Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

Do you have any idea how many Steel Charges people are hoarding right now?

If DE is adamant on their decision to allow 2 cores for EACH Steel Charge, then the economy is going to take a nasty hit. New players will have no way to generate any half-decent amount of platinum for months.

though it'll lower the cost of maxed out 10-rank mods, so, at least that'll kinda make up for it

Great , so we can max ODD mods instantly with those cores....sweet,  that's an excellent compensation!

Welp time to max serrations and corrupted  mods to sell them at ridiculous prices :)

do it fast! because I suspect prices will drop soon after the legendary cores are released

So having a rank 6 steel charge gives u 2 legendary cores as does having rank 10? Where's the logic in that.

It's less hassle overall.

If they had it done like others wanted, refunding cores/mods/credits - that's a huge workload.

The only mistake they did - was announcing what kind of reward it was beforehand.

Also it is absolutely fine to give out cores per steel charge - there are several named reasons why someone would have more than one.

I'm sorry. Not to be a bummer, but I think it's unfair to hand out multiple legandary cores to people who are rushing to rank their newly acquired steel charge mods to 6.

I mean, come on. The guy who ranked a single Steel Charge mod to 10 used way more fusion cores than the guy who ranked up 5 pieces of the mods to rank 6.

I agree but it's more work afterall.

NOW it's too late - but the lesson surely is learned for the next time.

Edited by SirSlayer

You are still getting double that back. There are no problems here, unless you greedy?

Greedy? I didn't rank my SCs beyond 5, because I realized it was broken. I only took the one to 5, like all other auras, because I saw this change coming from miles away. In fact, I ranked my two SCs to 6 just for the 4 legendaries, that's greedy, but my arguing for fair compensations is certainly not, because I'd lose a lot if the compensations were actually fair.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not losing anything if the compensations are fair. I'm only missing out on an unbalanced compensation.

Edited by Guest

The steel charge needs to be above rank 5 to get these legendary cores anyways. Most people are gonna use to max heavy caliber, narrow minded, or blind rage since they are the most expensive to upgrade, so worst case scenario the prices of those mods/ hornet strike/ serration will go down. Otherwise mods like natural talent, split chamber, and such will remain the same

- The fusion points required to get Steel Charge to Rank 5 are worth a tiny fraction of a single Legendary core.

- New players have no access to fancy mods like Split Chamber anyways. Their only reliable method of generating platinum was to farm fusion cores in order to rank up Redirection and such... but that will no longer be a viable option for weeks because of deflation. Maybe months.

though it'll lower the cost of maxed out 10-rank mods, so, at least that'll kinda make up for it

See, that's the problem. New/"unfunded" players generate platinum by selling those mods, e.g. Redirection.

EDIT: @below:

There is another option guys, even if prices drop, you can sell cores instead.

What's the difference? A Legendary Core is worth about as much as a Rank 10 Rare, and will remain so after the mass deflation. 

Edited by SortaRandom

Also, just a reminder, the actual +% damage for melee isn't being changed. It's just the amount of bonus aura points you can get (because 28 is completely ridiculous). Just grab some forma BPs and forma your frame(s) a few times to make up for it.

This is why the cores don't help anyone who wasn't planning to forma their weapons enough to ever be able to fit a max Serration or something.

DE cannot compensate us for the time it takes to repolarise the slots we need to forma to be able to fit the builds we're already using.

they should just scale  the @(*()$ thing man. It takes a constant number of cores  to get to X rank.....rank 10 obviously ppl have put more effort into it (

like 20 times more). why you  spitting on hard workers??!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rank 0 to 10 costs 16 times as much as 0 to 6.

It's less hassle overall.

If they had it done like others wanted, refunding cores/mods/credits - that's a huge workload.

They should have done something like, rank 6 = 1 core, rank 7 = 2 cores, 8 = 3 cores etc..

And it would only apply to 1 ranked steel charge aura.

I really don't get it.  Just compensate the rank 9 or 10 players and don't say a word beforehand.  By trying to be "Fair" you tell us a few hours early while a majority of people are at work/school and let some people take last minute advantage of the compensation.  

And of course today is the day the update is reasonably on time...

There has been a lot of discussion about DE communication of late.

In truth, I can see how this is a better option then just destroying a newly made +28 point build using a maxed steel charge, with no warning or talk of compensation. Also, by telling people what the new cores do ahead of time, there should be less chance on people using it to max out a Fast Hands or something by accident and losing it.

These cores are precious folks. Save them for something huge.

There has been a lot of discussion about DE communication of late.

In truth, I can see how this is a better option then just destroying a newly made +28 point build using a maxed steel charge, with no warning or talk of compensation. Also, by telling people what the new cores do ahead of time, there should be less chance on people using it to max out a Fast Hands or something by accident and losing it.

These cores are precious folks. Save them for something huge.

EOnRM55.jpg