.
Lotus
--END TRANSCRIPT--

A pair of glowing white eyes ran over the text from the darkness of the Liset's cockpit. There was a slight grunt and the figure switched to the next message. 

Name: Split/Crack
Gender: Female of unknown origin, considers herself an Orokin, but memories are clouded.
Age: specific age unknown, but attitude matches that of a human late teen/young adult.

General description:

Uses a refitted Banshee warframe, most likely looted from some dead Tenno. The warframe is only slightly functional, so it`s reinforced with parts of Grineer armor, and materials gathered from shipwrecks. The armor uses modified Dendra modules to project a shield around Split/Crack. This shield is considerably weaker than that of fully-functional warframes.
Instead of a helmet, she has 5 masks attached to her belt with wires, that she interchanges as needed. She has two mental states - Split (she`s stable, and coherent, can interchange the masks at will. While stable she also prefers to not wear any of the masks if possible) and Crack (She`s unstable and cant rationalize on her own. becomes catatonic and passive if not wearing masks, but that happens rarely. while unstable, the masks change themselves as they see fit, and Split/Crack is just a vessel to carry out the dominant mask`s will). To switch from Split to Crack she has to receive a traumatic shock from one of the masks (usually that happens when she`s faced with something that the personality of the mask can`t cope with), to switch back from Crack to Split, she has to spend a couple of hours without a mask on, to let her psyche recover.

Personality:

Split is intelligent, and inquisitive. Will participate in various discussions, and other things but won`t let anyone too close to her, out of fear of hurting them, while wearing a mask. She tries to keep up with current events and to be notified of anything that might hint to someone looking for her. She also has fits of severe paranoia. Though the more time she spends without putting on a mask, the less likely these fits are to happen.

While wearing a mask her personality is slightly influenced by the mask (if Split) or she is essentially the personality of the current mask (if Crack).

Skills:

As the warframe is only slightly functional, Split/Crack can use only Silence. Her other skills come from the masks she wears. This makes her both stronger and weaker than regular Tenno. Stronger in  that she has abilities, that the Tenno don`t have, and probably can`t counter, and weaker in that she is fully reliant on her masks. Without them she`s just an average, yet very nimble and agile person with weapons. Her combat abilities without the masks are mediocre, and she mostly relies on a 'run-n-gun' tactic, keeping out of melee range, yet sometimes dashing towards the enemy to deliver a slash or two. This tactic has kept her alive more than it should have, but it makes it hard to predict her combat movements, and paired with her erratic overall movement, makes for a good way to keep enemies guessing her next move.

Weapons:

A heavily modified Prisma Gorgon, Jury-rigged Akmagnus pistols, And an Ether sword pair. The Prisma Gorgon is modified to be able to shoot in single, burst and full auto modes, but Split/Crack uses it rarely, mostly preferring a combination of Magnus and Ether.

Miscellaneous:

The masks are attached to Split/Crack permanently, and can`t be removed by any means. Each of the masks has a different personality, skill set and abilities that they imprint on Split/Crack. The masks are capable of conversation without a direct medium, and thus Split/Crack often has conversations with them.

The masks are:

Canoness Joanne - her energy is white and she usually commands authority and takes no bullS#&$ from anyone. Easy to anger, with a conviction, and insanely zealous. She provides Split/Crack with the ability to call forth various 'Miracles of Faith'

Shadowpriest Crux'hal - his energy is black, and he is violent, malicious and wants to see people suffer, and perish in the most gruesome manner possible. Allows Split/Crack to dabble in the arts of Necromancy and other 'Shadow magics'

Sharpshooter Tag - Tag`s energy is light red, and Tag usually commands respect, with actions meaning more than words. Gives Split/Crack heightened awareness and near-instant reflexes, as well as a good understanding of tactics and strategy.

Felix - his energy is light blue, and he`s almost always cheery and playful, trusting people and playing mostly harmless tricks on them. Will try to steal things. Anything that`s shiny is good for Felix. Felix gives Split/Crack the ability to turn completely invisible, and makes Split/Crack extremely lucky somehow. But due to the fact that he can`t keep his mouth shut, the invisibility is more of a joke, than actually useful skill.

Medic Tom - his energy is green and he usually keeps silent, and talks only if there is nothing more pressing to do. Is a pacifist, yet can use Split/Crack`s Gorgon with precision and ease, if need be. Tom grants Split/Crack superb knowledge of medicine, and this enables her to heal most minor injuries almost instantaneously, and deal with severe and lethal injuries, so that recovery is fast, and with minimal side effects.

Edited by Psychotoxin

Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Dersni, would like feedback.

“Alright, one more try” Dersni said to himself within his warframe, a habit that had become as much a part of him as the top hat-shapped helmet he had been stuck with for the past six months, or was it seven? Who would have though extended exposure to the rift could cause neurological problems? His memories were already fadding and who knows what else his brian could be experiencing. Regardless, he very clearly spoke to himself more often than any sane person should, initially as a way to keep his language faculties from degrading, but now just as a way to pretend he wasn’t alone.

Funny how being stuck in a parallel dimension changes a person, Dersni was snob, petty and incredibly arrogant towards almost everyone. Of course, this arrogance did not come without abilities to back it, he is smart, incredibly smart actually, yet it was his arrogance that led to his current predicament, or rather his lack of foresight led him to it, after all, causing riftwalk to feed of rift energy, thus making the ability permanent without devising an appropriate cancelation technique seldom works as intended.

Either way, it had come to this. Dersni had no other ideas on how to return to the material plane other than brute-forcing his way through. This was not without its risks, however, one misstep and he could very well end up getting interdimensionally crushed, having his parts scattered throughout the system, much like the original Limbo.

“Three... Two… One…”

With a snap of his fingers, rift particles converged upon Dersni’s warframe, it had been a while since he had experienced a proper Riftwalk, the contraction of the muscles, the feeling of ants crawling through his skin, the strangely relaxing smell of cinnamon…

And just like that, there he was. Back on his Liset.

A familiar hum caught his attention, as he turned his head towards his Shade Sentinel, still floating there next to the Armory, and a voice came through the intercom.

“Welcome back, Operator.” Said the ship’s cephalon, Wina

And under his mask, Dersni did something he hadn’t done in months: he smiled.

“You have been away for nine- nine- nine- nine- nine- nine- nine- years.”

Name: Dersni (Read DER-sni)

Height: 1.89m

Warframe: Limbo

Preferred armaments: Normally, a Vasto and an Ether sword, a Latron or Attica for more dangerous missions.

Combat Role: High priority target assassin / Support.

Info:

-          Incredibly intelligent, often devolves into scientific babble others have difficulty following.

-          Talks to himself often.

-          Never actually went into cryosleep. Somewhat amnesiac from extended exposure to rift energy.

-          Ever since he came back, tries his best to help others and generally not mean towards fellow tenno.

·         Smart people

·         Elegant weapons

·         Neptune

·         Clever Tactics

·         Sahasa Kubrows

·         Science

-          Dislikes:

·         Heavy weapons

·         The Grineer

·         Frontal assaults

I enjoy this one!

Ehh... A new character joins the fray (the old ones are old, and almost disused by now)...

Ah, yes.

I'll be perfectly honest: Split/Crack is a silly name. If she were named Split or Crack I'd be okay with it (albeit with an undignified giggle at the thought of this character being a crack addict), but a name with a / symbol isn't easy to take seriously.

Multiple personality characters are tough to use. Ultimately, one personality will become the predominant one, until the "multiple personality" factor is only there to make the character seem edgier. I'd probably like Split or Crack a bit more if she conversed with the personalities of each mask instead of being possessed by them.

The mask personalities are interesting, but right now your character seems a tad bit random and not very easy to understand. I mean, taking Kiesha's weapons is silly. In your thread, Uriel would've sent a few Thumpers into Split or Crack's general area and then would've picked up the remains. However, that would shorten that RP's life quite a bit, so I made Uriel act unlike his character.

Overall, I'd say she's an okay character, but could certainly use some development.

Ah, yes.

I'll be perfectly honest: Split/Crack is a silly name. If she were named Split or Crack I'd be okay with it (albeit with an undignified giggle at the thought of this character being a crack addict), but a name with a / symbol isn't easy to take seriously.

Multiple personality characters are tough to use. Ultimately, one personality will become the predominant one, until the "multiple personality" factor is only there to make the character seem edgier. I'd probably like Split or Crack a bit more if she conversed with the personalities of each mask instead of being possessed by them.

The mask personalities are interesting, but right now your character seems a tad bit random and not very easy to understand. I mean, taking Kiesha's weapons is silly. In your thread, Uriel would've sent a few Thumpers into Split or Crack's general area and then would've picked up the remains. However, that would shorten that RP's life quite a bit, so I made Uriel act unlike his character.

Overall, I'd say she's an okay character, but could certainly use some development.

Thanks for your input. :) I`m still working her out... And i`m actually thinking on ways to make her not so much 'i`m possessed by A;B;C or D' but more like 'i`m influenced by A, but still am myself'

After all - it`s my first multi-personality character ('multi' being more than 2 that were caused by event 'X')

also the RP went in ways that i didn`t think it should, and I lost control a bit... 

the name Split/Crack is actually meant more like a 'Split and Crack' (like 2 separate people) than actually one person`s name - intended for use in texts or stuff (but i could`ve made it a bit more understandable). As i stated it`s either 'Split' - who`s quite manageable, since she`s an active person, or 'Crack' who clearly is just a body that`s controlled by whichever mask she wears...

EDIT: yes the name does sound silly... If it wasn`t my character, and i wouldn`t know jack about it, or have any ideas, i`d laugh at that name too... maybe...

Edited by Psychotoxin

Introduction:

--BEGIN TRANSCRIPT--

Attention, all available Tenno!
We have a dangerous threat re-appearing after a long time. It's name is Split/Crack.

Split/Crack was trapped in a force bubble, sealed in a crystalline asteroid, behind an intricate web of automated sentry bots, commissioned by the "Shadow of a Star" clan. After the clan's recent downfall, the last known surviving member, a Vauban that calls himself "Seven", set up a base near Split/Crack's asteroid, but couldn't prevent it from escaping. Sadly we've lost track of "Seven", and it is assumed that he has perished, during Split/Crack's escape.

Your primary goal is to track down and recapture Split/Crack. I cannot stress it enough how important it is to capture it undamaged. Split/Crack possesses abilities that would greatly benefit to the Tenno cause, if we would learn to replicate them.

Be careful Tenno. Split/Crack is EXTREMELY dangerous and highly unpredictable. Being a master of various combat arts, it can, and most likely will, disable and/or kill any would be pursuers. Approach with extreme caution, and it's recommended to have a full cell to take it down. It has bested many powerful Tenno, so be careful out there.

Your secondary goal would be to investigate the remains of "Shadow of a Star" clan's dojo and, if possible, locate the remains of the Vauban "Seven". This is of minor importance, yet you might find valuable information about Split/Crack.

Good luck in your hunt, Tenno.
Lotus
--END TRANSCRIPT--

A pair of glowing white eyes ran over the text from the darkness of the Liset's cockpit. There was a slight grunt and the figure switched to the next message. 

Name: Split/Crack
Gender: Female of unknown origin, considers herself an Orokin, but memories are clouded.
Age: specific age unknown, but attitude matches that of a human late teen/young adult.

General description:

Uses a refitted Banshee warframe, most likely looted from some dead Tenno. The warframe is only slightly functional, so it`s reinforced with parts of Grineer armor, and materials gathered from shipwrecks. The armor uses modified Dendra modules to project a shield around Split/Crack. This shield is considerably weaker than that of fully-functional warframes.
Instead of a helmet, she has 5 masks attached to her belt with wires, that she interchanges as needed. She has two mental states - Split (she`s stable, and coherent, can interchange the masks at will. While stable she also prefers to not wear any of the masks if possible) and Crack (She`s unstable and cant rationalize on her own. becomes catatonic and passive if not wearing masks, but that happens rarely. while unstable, the masks change themselves as they see fit, and Split/Crack is just a vessel to carry out the dominant mask`s will). To switch from Split to Crack she has to receive a traumatic shock from one of the masks (usually that happens when she`s faced with something that the personality of the mask can`t cope with), to switch back from Crack to Split, she has to spend a couple of hours without a mask on, to let her psyche recover.

Personality:

Split is intelligent, and inquisitive. Will participate in various discussions, and other things but won`t let anyone too close to her, out of fear of hurting them, while wearing a mask. She tries to keep up with current events and to be notified of anything that might hint to someone looking for her. She also has fits of severe paranoia. Though the more time she spends without putting on a mask, the less likely these fits are to happen.

While wearing a mask her personality is slightly influenced by the mask (if Split) or she is essentially the personality of the current mask (if Crack).

Skills:

As the warframe is only slightly functional, Split/Crack can use only Silence. Her other skills come from the masks she wears. This makes her both stronger and weaker than regular Tenno. Stronger in  that she has abilities, that the Tenno don`t have, and probably can`t counter, and weaker in that she is fully reliant on her masks. Without them she`s just an average, yet very nimble and agile person with weapons. Her combat abilities without the masks are mediocre, and she mostly relies on a 'run-n-gun' tactic, keeping out of melee range, yet sometimes dashing towards the enemy to deliver a slash or two. This tactic has kept her alive more than it should have, but it makes it hard to predict her combat movements, and paired with her erratic overall movement, makes for a good way to keep enemies guessing her next move.

Weapons:

A heavily modified Prisma Gorgon, Jury-rigged Akmagnus pistols, And an Ether sword pair. The Prisma Gorgon is modified to be able to shoot in single, burst and full auto modes, but Split/Crack uses it rarely, mostly preferring a combination of Magnus and Ether.

Miscellaneous:

The masks are attached to Split/Crack permanently, and can`t be removed by any means. Each of the masks has a different personality, skill set and abilities that they imprint on Split/Crack. The masks are capable of conversation without a direct medium, and thus Split/Crack often has conversations with them.

The masks are:

Canoness Joanne - her energy is white and she usually commands authority and takes no bullS#&$ from anyone. Easy to anger, with a conviction, and insanely zealous. She provides Split/Crack with the ability to call forth various 'Miracles of Faith'

Shadowpriest Crux'hal - his energy is black, and he is violent, malicious and wants to see people suffer, and perish in the most gruesome manner possible. Allows Split/Crack to dabble in the arts of Necromancy and other 'Shadow magics'

Sharpshooter Tag - Tag`s energy is light red, and Tag usually commands respect, with actions meaning more than words. Gives Split/Crack heightened awareness and near-instant reflexes, as well as a good understanding of tactics and strategy.

Felix - his energy is light blue, and he`s almost always cheery and playful, trusting people and playing mostly harmless tricks on them. Will try to steal things. Anything that`s shiny is good for Felix. Felix gives Split/Crack the ability to turn completely invisible, and makes Split/Crack extremely lucky somehow. But due to the fact that he can`t keep his mouth shut, the invisibility is more of a joke, than actually useful skill.

Medic Tom - his energy is green and he usually keeps silent, and talks only if there is nothing more pressing to do. Is a pacifist, yet can use Split/Crack`s Gorgon with precision and ease, if need be. Tom grants Split/Crack superb knowledge of medicine, and this enables her to heal most minor injuries almost instantaneously, and deal with severe and lethal injuries, so that recovery is fast, and with minimal side effects.

Erm..your character has some issues. Its described by Lotus as a 'Master of combat arts", yet from what you said in the bio, the character itself appears to know very little actual tactics. Also you describe its fighting as erratic, yet your main description of its fighting style is an incredibly simple and predictable form of combat (Shooting with a bit of quick melee dashes?). I agree with Achaix, the name needs work as right now its more giggle inducing than fear inspiring. I also sincerely hope that you aren't planning to say that this character is Orokin (A character type that as of this time given the limited info that we have on them individually; should be flat out avoided due to possible butchering of the character later on by revealed lore.). The weapon selection is kind of strange. Why does she have a prisma gorgon if shes been imprisoned near/in a tenno dojo? Either stay with a prisma theme if you're going to make her a void oriented character, or drop it and stick with purely scavenged tenno weaponry she found after escaping. Also the mask benefits are just blatantly ridiculous and overpowered (Anything that involves abilities with the word "Miracle" set off so many warning signs for abuse of character power, as well as the fact that you do not bother to go into more detail with what that even means.). Necromancy isn't a thing in warframe (Yes we have Nekros; but that is a shamanistic role supplemented by void powers. I would not veer towards it being black magic, even if thematically his powers are kinda portrayed as such.), so that should just be gone. In all honesty I object to parts of pretty much every mask in terms of the powers that they give your character. Its simply too much, and your character (Although allowed to be a threat to Tenno), should not be capable of in any way rivaling/surpassing (Surpass seems to be your original idea) a Tenno. A Tenno is the top of the power food chain in the warframe universe (Unless you count a Balor Formorian's laser, because those just vaporize everything. Also sentients might be higher but that is another speculative thing entirely.), point is your character should not equally capable if it is not actually a Tenno. I'd say stop giving the spontaneous mask bonuses, give your actual character some worth and knowledge, and make the masks change how that knowledge is is applied (Removes "Magic Mask !" aspect and plays on the personalities.). 

I will say that in terms of actually playing the character, although Multiple Personality characters are difficult, I think you've actually done a pretty good job of portraying it in an interesting and authentic way so far in your thread. I do agree with Achaix that there is some randomness that you could adjust. Perhaps make the personalities directly related to the character or people that she has killed? They seem rather haphazard and thrown in from boredom at the moment (At least make them related to warframe's universe). If you make the proper adjustments, I do think that you could end up with a very interesting, balanced, and threatening character. 

Also @ Kamal and Slitherax, both your characters seem good. Although, Slitherax, I would consider maybe not having your character be trapped in the void for 9,999,999 years? I'm pretty sure anything with a human mind would go completely and utterly mad in that time table, regardless of intelligence. Cryo pod is simpler.

Erm..your character has some issues. Its described by Lotus as a 'Master of combat arts", yet from what you said in the bio, the character itself appears to know very little actual tactics. Also you describe its fighting as erratic, yet your main description of its fighting style is an incredibly simple and predictable form of combat (Shooting with a bit of quick melee dashes?). I agree with Achaix, the name needs work as right now its more giggle inducing than fear inspiring. I also sincerely hope that you aren't planning to say that this character is Orokin (A character type that as of this time given the limited info that we have on them individually; should be flat out avoided due to possible butchering of the character later on by revealed lore.). The weapon selection is kind of strange. Why does she have a prisma gorgon if shes been imprisoned near/in a tenno dojo? Either stay with a prisma theme if you're going to make her a void oriented character, or drop it and stick with purely scavenged tenno weaponry she found after escaping. Also the mask benefits are just blatantly ridiculous and overpowered (Anything that involves abilities with the word "Miracle" set off so many warning signs for abuse of character power, as well as the fact that you do not bother to go into more detail with what that even means.). Necromancy isn't a thing in warframe (Yes we have Nekros; but that is a shamanistic role supplemented by void powers. I would not veer towards it being black magic, even if thematically his powers are kinda portrayed as such.), so that should just be gone. In all honesty I object to parts of pretty much every mask in terms of the powers that they give your character. Its simply too much, and your character (Although allowed to be a threat to Tenno), should not be capable of in any way rivaling/surpassing (Surpass seems to be your original idea) a Tenno. A Tenno is the top of the power food chain in the warframe universe (Unless you count a Balor Formorian's laser, because those just vaporize everything. Also sentients might be higher but that is another speculative thing entirely.), point is your character should not equally capable if it is not actually a Tenno. I'd say stop giving the spontaneous mask bonuses, give your actual character some worth and knowledge, and make the masks change how that knowledge is is applied (Removes "Magic Mask !" aspect and plays on the personalities.). 

I will say that in terms of actually playing the character, although Multiple Personality characters are difficult, I think you've actually done a pretty good job of portraying it in an interesting and authentic way so far in your thread. I do agree with Achaix that there is some randomness that you could adjust. Perhaps make the personalities directly related to the character or people that she has killed? They seem rather haphazard and thrown in from boredom at the moment (At least make them related to warframe's universe). If you make the proper adjustments, I do think that you could end up with a very interesting, balanced, and threatening character. 

Also @ Kamal and Slitherax, both your characters seem good. Although, Slitherax, I would consider maybe not having your character be trapped in the void for 9,999,999 years? I'm pretty sure anything with a human mind would go completely and utterly mad in that time table, regardless of intelligence. Cryo pod is simpler.

I think the last part was meant to be a glitch on the Cephalon's part.

So, he's been gone for nine years in real time where it may have felt like a month where he was.

Edited by Drakeardian

I think the last part was meant to be a glitch on the Cephalon's part.

Exactly, it's actually a reference to Portal 2 as well, here: https://youtu.be/pRsnLAwcvh4?t=75

Also

So, he's been gone for nine years in real time where it may have felt like a month where he was.

Actually, I was trying to make it feel like Desnir never actually went into cryosleep along the other Tenno, but instead was stuck in the rift for a comparable amount of "real-time" while for him, it only felt like a few months.

-sniptastic-

There is a past with the masks, that i`m yet to finish making solid, do that`s not here yet.

Her origin is definitely not gonna be Orokin... i`m not touching that with any kind of sticks till i get more info - it`s just a part of the delusions the real Split has, caused by the constant exposure to various other personalities.

The trick with the masks is that they`re quite easy to remove actually, and that instantaneously causes Split to lose all and any powers she might gain. The more difficult one would be Felix, as he can turn her invisible, but Felix is childish, and would consider most of anything a sort of a game. I`m still working on this character anyways - looking for limitations and stuff... While i`m not afraid to touch on Joanne`s 'Miracles' (it`s essentially Void energy, harnessed via a different method than the Tenno do) I`m trying to actively avoid using Crux'hal... The necromancy could stem from a combination of mindcontrolled techocyte, and Nekros` skill... (i`m not done on working through this. this is gonna be the hardest point i have with the character)

The skills are meant to be able to deal with a single Tenno easily, yet not meant to overpower more than 2 Tenno... each of the masks has a critical flaw in their personalities - Felix is playful, and doesn`t take threats seriously, Joanne is zealous and quite short-sighted, etc. these cause them to be a bit less than optimal in a large scale combat situation.

The masks themselves are good fighters - Split herself isn`t. That`s why she has to use the masks to fight. If she clearly can`t afford to risk going in the catatonic Crack state, she`ll do her best with erratic movement, and run-n-gun...

One thing though - I`m not buying the "Tenno are king" thing. They`re clearly better than most, yet there still are things that can take them down quite easily... Of course there are Tenno that vaporize G3/Hunter/Stalker, just by looking in their general direction, but there are countless more that do fall fighting them.

Hek now requires a squad of 8 highly trained, optimally equipped and perfectly synced Tenno to take him down - that alone proves that Tenno are just another group in the Sol system fighting for dominance... With their strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else... The Grineer have numbers, the Corpus have machines, and the Tenno have their training... Each has something superior to the others...

There is a past with the masks, that i`m yet to finish making solid, do that`s not here yet.

Her origin is definitely not gonna be Orokin... i`m not touching that with any kind of sticks till i get more info - it`s just a part of the delusions the real Split has, caused by the constant exposure to various other personalities.

The trick with the masks is that they`re quite easy to remove actually, and that instantaneously causes Split to lose all and any powers she might gain. The more difficult one would be Felix, as he can turn her invisible, but Felix is childish, and would consider most of anything a sort of a game. I`m still working on this character anyways - looking for limitations and stuff... While i`m not afraid to touch on Joanne`s 'Miracles' (it`s essentially Void energy, harnessed via a different method than the Tenno do) I`m trying to actively avoid using Crux'hal... The necromancy could stem from a combination of mindcontrolled techocyte, and Nekros` skill... (i`m not done on working through this. this is gonna be the hardest point i have with the character)

The skills are meant to be able to deal with a single Tenno easily, yet not meant to overpower more than 2 Tenno... each of the masks has a critical flaw in their personalities - Felix is playful, and doesn`t take threats seriously, Joanne is zealous and quite short-sighted, etc. these cause them to be a bit less than optimal in a large scale combat situation.

The masks themselves are good fighters - Split herself isn`t. That`s why she has to use the masks to fight. If she clearly can`t afford to risk going in the catatonic Crack state, she`ll do her best with erratic movement, and run-n-gun...

One thing though - I`m not buying the "Tenno are king" thing. They`re clearly better than most, yet there still are things that can take them down quite easily... Of course there are Tenno that vaporize G3/Hunter/Stalker, just by looking in their general direction, but there are countless more that do fall fighting them.

Hek now requires a squad of 8 highly trained, optimally equipped and perfectly synced Tenno to take him down - that alone proves that Tenno are just another group in the Sol system fighting for dominance... With their strengths and weaknesses just like everyone else... The Grineer have numbers, the Corpus have machines, and the Tenno have their training... Each has something superior to the others...

I understand your interest in keeping the powers associated with the masks, but those powers are also exactly why you're still looking for limitations. The thing is that your character already has strong, valid limitations, but you've kind of invalidated their existence with the shear strength of the mask benefits. Removing them and adding some of the more reasonable things (Invisibility, tactical knowledge, strong healing) to your general character would help to compensate for the strong limitations you've already placed without making her anywhere near as overpowered as she currently comes across. It also allows you to build on the character development for each personality by having them utilize Split/Crack's inherent capabilities in other ways. Frankly though, I would really just drop the Necromancy/Void Miracles, as both infringe very heavily on stuff that would only be reasonable in a Tenno character (Consider the fact that there is not a single normal non-tenno character currently in lore that utilizes the Void. We only have the two characters, the Stalker and possessed Vor, which don't really help to shed any light on the subject).

As for the "Tenno is King" stuff...I agree with you except for the issue of in single combat. Tenno are astoundingly strong in single combat compared to anything else in Warframe that isn't infested. Most bosses are specialized (Stalker/Hunter), highly augmented, have a numerical advantage (G3), or prototypes (also Hunter) designed to counter that fact. In the case of Vay Hek, you can still beat him solo. The only reason that the raid requires eight tenno (aside from being a raid) is the fact that in addition to Hek himself, there is a Balor Fomorian pointing its giant death laser directly at you. Yes, Tenno have their weaknesses as does any faction, but it is pretty safe to say that single combat is most definitely one of their strengths, not a weakness. That is why having Split/Crack be equal to or nearly rivaling a Tenno is an issue. It would be like a platoon of Corpus crewman occur and be close to or nearly as dangerous as a platoon of Grineer soldiers. Even though numbers are supposed to be an specific advantage for Grineer, it would be considered "okay" for Corpus to have the same numerical strength advantage anyways, regardless of the fact that them having it directly conflicts with the design of the Grineer. It simply should not work like that. Do you understand?

-snipity-

Okay, yes, you are right about the Tenno being masters of single combat, and the comparison of Grineer and Corpus also is apt. that still doesn`t make them the best of the best though...  but eh, mostly they`re pretty invincible if 1-v-1 (and it`s not a level 55 bombard/napalm Eximus)

Okay so... let`s say i drop the magicks... that leaves me with - invisibility, tactics and general combat and situational awareness, superior knowledge of various forms of medicine... could replace Joanne`s magicks with hmm... i dunno - what could a zealous member of the clergy provide, besides disregard for own life in name of devotion, and blind zeal...?

replacing Crux'hal`s magicks is easy - knowledge of psychological and neurological workings to instill fear and cause insufferable pain... essentially - torment and interrogate...

-Snip-

The examples that you provided were that most bosses are specialized.. isn't this character pretty specialized except in the fact that she has drawbacks that come with each mask. Sure she can switch the masks, but that also comes with some downsides, losing a set of skills/power in favor of another set. But what makes Tenno strong aside from their training is that they know how and when to capitalize on the mistakes or weaknesses of their foes, meaning that switching masks would be a perfect time for them to capitalize and provide maximum punishment.

Grinner have numbers, even a single Tenno can wipe a platoon out due to their combat prowess, but it's also due to the fact that clones generally in all sci-fi, have relatively little to no training, low mental ability, low mental maturity, and are prone to illness that happens due to quick cloning. The Grinner might have training but it means nothing without combat experience, you can read a book about hand-to-hand combat all you want it won't mean anything against someone who practices and uses it.

The Corpus have fat stacks of cash, brains, and machines, they don't have the numbers of the Grinner but they try to make up for it with tech. Tech has a lot of flaws, it can't compensate for factors that the brain can, it doesn't care about self-preservation, it doesn't take uncalculated risks that might pay off, and it as in-game is prone to destructive backlash due to electrical input. The Tenno can abuse the crap out of this, use electricity, try risky manuvers, change tactics at the last moment, make tactical retreats before striking from the shadows etc.. The corpus units that aren't machines are not trained in combat, they are merchants the most fighting they've done is haphazardly defending their trade ships. They have a little combat experience, a little training, high mental ability and maturity, but they lack muscle, reflexes, and courage.

The Tenno also have their weaknesses, each frame has it's own specific weakness that can't be escaped. Due to their training and natural ability to think on their feet with a cool mind(excluding 90% of rp characters from this category of Tenno), they know their own weaknesses but they also know how to push their strengths to make the fullest out of them. The best offense is a great defense, in the respect to the topic of weaknesses, this means that Tenno give off the aura that they are invincible, flawless, and can't be beaten ever. This plays on the biggest weakness of any army or soldier, fear, if the enemy doesn't give off the impression of weakness then surely they are unbeatable. But in reality a Tenno can be beaten if one simply doesn't place them atop a pillar of godhood, and sees them as a well trained enemy soldier.

TLDR; Grinner are stupid and likely ill, Corpus(tech) is too cold and calculating, Corpus(Fleshy) are spineless and have no formal training, Tenno have plenty of weaknesses they just don't show em.

That all being said I don't see the masks as a bad idea, nor the ability to possibly go toe to toe with a Tenno especially if you are already insane/borderline so.

The examples that you provided were that most bosses are specialized.. isn't this character pretty specialized except in the fact that she has drawbacks that come with each mask. Sure she can switch the masks, but that also comes with some downsides, losing a set of skills/power in favor of another set. But what makes Tenno strong aside from their training is that they know how and when to capitalize on the mistakes or weaknesses of their foes, meaning that switching masks would be a perfect time for them to capitalize and provide maximum punishment.

Grinner have numbers, even a single Tenno can wipe a platoon out due to their combat prowess, but it's also due to the fact that clones generally in all sci-fi, have relatively little to no training, low mental ability, low mental maturity, and are prone to illness that happens due to quick cloning. The Grinner might have training but it means nothing without combat experience, you can read a book about hand-to-hand combat all you want it won't mean anything against someone who practices and uses it.

The Corpus have fat stacks of cash, brains, and machines, they don't have the numbers of the Grinner but they try to make up for it with tech. Tech has a lot of flaws, it can't compensate for factors that the brain can, it doesn't care about self-preservation, it doesn't take uncalculated risks that might pay off, and it as in-game is prone to destructive backlash due to electrical input. The Tenno can abuse the crap out of this, use electricity, try risky manuvers, change tactics at the last moment, make tactical retreats before striking from the shadows etc.. The corpus units that aren't machines are not trained in combat, they are merchants the most fighting they've done is haphazardly defending their trade ships. They have a little combat experience, a little training, high mental ability and maturity, but they lack muscle, reflexes, and courage.

The Tenno also have their weaknesses, each frame has it's own specific weakness that can't be escaped. Due to their training and natural ability to think on their feet with a cool mind(excluding 90% of rp characters from this category of Tenno), they know their own weaknesses but they also know how to push their strengths to make the fullest out of them. The best offense is a great defense, in the respect to the topic of weaknesses, this means that Tenno give off the aura that they are invincible, flawless, and can't be beaten ever. This plays on the biggest weakness of any army or soldier, fear, if the enemy doesn't give off the impression of weakness then surely they are unbeatable. But in reality a Tenno can be beaten if one simply doesn't place them atop a pillar of godhood, and sees them as a well trained enemy soldier.

TLDR; Grinner are stupid and likely ill, Corpus(tech) is too cold and calculating, Corpus(Fleshy) are spineless and have no formal training, Tenno have plenty of weaknesses they just don't show em.

That all being said I don't see the masks as a bad idea, nor the ability to possibly go toe to toe with a Tenno especially if you are already insane/borderline so.

Thanks Astralin... That actually makes me feel like my character wasn`t a complete waste of paper, time and ideas....

Thanks Astralin... That actually makes me feel like my character wasn`t a complete waste of paper, time and ideas....

By no means is your character a waste of (virtual?) paper! Split has some great potential; she only needs some polishing as Arkantos said in order to reach her peak performance!

By no means is your character a waste of (virtual?) paper! Split has some great potential; she only needs some polishing as Arkantos said in order to reach her peak performance!

Rp isn't a game that you can reach peak at.. nor are characters every truly finished in their creation. So I don't agree with the last half of this statement at all..

Rp isn't a game that you can reach peak at.. nor are characters every truly finished in their creation. So I don't agree with the last half of this statement at all..

RP is something you can reach peak at. Just like there's a skill ceiling in video games, there's a limit to how good at roleplaying you can be. Either way, I stated that her character would reach peak performance (I guess I should have said "achieve peak potential"), not the RPer themselves. And there is a limit to how good/"finished" you can make a character yourself without chucking them into interactions with others. There'll be a point when you stop working on your character sheet and say "Yeah, I can't do better than this."

Eh... All is nice and well... And i do admit that my character still needs work...

Though i did base my magicks on Void energy because there already are entities using them, that are not Tenno. And also the fact that Vor`s (J)anus key is the catalyst for his powers and what-not gave my mind a green light to make one or two of the masks in a similar fashion (kinda)...

• 1 month later...

Removed this content, for the Second Dream made the lot of it irrelevant, at least for now.

Therefore, please insert the closest anagram, if not the sound of, glass shattering because of the new Lore & thrown tools.

Dammit, Now I gotta remake that bio again!

Edited by InfiniumV