Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

What is bothering me about this is that if I choose to max my Hornet Strike or my Vitality instead of Steel Charge, because I intended to max that next, I lose out. People were basically rewarded for choosing a randomly enchanted mod that would eventually let you skip out on maxing two other pain in the &#! mods. It isn't gamebreaking and it isn't immoral. It's just a $&*^ move. It's giving away a great prize in a "choose your door" competition that nobody knew they were playing. Even the lotto makes you play to win. 

So your saying you want to str8 up get every 10 upgrade capacity mod in the game maxed mastery 0-1 and 20 minutes of gameplay?

Nobody is saying that, and that would be very bad move for DE.

But having Legendary mod here and there as event reward ( even as first 100 reward ) would be good.

I believe that DE should start selling legendary cores as cash shop items. I won't suggest a price, but I feel like ideally around 100 plat is fine. The game has many ways in which you can buy through the grind. You can rush crafted items, you can buy items outright with plat. There are the Prime exclusive packages. Why shouldn't we be able to buy a core to max annoyingly grindy mods like Blind Rage or Serration? There's no reason, as far as I can figure. The precedent is already there. Free to play games almost always trade in cash for convenience items.

Edited by Biscuithammer

What is bothering me about this is that if I choose to max my Hornet Strike or my Vitality instead of Steel Charge, because I intended to max that next, I lose out. People were basically rewarded for choosing a randomly enchanted mod that would eventually let you skip out on maxing two other pain in the &#! mods. It isn't gamebreaking and it isn't immoral. It's just a $&*^ move. It's giving away a great prize in a "choose your door" competition that nobody knew they were playing. Even the lotto makes you play to win. 

Well said.

THIS COMPENSATION HAS CREATED SO MUCH RAGE INSIDE OF ME!!!! I Mean its nice they compensated people for the "risk" they did in the aura. But seriously why post on the forums about this fix that just lets all the lucky people on forum at that time max out a bunch of steel charges to abuse the legendary core compensation. It would be more nice if they just returned the investments people made into the aura.... Not give them hours of grind for free...

100 plat to buy a legendary core that's worth around 1200 cores? how about no.

i suspect legendary core was made for the apologies, and will never actually make it into the game where you can obtain them normally, or even through events.

Edited by leonvision

Once a year, on the launch anniversary, awarded to a handful of players who win some kind of anniversary event.

That's not really "in-game" though.

How about just giving it to people that have played consistently since closed? Happy anniversary! That's for putting up with our nonsense for yet another year!

The answer is simple:

Have a level 10,000 boss rush mission where the objective is to fight each boss in the game, one after the other.  Then all four squadmates must fight each other, with the last one standing being the only one to claim the core.

Then Stalker came and used Slash Dash that does 10 k damage and have 00000.1 % chance to miss.

Or just go through the standard procedure... Farm cores & get credits.. You've been doing it since you've played. Why change it on just one thing?  Do you want everything spoon fed to you?

I'd rather not. Mods like Blind Rage and serration take too long to grind to max. If Legendary Cores are a thing, I'd like to have access to them.

There is a reason, to get you to play the game. The "grind" is the game, but it is a fun grind. You can buy the prime gear, sure, but you still have to level it. You can buy random mods, but you still have to level them. You want your maxed out mod so bad? Go trade for it.

How ever, I can sympathize with the annoyingly grindy mods. I made a thread asking if these high level mods get dropped down a few levels, I feel rank 7 is a decent rank for some of these mods to be at. 7 still takes some work, but isn't as $&*&*#(%& grindy as rank 10...Doesn't rank 10 need like a million cores or some such? It gets $&*&*#(%& difficult.

As stated in the previous thread before you posted this... It'd be an overly stupid move by DE to introduce something like this into the Market for platnium. The market could easily be dominated by the users with enough Rare 10/Serrations/Hornet Strikes & enough platnium for such cores.. These cores are a economy breaker as they are, and should be left for event rewards.

100 plat to buy a legendary core that's worth around 1200 cores? how about no.

i suspect legendary core was made for the apologies, and will never actually make it into the game where you can obtain them normally, or even through events.

Hey, I'm just throwing out plat prices. Just replace the normal cores in the cash shop with legendary cores.

There is a reason, to get you to play the game. The "grind" is the game, but it is a fun grind. You can buy the prime gear, sure, but you still have to level it. You can buy random mods, but you still have to level them. You want your maxed out mod so bad? Go trade for it.

How ever, I can sympathize with the annoyingly grindy mods. I made a thread asking if these high level mods get dropped down a few levels, I feel rank 7 is a decent rank for some of these mods to be at. 7 still takes some work, but isn't as $&*&*#(%& grindy as rank 10...Doesn't rank 10 need like a million cores or some such? It gets $&*&*#(%& difficult.

I don't buy this argument. Like I stated in the main post there are already ways to plat your way through the grind.

If they were sufficiently expensive, yes, that would be fine, otherwise people can simply use them to exploit the trading market to effectively gain an endless supply of free platinum with ease.

Then again I suppose that may already be the case, and that platinum does have to come from somewhere.

Hey, I'm just throwing out plat prices. Just replace the normal cores in the cash shop with legendary cores.

Perhaps introduce a different breed of legendary cores that either require an absurd amount of credits equal to the ranks of a mod, or provides a set amount of ranks to a mod?

Basically but they said 4 hours in advance what people would get. Thats like if the lottery said here is the winning numbers in advance and you get double the prize, plus more if you bought multiple tickets. Is insane what they did and a slap in the face of veterans. They should have just given them their mods/ credits back. Hell it would have been ok if everyone who had a rank Steele charge 6 and above only got 1 legendary core. Honestly who would have more then 1 rank 6 or higher Steele charge ? It would serve no purpose since you can just put the same one on all your frames. This was either a cash grab stunt by DE or they just wanted to show off they made these mods as a tease for the future.