Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De A Suggestion For Your Merch ? What Does The Community Think ?

DiBBz

so a couple of dev studios have done this most notiable Blacklight retribution but it took them a while to get the point to understand merch was a really demanded thing that and they were a bit late :D

so what if DE created a exclusive cosmetic item or something like that (Warframe skin / camo etc etc) and bundled it with limited edition clothes (T-shirts / hoodies etc)

would this be a good thing ? i personally would <3 to see it as im a sucker for cosmetic items

however if they included a new weapon then i think thats a no no for me.. so long as they stuck to cosmetic items then i dont see the harm IMHO

all the cosmetic items are plat anways!

soo what would yous think , i hope DE sees the potential in this and hopefully trys it out with either a limited Edition T-shirt etc

"Buy a shirt, get Phased Gorgon Skin for free"? I can't see why not.

NO we need something better than a phased skin 2058-thinking.jpg

something wow , something..... spidazasaling..... ah forget it sure lets go with more phased crap :P

Edited by DiBBz

seems kinda like prime access stuff, except you also get a real-life item. I've seen this kind of stuff done in other games as well, and it certainly incentivizes you to buy things, but I agree that it would be fine as long as it's not an exclusive weapon. skins would be fine. the more skins the better!

seems kinda like prime access stuff, except you also get a real-life item. I've seen this kind of stuff done in other games as well, and it certainly incentivizes you to buy things, but I agree that it would be fine as long as it's not an exclusive weapon. skins would be fine. the more skins the better!

honestly weapon skins are usless i dont find them to be the least appealing thing to catch your eye at first glance , i would still think a warframe skin or maybe scarf or hell even if its a different armor style / more armor plating to a warframe ? but thats me just suggestion and thinking :P

I would love this, as I actually wanna buy a warframe hoodie either way, and if my frames could wear it ingame it would be hilarious.

if only :D but first they must perfect the cloth physics xD otherwise its going to look like a pile of doo doo clipping threw the warframes etc

I'm only cool with this as long as there's a way to get it without the purchase as well. The idea that we'll find the fashion they choose something we'd want to wear/be-able-to-wear/find-comfortable IRL isn't so good.

Also, limited-time cosmetics suck for those of us who don't/can't access them in time.

The base idea (buy RL cosmetics, get in-game cosmetics) is good. The nuances? Not so hot.

I'm only cool with this as long as there's a way to get it without the purchase as well. The idea that we'll find the fashion they choose something we'd want to wear/be-able-to-wear/find-comfortable IRL isn't so good.

Also, limited-time cosmetics suck for those of us who don't/can't access them in time.

The base idea (buy RL cosmetics, get in-game cosmetics) is good. The nuances? Not so hot.

I think that that shouldn't happen, the skins are there as an incentive and making them available for non-purchasers would defeat the purpose. On the other hand , rather than limited-time cosmetics, why not limited-time offers? For example: Buy a Potato Hoodie and choose 2 exclusive merch skins! Deal expires in 37:42;17.

Something along those lines would prevent the problem of 'exclusiveness' while also making sure that not everyone can get it from a market purchase. Alternatively, each merch item has an exclusive skin that goes with it and you can get it whenever it goes on sale, kinda like the alert cycle but longer. 

This would be akin to Aura alerts, rather than Event-exclusive mods. In other words, the skins can only be grabbed in a certain window but it IS possible to obtain them all.

hence why its limited , and its not supposed to be accessed by everyone , that defeats the purpose of it being bundled with a limited edition shirt , there is personally nothing wrong with it i feel as they are doing it anyway with events

and the steam phased market stuff etc etc...