Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People Ok With Trading Primes?

Zinthir

It was DE's way of giving in to the RNG whiners. I feel completely screwed over from this trading thing. All that wasted time and effort.

No. This is DE failing to listen to the "whiners". We've told them fairly lengthly. Token system or bust.

They have opted for the "bust", with free market chaos.

Take the Plat trade out if and you could have a working system. Items for items.

Edited by Brasten

Because profits.  It's what this game is running on.  I SUFFERED for my ember prime bp and systems in T3 cap and I would never want anyone else to feel that pain.  And profits.  Did I mention profits?

So in you're saying it's ok for every weapon to be given out for free, as it's your choice to accept it?

Sure thing, if someone gets theirs for free, good for them. 

No. This is DE failing to listen to the "whiners". We've told them fairly lengthly. Token system or bust.

They have opted for the "bust", with free market chaos.

That's not entirely true, there is a fairly substantial group that doesn't want a token system. You're presuming to speak for the whole community because you thought an idea was good

to answer the op.

In the simplest terms, that's what people were willing to part with their spare parts for and that's what people would pay. No matter what the cost is it simply does not effect me or diminish the effort I put in to get my primes. 

Edited by NevanChambers

This is such a stupid argument that has no basis and further only serves to make it look like you are more important than anyone else which is simply not true.

Exactly. You are not a special snowflake. You chose to do that work. You cannot $#*(@ and moan because you feel like your accomplishments have become cheapened by someone you don't know or care about's ability to buy what they want. You're overreacting and making it look like you're entitled to S#&$ when you're not. (Edit)I meant to multi quote

Edited by Reokudo

That's not entirely true, there is a fairly substantial group that doesn't want a token system. You're presuming to speak for the whole community because you thought an idea was good

And just trying to adjust the random number system doesn't work, statistically, in this kind of item system.

not good, fair.

you dont do a 180º turnaround and expect people playing by the rules to be happy.

the token was the middle term, not this trading nonsense.

anyway, be happy with your bought primes, i dont give a damn anymore.

see ya.

not good, fair.

you dont do a 180º turnaround and expect people playing by the rules to be happy.

see ya.

Good riddance.

The RNG is frustrating, annoying, a pain to work with, and farming items is boring, monotonous and just tiring.

And you think being able to sell excess prime parts you don't want and buy the parts you need will ruin the game?

Edited by MechNexus

not good, fair.

see ya.

You have a Token. The Token is called plat.

Run many Missions, sell the spare parts you don´t need, buy the part you need.

This IS a Token System, only a player driven Token System... 

not good, fair.

see ya.

Someone like you leaving? You won't be missed. Ta.

Ohh, and good job assuming that they must be plebians who only now got their stuff which is why they're defending the system and not because they can see outside their own bubble of self-importance and think at lengths about the issues at hand.

It was DE's way of giving in to the RNG whiners. I feel completely screwed over from this trading thing. All that wasted time and effort.

I feel that this is a fairly common misconception, that the community feel that DE did this for us and we are over-reacting to what is simply a by pass of RNG.

I am going to don my tin foil hat and tell you what I think.

DE know that due to their pricings in both the market and the general platinum bundle prices that they mainly attract "whales" to spend money on this game.

The increase the grind slowly but surely for new items each update, slowly wittling away the resolve of the impatient.

They introduce trading (which we requested), but with a few key differences to what the community wanted. No BP trading, and platinum trading. A way of testing the waters for how platinum trading would effect their income.

They increase the grind further.

They then test the waters of the community about platinum being used to completely by pass grinding and get content earlier than others with no way for free to play players to access it at the same time. This can be seen in both Valkyr (being available on the market whilst unavailable to farm) and Zephyr (being available on the market or a 12 day wait).

They have seen that platinum trading can be beneficial for their sales as it whittles down the platinum reserves of the "whales" whilst giving the free to play community a way of generating platinum via farming.

They have seen that we are prepared to turn a blind eye and still White Knight DE when it comes to bypassing the grind in an overtly unfair manner with platinum.

They simply add 2 and 2 together whilst pulling the wool over our eyes and persuading us that this is what we wanted.