The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Parts Trading Discussion Megathread

Ground.Zero

I really feel wronged me in my pocket . The fact is that out expensive to maintain a Prime account and now, what investment by good conscience to help develop the game is being sidelined . And people who are not in the mood to play, as most here did to get their rare items , go walk around with these pieces without merit. What is the reason to raise the level of an account to the currently rank 15 with no benefit in return? What is the reason to invest money in a beta game without any benefit in return? If you are one of those who think this unfounded and exaggerated claims , rethink your values ​​and how values ​​the efforts of others . Do not think just to satisfy your desire at the expense of others decently planted . After all , we are talking here of cash investment . As for whether or not the game is easy for beginners , it is a matter of logic player: no game is easy to start . What is easy for beginners is the fact of having a low rank player walking around with Frost Prime , Paris Prime, Prime Orthos for a price lower than its normal equivalent in the market

you can buy frost prime (complete, the four parts) BP's for 60 plat, right now, in the trading channel, go!!!

Lol I have been selling everything for 10p each.  I got enough platinum to buy future primes.  I'll still farm for it cause no one's holding a gun to my head.  People save time and get primes for cheap?  Good for them.  They don't need to suffer the pain I endured. 

If you MUST complain about something it's the platinum trade.  That's the root of your problem and you are a few months late.

The only thing that has annoyed me slightly, is that I was under the impression the parts would not be allowed to be traded, so I have sold off duplicates (in the beginning) to generate credits.

Now I know people are going to pay actual money for braton receivers, etc etc, I shall keep them.

It's defintely a Bandaid solution, but so far, the best one implemented. I'm certain once they fix the terrible RNG for the Void, most people will calm down some about the whole ordeal.

So far, Boon, It's helped myself and many people I know.

Edited by Killerdude8

absolutely not fair! I took out all of the Prime things myself and now any fool can buy what I was given great difficulty, this is nonsense

Listen man I know you're upset like a lot of people who farmed hours to get those primes but it was for a reason. you proved that it was waay to difficult for anyone to get them, especially newcomers who started their first void raids .

Too much RNG was involved , and now it has seriously been reduced, think about it  =

New players usually get tons of duplicates of the same parts , and don't want to spend plat right away so they exchange them  with other  parts they want and 0 plat   spent

Remember this is STILL A BETA, we must always be prepared for great change after every update , that's ours whole purpose here. We're here to test stuff. prime farming was too long and off putting for the new players so DE decided to implement this.

OP: the people who work hard for those prime parts often demand something in return, usually of similar value or plat, which must be earned IRL through blood, sweat, and tears.

Now all the effort I put into getting so many prime parts I didn't need are actually paying off.

Edited by Legion-Shields

Blight.  

I've worked hard for my Mag Prime and most of the parts for Ember and Frost Prime.  I have several Prime weapons that I have spent hrs obtaining, and I'm proud of that.  

Working for your Primes gives you a sense of accomplishment but it also shows to the other players that you know what you're doing.  I see someone Primed out (Prime Warframe, primary, secondary and melee) I know that that is one badass player.  They've worked hard for those parts!  I don't have to worry about them being silly and popping all the life supports or dying all the time.  

Now; it'll be hit or miss.  You wont be able to see a Primed Player and know that they can carry their own. 

Possible fixes;

Prime trading to clan mates only.

Prime trading locked by Mastery Rank. (Incentive to go past 8!) 

Prime Trading uses up two trading rations per single trade?

EDIT: And I said "Blight" because I will be running RNG Roulette for my Prime parts, regardless of trading, and it'll now be harder to find teams to go Prime hunting.  

Edited by Noamuth

You're completely missing the point and are thinking in a selfish way.

No TL:DR ,please read 

Do you even understand what DE did? They kicked RNG in the balls for us 

post-28753-Superman-kicks-guy-in-nuts-gi

that's right. "Seems painful for RNG" Allow me to explain :)

Before this feature was added people had been complaining for months about RNG , the long grind to get primes etc

The excessively grindy aspect of this game has made us lose a lot of players recently which isn't good at all.

Newcomers were disgusted by the amount of void runs required to get a prime weapon and ragequit the game.

Prime weapons aren't exclusives , everyone should have an equal chance to get one. 

So what are the advantages of prime trading? : 

well way less RNG , A lot of players like myself may do a lot of void runs but always get a ton of duplicates of parts we don't want or need. But thanks to this system farming has been reduced considerably for a great majority of the player base . 

These trades don't really require any plat to be spent :  exchange your duplicates for the parts you need , because someone will always have duplicates of that one.

"But I've spent so many hours farming primes how can DE do this."

I've said it once and i'll say it again. Who the hell do you think we are ?

We are BETA TESTERS, don't forget that , a lot could change in the game and you should be prepared for it.

DE actually listened to the feedback about drop tables being ridiculous and so on , and this seems like a good way to fix it.

And you aren't the only one playing , would you want new players to farm as much as you did , several  hours or even days trying to get a single part? No , it's not acceptable .

+ non need to spend ANY PLAT , literally , so people aren't buying themselves , the gear  ,they are actually trading it

DE actually reduced RNG and people are still complaining ferociously ..... realize that this benefits a lot of people.

Edited by Deidaku

Except a lot of people will rather trade / sell with plat than other parts.

Even in trading or gifting within the clan, some are still feel obliged to give plat, even if they had nothing to give.

But I try to keep trading mostly within clan unless they don't have that stuff I am looking for. lol.

Edited by fatpig84

"Newcomers were disgusted by the amount of void runs required to get a prime weapon and ragequit the game."

And now oldcomers are disgusted by the 0 amount of void runs required to get a prime weapon and ragequit the game.

"Prime weapons aren't exclusives , everyone should have an equal chance to get one. "

So your saying prime material never even dropped to begin with? 

"We are BETA TESTERS, don't forget that , a lot could change in the game and you should be prepared for it."

I think this game shouldn't be labeled as "beta" at this stage.

"DE actually reduced RNG and people are still complaining ferociously ..... realize that this benefits a lot of people."

You know who this benefits?

tumblr_mk6s3dzjLf1qbdynmo1_400.gif

+

200px-PlatinumLarge.png

The thing about Prime items is that they were designed as "prestige" items-- items that were a display of dedication that were not purchasable with platinum. Making them tradable completely destroys this purpose.

While I agree that RNG did indeed get kicked hard in the balls, the ball-kicking could have been done without defeating the purpose of having Prime weaponry in the first place. A Token system would have been a much better implementation.

"Newcomers were disgusted by the amount of void runs required to get a prime weapon and ragequit the game."

And now oldcomers are disgusted by the 0 amount of void runs required to get a prime weapon and ragequit the game.

"Prime weapons aren't exclusives , everyone should have an equal chance to get one. "

So your saying prime material never even dropped to begin with? 

"We are BETA TESTERS, don't forget that , a lot could change in the game and you should be prepared for it."

I think this game shouldn't be labeled as "beta" at this stage.

"DE actually reduced RNG and people are still complaining ferociously ..... realize that this benefits a lot of people."

You know who this benefits?

tumblr_mk6s3dzjLf1qbdynmo1_400.gif

+

200px-PlatinumLarge.png

Foolish man

no need to spend plat. YOu haven't read the whole thing ?

THERE IS LITERALLY NO NEED TO SPEND ANY PLAT WHATSOEVER ANYMORE.

THe game is still in beta = no story ,  parkour needs an update , melee 2.0 will need balance. No endgame  . New skill system is coming = STILL IN BETA

Prime weapons dropped , but a lot of people including myself found the drop rate atrociously random.