The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Abilities Need A Desperate Damage Buff.

nitroz76

With my abilities maxed out and using a reach mod which is also maxed, I was appalled that it took the "crush" ability 3 or more times to kill level 20-25 enemies.  

And yet the ULTs on other frames can kill them all in 1 go..... F*** that.

1) Crush is magnetic. This makes it great for Corpus (+75% to both shield types), neutral for Infested, and terrible for Grineer (-50% to Alloy, which includes Elite Lancers that replace Lancers at level 15, Napalms, Bombards, and Eviscerators).

2) Mag's real damage lies in Shield Polarize. It scales with enemy shields, and with enough Power Strength, you can complete strip shields in a single cast and kill nearly everything ever in a crowd of Corpus. Of course, this is only for Corpus (and occasionally the Void around Corrupted Crewmen and Orokin Drones). You could argue that no other damage ability is capable of scaling as well with the enemy.

3) Pull is amazing for CC. Sure the damage isn't fantastic, but the damage isn't the point.

If you are using mag against grineer then that is what you get. Mag uses magnetic damage which does 50% less damage to alloy armor which is used by elite lancers,bombards, and napalms (ect). Against Infested mag does pretty well since she has no bonuses or negatives against them and can CC infested decently.

Now onto corpus........ If you are just trying to use crush that's fine, you'll do massive damage with your 75% damage boost against shields and proto shields. But her real damage comes when you use shield polarize on enemies that have shields. It is one of the few skills that scale into the game and you can hit massive amounts of damage with shield polarize. I've gone 1 hour into a corpus survival missions and my shield polarize was hitting for 20k damage (10k by itself there was a nova giving the damage boost from mprime). Mag does extremely well against corpus which is what the damage type is meant for. Any buff to her will make her outclass every other frame against corpus.

If you are using mag against grineer then that is what you get. Mag uses magnetic damage which does 50% less damage to alloy armor which is used by elite lancers,bombards, and napalms (ect). Against Infested mag does pretty well since she has no bonuses or negatives against them and can CC infested decently.

No. This was in T2MD.

Mostly corpus/Infested. The only green beans were the ones with the fake SOMA. 

No. This was in T2MD.

Mostly corpus/Infested. The only green beans were the ones with the fake SOMA. 

Shield polarize should have been your skill to use instead of crush. Use shield polarize then crush. Shield polarize would decimate any of the corrupted with shields leaving only the ones without shields left, then you should use crush to finish off the enemies or use pull to CC and then shoot the enemies. Mag is more of an offensive support frame rather then pure damage, being able to restore shields and rip it off enemies and making single enemies into giant bombs with he 3rd I think (I never use it). Crush and pull are great for CC rather then just damage.

despite the topic author, there is still a problem with Mag being too focussed on corpus murder and coming up lacking against grineer. i'm sure they could modify one or more abilities to inflict grineer damage as well. by extension infested are bound to take more damage as a result.

Shield Polarize is really good at the moment but Crush is underpowered.

Crush damage is really low, not even enough to kill mid level corpus let alone grineer. The best solution for this I think is what everyone has been suggesting to DE since forever- make crush scale with enemy armor. It makes complete sense and makes her viable against Grineer as well. Right now the CC on Crush is terrible as well. You lift them up, throw pebbles at them and let them back down gently so they don't fall or anything and they'll immediately resume firing at you. Let enemies ragdoll after crush. That'll give it more cc at least.

Pull is good but let it work on downed teammates as well or let it ragdoll longer. I can't revive allies fast enough if they can get back on their feet in no time at all.

I will say that there is a bit of a point in saying that Crush could use a buff of sorts.

Since Crush does Magnetic damage, that makes it great against Corpus- but then it's fighting on Shield Polarize's battlefield. If Crush is truly meant to be a CC (which I doubt, since they removed the ragdoll), perhaps it could cripple the targets temporarily after the damage is dealt?

Maybe even convert the damage type, to reflect the "turning you inside out" nature of the animation?

Edited by Archwizard

With my abilities maxed out and using a reach mod which is also maxed, I was appalled that it took the "crush" ability 3 or more times to kill level 20-25 enemies.  

And yet the ULTs on other frames can kill them all in 1 go..... F*** that.

Her best ability by far is shield polarize. With a damage build, mag drains 100% of shields and weaponizes them. This is a PERCENT so it is still useful in endgame. Pull and crush do not need a buff because they wouldn't be useful in high levels anyways. Magnetic damage remember? All you will do is strip their shields off and then you have wasted energy. Bullet attactor is a utility, and shouldnt be used for its AOE.

Do not say that her abilities desperately need a damage buff. Pull is an excellent CC, Shield polarize shreds the flesh off of corrupted and corpus, bullet attractor increases damage on one enemy, and crush is a good panic button.

giphy1_by_natedagreat420-d77tr7g.gifgiphy2_by_natedagreat420-d77tr7l.gif

giphy3_by_natedagreat420-d77tr7p.gifgiphy4_by_natedagreat420-d77tr7x.gif