Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Happened To The "new" Xp System?

-Berserk-

A couple of streams ago it was mentioned that with Melee 2.0 update, XP sharing was going to be nerfed, as in no more simply ranking up weapons just by having them equipped?

Was it implemented early and removed or is it still on the horizon?

With Prime access ending the 25th, should we be power leveling our undesirable weapons out the door before this drops?

It was delayed until melee 2.0

The reason being that melee was acknowledge to be trash and until it got it's major buff it would be ridiculous to require people to use melee weapons to get XP on them.  

Once Melee 2.0 comes in we will see that change, which i for one will be happy to see as it will allow me to focus all teammate XP into the one or two weapons I may need to level.  I can't argue with a system that links using a weapon to leveling it.

This change was put in a cryopod for now. 

Having XP go directly to the weapon being used would allow weapons to be leveled more quickly. The problem is that when someone is leveling a weapon for the sole purpose of gaining Mastery, it isn't fun being stuck using a weaker weapon. 

It was delayed until melee 2.0

The reason being that melee was acknowledge to be trash and until it got it's major buff it would be ridiculous to require people to use melee weapons to get XP on them.  

Once Melee 2.0 comes in we will see that change, which i for one will be happy to see as it will allow me to focus all teammate XP into the one or two weapons I may need to level.  I can't argue with a system that links using a weapon to leveling it.

Can I get a link or something like that, I got three undesirables in my inventory that need to be leveled for mastery and that Prime time ending next week has me in a panic to get them out of the way, I want to know if I can chill out or hit the XP farms.

XP leeching right now is the fastest way to level up more then 1 weapon, 2-3x faster really.  Which is why XP for getting kills with a specific weapon shld be buffed, so that leveling 1 weapon at a time is not 2x slower then leeching xp for 2 weapons.

Edited by MindlessWar

Having XP go directly to the weapon being used would allow weapons to be leveled faster. The problem is that when someone is leveling a weapon for the sole purpose of gaining Mastery, it isn't fun being stuck using a weaker weapon. 

Thanks ofr the reply!

Having XP go directly to the weapon being used would allow weapons to be leveled faster. The problem is that when someone is leveling a weapon for the sole purpose of gaining Mastery, it isn't fun being stuck using a weaker weapon. 

oh well that's another waiting again, i guess

Well if XP was directly going to the weapon they would not be stuck with it for that long if they were using it? Vs being stuck with it for much longer without using it.

Having XP go directly to the weapon being used would allow weapons to be leveled more quickly. The problem is that when someone is leveling a weapon for the sole purpose of gaining Mastery, it isn't fun being stuck using a weaker weapon. 

It would be nice if we didn't have to gain mastery by using weak weapons... Although the exact fix is too large for me to even propose at this point.

I'd rather get over with faster if I'm going to have to level a weapon just for mastery.  Couldn't we get a setting or something for it?

Thanks for the reply, but wait....

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of mastery then?  I mean, there are weaker enemies in the solar system to use the same weak weapon on... 

Mastery shouldn't mean simply "having it equipped" to gain mastery...  We should "master" something by using it right?

EDIT: This reply isn't aimed at you [DE]Drew and the questions I've raised are here for the discussion in general.

Edited by sushidubya

you would almost have to play in solo to level something up, people using abilities or fully leveled weapons would make it far to difficult unless the exp needed was cut back drastically. Even then being forced to play lower content is not a good leveling model.

you would almost have to play in solo to level something up, people using abilities or fully leveled weapons would make it far to difficult unless the exp needed was cut back drastically. Even then being forced to play lower content is not a good leveling model.

I can understand that... 

Thanks for sharing that perspective.  (I thought the current system is okay anyways.)

=)

I think some sort of challenge system would make more sense or even a mastery test for each weapon like we have for our own mastery rank. Could be as simple as kill 20 enemies with only head shots. or snipe enemies before they clear the defense line etc etc.

DE drew please read this.

Edited by zerogear5