Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

D Polarities On Weapons....

Xylia

Could we please get rid of the D Polarity on weapons, because they make absolutely no farking sense.

There's 1-and-only-1 mod that uses it (Ice Damage), and weapons that have D Polarities (Stug, etc) essentially have a slot that you need to Forma out of to make the weapon fully useful.

The Stug Itself is kinda a weird case; it already has a combined element damage, and the polarity screams "PUT ICE DAMAGE ON ME!" but um.....why? It is already Toxin + Electricity.

So please change Ice Damage to -- and get rid of D polarities on weapons entirely (change all weapons that have Ds to --s instead).

probably DE is afraid of players' rant if they introduce actually useful weapon D mods. u know, like "fxxx DE, i polarized my xxx for x times and now i have to do it again because the stupid D slot ruins everything"

honestly i'd like to see the slot swap function could step forward so that we can change the polarity as we wish, so DE can even change some of the current mods to D polarity and everyone is happy.

IMO, just changing Ice Damage (and all D polarities that already exist on weapons, including players' forma'd weapons) to -- is a far, far, far easier solution than trying to add more D mods, or worse, changing existing mods to D just to fill a niche that doesn't even need to be there in the first place.

Slowing down enemies is easily a "Tactical" move (you can kinda-sorta call it "Defensive" too, but meh), so -- makes sense for Ice Damage. *shrugs*

It'd be far easier than trying to make more mods fit Ds especially after players forma'd their weapons for mostly --s and Vs.