Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

Unless you had a Steel Charge at Rank 6 (which has a 10 in the top right) before 12.2.0, then you wouldn't get it. If you did have one, then patience is all you need, they'll be with you shortly.

I have a Max Steel Charge; at Rank 9 (it was 10 before, now it's 9!?!?). I have proof of said Rank 9 Steel Charge, if I don't get the Core. But I'll be patient, I just hope I'll be getting it tonight. Also I don't think I'd be too late (and yes, I know you were talking to DemonNinja about being too late), I was getting ready to press Alt+F4 once U12.2 deployed, in less than 1 min I was already logged in. Thanks for the info though.

I have a Max Steel Charge; at Rank 9 (it was 10 before, now it's 9!?!?). I have proof of said Rank 9 Steel Charge, if I don't get the Core. But I'll be patient, I just hope I'll be getting it tonight. Also I don't think I'd be too late (and yes, I know you were talking to DemonNinja about being too late), I was getting ready to press Alt+F4 once U12.2 deployed, in less than 1 min I was already logged in. Thanks for the info though.

Let me go over the mod card for you:

The number in the blue circle (at the top right of the card) is the cost

abhRAmN.png

The number in the red circle ("Uncommon 5") is the rank of the mod, the rank is also the number of white bars on the left side of the mod.

The mod displayed above is a Rank 5 Steel Charge with a cost of 9

And the following is a Rank 6 Steel Charge (pre 12.2.0) with a cost of 10.

M9s1mjf.png

Notice how it has more than 5 white bars?

Basically if your Steel Charge wasn't rank 6 or above (with 6 or more white bars on the left) before 12.2.0, you won't get the legendary cores. But if your Steel Charge was rank 6 or above (number on the top right had to be 10,11, 12 or 14) before 12.2.0, then you will get the legendary cores.

What the hell is going on?! Just check the math:

• Let's define a basic "fusion unit" as the cost to bring a Rank 0 Common card to Rank 1.
  • Uncommon cards take twice as much to level, and Rare cards take 4x 3x as much
  • Each rank doubles the cost of the rank before it
  • Steel Charge from 5->6 costs 128 units of fusion-ingredients and credits
  • Steel Charge from 5->10 costs 3968 units of fusion-ingredients and credits
  • Using a Legendary Core on a mod like Narrow Minded or Heavy Caliber gives you 6138 units.

In other words, those two "legendary cores" can represent a windfall of up to 9600% compared to what people actually used on Steel Charge, ~300% minimum .

This is a huge kick in the balls to everybody who didn't exploit the weird Steel Charge change and thus didn't get this over-the-top amount of free virtual stuff. Literally last night, I was debating whether to fuse my extra stuff into Steel Charge and I said: "Nah, they'll fix it soon anyway."

Well F*** me, because I apparently didn't consider that DE would give everyone else a golden ticket!

Edit: Revised math to reflect reports that Rare is 3x Common rather than 4x Common.

Edit2:  Here's another way to think about it. Based on this post bringing a rare from 0->9:

• The people who ranked Steel Charge from 5->6 are being given an extra 1567 Rare-5 fusion cores plus 4.9 million credits
  • The people who ranked Steel Charge from 5->10 are being given an extra 280 Rare-5 fusion cores plus 882k credits.

Can anyone really argue that those are excessive levels of free stuff?

Edited by HvcTerr

It's all about gettin' paid! Doesn't matter if it's fair or not! Gotta' get by. You snooze you lose. Gotta' go fast.

I didn't rank up more than one Steel Charge just to abuse this at the last minute but it does kinda' suck that people just did it at the last minute just to squeeze more out of DE it's not morally correct maybe but it was resourceful.

As to what you said OP yeah I think this conpensation could've been thought out a bit more than rather at the last minute to prevent it from being abused but I'm not sure if there would've been a way to set a time period to which the mod was ranked so they wouldn't be abused at the last minute. The numbers don't add up in the end and we're basically getting more than we bargained for.

I didn't rank up more than one Steel Charge just to abuse this at the last minute but it does kinda' suck that people just did it at the last minute just to squeeze more out of DE it's not morally correct maybe but it was resourceful.

... are you suggesting that somehow whether or not you chose to rank up virtual mods by adding virtual fusion cores to them in a video games about space ninjas is a moral dilemma?

What the hell is going on?! Just check the math:

• Let's define a basic "fusion unit" as the cost to bring a Rank 0 Common card to Rank 1.
  • Uncommon cards take twice as much to level, and Rare cards take 4x as much
  • Each rank doubles the cost of the rank before it
  • Steel Charge from 5->6 costs 128 units of fusion-ingredients and credits
  • Steel Charge from 5->10 costs 1,984 units of fusion-ingredients and credits
  • Using a Legendary Core on a mod like Narrow Minded or Heavy Caliber gives you 8148 units.

In other words, those two "legendary cores" can represent a windfall of up to 12,800% compared to what people actually used on Steel Charge, 800% minimum.

This is a huge kick in the balls to everybody who didn't exploit this massive windfall. Literally last night, I was debating whether to fuse my extra stuff into Steel Charge and I said: "Nah, they'll fix it soon anyway."

Well F*** me, because I apparently didn't consider that DE would give everyone else a golden ticket!

Ohh no i wasnt lucky, lets mess everyone else cause i'm jelly about it, growing up helps, go and do something to achieve it

Since they were all apparently sent, anyone didn't get theirs even though you know you should have gotten one?

EDIT:

6:57 EST: Script has been deployed. We're seeing partial success, hang tight as we investigate.

Hang on people, it's coming.

Edited by Tormound