The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friendly Fire On Afkers

Ribboz

Imagine if afk players could take friendly fire after a certain period of inactivity.

How satisfying it would be to physically shoot them in the rear. They either get busy fighting or get busy dyin.

Think about this, you're playing Frost protecting the pod and this guy just sits there under your protection. You can't let him die since you have to protect the pod. Now hes open to friendly fire! Shoot him!

I feel like this would be much more satisfying than a vote kick and It would be harder to abuse than vote kick. 

(please don't tell me to play solo, private or in my clan. I already do. This is in no way a rage thread.)

(Just a "fun" suggestion to an issue plenty of people have.)

My only issue with this is there will always be times you need to just stop moving for one reason or another.

I'm not sure how long a period of time someone would have to be afk for this to be useful and not broken.

that would be enjoyable, but there will always be exceptions where someone just has to step away from the computer for a bit, but they intend on coming back. however, in that case, they should inform their team, as that's not your typical AFKer, who just never moves and doesn't care about the squad

Does this even matter?

If he/she doesn't use a revive won't they just enter the next game?

If all the exp stopped/was removed or if there was something like the mission not being completed (people who joins to finnish a node/finnish invasions).

Lost life, no exp, no completing the mission. And a hat of shame for a week.

doesn't sound hurtfull, but i do prefer to have the kick option as well

Too many snobs, also I can imagine the last person to reach extraction ALWAYS being kicked.  Only 3 Tenno will ever complete a level leading to more rushers and more pain.  The game will become truly pay to win and the world will end.

Please do! And make him die instantly instead of bleeding out, lie Stalker does.

I still want some choice for the player. Let them die normally. They can waste a life coming back or just leave. It gives them the option for a second chance.

I still want some choice for the player. Let them die normally. They can waste a life coming back or just leave. It gives them the option for a second chance.

No second chances. He's acting like an &#! and he deserves to be punished. To be honest, I support ideas like putting [AFK] tag before their nick for like a month, or backing them 1-2 Mastery ranks, resetting the gear they were using to Unranked, zeroing their resources and credits, or even resetting their accounts. No punishment will be too much. They need to know their place.

All this would lead to is afkers making scripts to run them into the wall or something equally sad.

That said, afks are annoying as hell. Got queued up with one today during an infestation mission. Nobody else joined, so I just led the infested to him, let them kill him, and aborted afterwards. Not going to give some random guy who doesn't even have the courtesy to say hi or actually manually ask for help a free ride.

All this would lead to is afkers making scripts to run them into the wall or something equally sad.

That said, afks are annoying as hell. Got queued up with one today during an infestation mission. Nobody else joined, so I just led the infested to him, let them kill him, and aborted afterwards. Not going to give some random guy who doesn't even have the courtesy to say hi or actually manually ask for help a free ride.

Same. Was doing Apollodurus the other day on Birdie and hit 27mins and the two noobs and 1 other player in my team was wondering if we should leave at 30. I told them just stay alive I could solo till 40.

My big mouth was my mistake. One noob dies and goes, another dies and just spectates the next 5-6mins, even going as far to tell me that he was going to go drop off the kids at the pool.... TMI I know.

I said eff it and left asap, eff the 40mins. If you die because you cant handle it, okay. But they seemed to had just became lax all of a sudden.

Lazy world we live now-a-days, even when it comes to simple gaming...

When are the damn aliens coming to invade and enslave us!  >_<