Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Charge/Legendary Cores Discussion Megathread

Ishki88

How is it not fair? They put in the time to rank up those multiple steel charge mods. They were rewarded for that. It's your fault if you didn't.

Again, I'm not complaining, because my rank 6 steel charge that gave me 35% melee damage is now a rank 5 steel charge that gives me 60% melee damage. Don't know how (well, I guess that was the damage at lvl 10), but I'm not complaining. If you have a steel charge, you should probably be happy because it makes it stronger at lower levels. So stop complaining. If you have steel charge, then you should be grateful whether you received the legendary cores or not.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

I heard of the legendary core and sad I missed out as I had a steel charge I could have got to level 6 =(.

I am making a suggestion that next time they decide to give out the legendary cores because of a revision to a mod, they should teir the legendary cores, based on what level your steel charge was in this case. If you had a level 6 steel charge, then you get a "legendary 6" core which can level up any mod to level 6 with no credit charge. If you had a level 10 steel charge, you get a legendary 10 core which can level a mod to level 10 with no credit charge.

I feel it is very doable but what do I know about programming a game! I feel bad for all those who put the time in to level their mods to level 10, as with each level is an exponential more amount of work. It is unfair to those player.

Cheers to all those who were able to get their hands on a legendary core with only a level 6 steel charge! (I hate you!)

I will take a break from war frame ='(

How is it not fair? They put in the time to rank up those multiple steel charge mods. They were rewarded for that. It's your fault if you didn't.

LOL.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

IS THIS GUY SERIOUS?

Please tell me he's just trolling. Honestly. Please just be trolling.

No one could possibly be THAT stupid, right?

I foretold the coming of these threads. OP, the developers announced that they were going to give 2 Legendary Cores for each Steel Charge, even after the community discussed the fairness or lack thereof for a couple of hours.

LOL.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

IS THIS GUY SERIOUS?

Please tell me he's just trolling. Honestly. Please just be trolling.

No one could possibly be THAT stupid, right?

quit crying, what does it matter if they have them mods ? they did the exploit you didn't, you lose end of story.

I think the OP means that because they announced it early many people brought up steel charge and ranked then to 6 for the cores. I myself was at work so I missed out on it entirely. I never ranked a steel charge I just use energy siphon.

I have 8 unranked steel charge so I missed out on it entirely, but you know what? Sucks to be me, life goes on etc. etc.

Now if the trade chat can stop flying 100mph so I can sell my excess prime parts...

hmm so what? some ppl bought 20 steel charge auras and got them to rank 6 and have now million legendary cores, guess the game is ruined, because it really affects me enormously, yea i'm gonna go and kick some puppy

the only thing that was not fair was for those that actually did put the effort to max it and got same LC as those that got it only to 6

All they needed to do was give the cores after the announcement was made to whoever had Steel Charge at rank 6 or higher BEFORE the announcement was made. Simple. They could still have given 2 cores per Steel Charge that way, because it would have been totally fair and void of any exploits. If you ranked a Steel Charge to rank 6 or higher before the announcement, then you would have gotten 2 cores. If you ranked a second one (for whatever reason, as you wouldn't have done it just to exploit for more cores because you wouldn't have known they were going to compensate you before the announcement was made), then you would have gotten 2 more. Again, SIMPLE.

But, alas, they allowed for exploits. At least they let the community know beforehand, but yeah, it was definitely not the smartest idea they've had.

Edited by HUmarMasta

Actually from a coding standpoint it is very doable. From what I can gather the reason why the legendary ones work as they do now, is probably because they were written up since the announcement of the nerf of Steel Charge, something quickly slapped together.

Your idea is fairly interesting, but still exploitable as per this one was. People went out and got like 7 steel charges and leveled them all to rank 6 and got 2 legendary cores per steel charge, so there are people sitting on stacks of like 14 or more legendary fusion cores.