Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Increase Mod?

LordLokai

I got a redirection within my first six hours of play through mercury's missions.

yea grineer have a very small chance to drop it

I lucked out when the update hit and got about 3 from farming Tolstoj pretty quickly, but haven't seen much from there since.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

The few things that really help are that when you successfually complete a raid mission, you get a reward on top of anything you found during the mission.

Other then that, almost everything is just luck. A lot of people are liking mercury, but even if you stick it there or anywhere else, you might be looking at a very long dry spell.

The few things that really help are that when you successfually complete a raid mission, you get a reward on top of anything you found during the mission.

Yea the reward is from a loot table though, people were compiling a list of rewards from Raid/Spy/Capture missions in another thread. Don't think Redirection was confirmed to be on that list, but vitality is a common mod from it.

Speed run M-prime for those rewards as it's been confirmed doing higher level Raid/Spy/Capture doesn't offer different rewards.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

I don't know how many hours and kils I've put into the game snice the realease of U7, it's been quite a few since this game is fun, yet I still havn't found one. Getting furstrating really.

Yea the reward is from a loot table though, people were compiling a list of rewards from Raid/Spy/Capture missions in another thread. Don't think Redirection was confirmed to be on that list, but vitality is a common mod from it.

Speed run M-prime for those rewards as it's been confirmed doing higher level Raid/Spy/Capture doesn't offer different rewards.

---

Not that I have been trying, but it still seems random. I have seen people say they get deflection from the m-prime reward as well as several other things. People will grasp at anything and whie the system might be weighted in favor of some mods, it doesn't seem like it to anyone that has played with any large producer's concept of random.

I don't know how many hours and kils I've put into the game snice the realease of U7, it's been quite a few since this game is fun, yet I still havn't found one. Getting furstrating really.

It has been listed by some people as one of the big problems with the new system. Progression for everyone, new players and experienced players is now purely luck. If you don't get certain mods there are some places that you just really shouldn't go. You can make it, but you know that you will be using some trick instead of actually playing to make it through.

Not that I have been trying, but it still seems random. I have seen people say they get deflection from the m-prime reward as well as several other things. People will grasp at anything and whie the system might be weighted in favor of some mods, it doesn't seem like it to anyone that has played with any large producer's concept of random.

Well I can only account for myself and what I've heard from others. Having done 30-40 raid/capture/spy missions myself, I noticed a very high chance from them that they will give Vitality, Runspeed, Stamina Mods or Ammo/Clip/Reload mods. (Though I think I got a redirection once as well,but not enough to say that it's a high % chance or even an equal chance compared to the rest, no matter what redirection seems to have a horrible chance of dropping. The same seems to go for Flow)

I have to say, run Xini if you can. I did not find one until I did that earlier today, it has a chance to pop up there as one of the wave 5x rewards. A couple friends had gotten them elsewhere, but I've gotten over 1000 mods since the update and this was the only Redirection I've received so far.

all mod drops seem to be COMPLETELY RANDOM there is no one place where you can find just the one mod. just play the game and you MAY OR MAY NOT GET THE MOD.

BECAUSE THIS IS A LUCK BASED PROGRESSION ITS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT.

Not true. Different missions have different loot tables. See here, here, here and here.

Edited by Notso

In search for HP/Shield mods i did about some 20-30 M prime Raids did get HP mode there, did tolstoj about the same nuber of times only got hp.

Then i tried Venus Aphrodite Raid did it some 20 times with no luck of shield mod allthou i got Flow(2 or 3), after that i've gone to Venus Kilken Defence and i got it in my 2nd run as a drop from corpus not as a reward.

Then i tried Venus Aphrodite Raid did it some 20 times with no luck of shield mod allthou i got Flow(2 or 3),

Thanks for the info, i'll try farming there. Been looking for flow as it's the only mod i haven't gotten 10+ of lol. Seeing as I haven't even gotten 1 Flow yet. (Haven't gotten much redirection either though) Been farming corpus anywhere and everywhere looking for Flow.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

Getting a drop is one thing... getting the card upgraded to full %440 is nearly impossible... I have 5 redirection cards... 4 of them showed up from multiple mod pack purchases...

I have used unknown LARGE amount of credits + all my fusion cores to get %320 and 3 of %240 shield mods...

DE either give us some passive stats or decrease the number of upgrades it needs to upgrade the mods.. It is out right ridiculous...

Oh, once the upgrade is adjusted... I want my credit and fusion cores refund =P or my Redirections mods all maxed out =P

Edited by Jinpu

I have used unknown LARGE amount of credits + all my fusion cores to get %320 and 3 of %240 shield mods...

The gameplay might be instant gratification but the mod system is not, and thats great as there would be no sense of achievement if they just threw everything in our lap.

Getting rank 10 mods are a long term goal in this game which gives you something to work towards, with a 200% increase in vitality and shields the game is already a whole lot easier and nearing walk in the park difficulty again when soloing.

A 400% increase is just overkill in most scenarios unless you're planning on just standing there and soak up damage.

DE either give us some passive stats or decrease the number of upgrades it needs to upgrade the mods.. It is out right ridiculous...

Passive stats would be interesting but if they were just straight up +% shields and health like the mods it would be quite rather dull, perhaps a sort of mastery/proficiency with warframe and weapons that benefits the player differently by giving them something like increased aerial maneuverability, faster knockdown recovery, etc.

The gameplay might be instant gratification but the mod system is not, and thats great as there would be no sense of achievement if they just threw everything in our lap.

Getting rank 10 mods are a long term goal in this game which gives you something to work towards, with a 200% increase in vitality and shields the game is already a whole lot easier and nearing walk in the park difficulty again when soloing.

A 400% increase is just overkill in most scenarios unless you're planning on just standing there and soak up damage.

Passive stats would be interesting but if they were just straight up +% shields and health like the mods it would be quite rather dull, perhaps a sort of mastery/proficiency with warframe and weapons that benefits the player differently by giving them something like increased aerial maneuverability, faster knockdown recovery, etc.

I disagree 200% shield is not walk in the park. Maybe in Mercury. I favor Loki and Ash. Lok has base 75 shield. With %320 shield, I get 315... even if I play using all Loki's shield, there are times that shield goes down fast. This of course has to do with fact that I have no Max Power mod. I am leveling Frost who has 150 base shield and %240 gives me 510 shield which is better. I started farming at Xini yesterday when I was level 17. With higher shield it was easier to survive.

I disagree 200% shield is not walk in the park. Maybe in Mercury. I favor Loki and Ash. Lok has base 75 shield. With %320 shield, I get 315... even if I play using all Loki's shield, there are times that shield goes down fast.

I'll agree the Loki has a rough start but both him and Ash have access to invisibility which can give the player time to disenage or a breather during combat while negating most damage sources.

Loki also has an innate run speed boost which is superior to most frames and helps with avoiding ranged attacks while keeping melee enemies at a distance, throw in mass disarm, a decoy that attracts attention and a teleport switch to use on a unspecting friend or foe and he can weasel his way out of most hazardous situations and ontop of a crate to deal with infested.

Also now that we have sentinels they do provide the player with a great support ability; Guardian, which refills yours shields when depleted every 1 minute or less?

I started farming at Xini yesterday when I was level 17. With higher shield it was easier to survive.

Yet that is an "end game" sector with enemies starting around level 30 and upwards, and you're there at nearly half of the level with a "caster" frame, in co-op I assume which does make the game easier, If you're not then it pretty much shows one could make due with a 200% increase.

Yet that is an "end game" sector with enemies starting around level 30 and upwards, and you're there at nearly half of the level with a "caster" frame, in co-op I assume which does make the game easier, If you're not then it pretty much shows one could make due with a 200% increase.

Maybe I should be clear on this. With Loki, the combined affect of Rush + Natural Running Speed + Invisible, I can survive. But there were many times, it was close or I had under 100 Health. Or there were times, where I didn't have energy. Loki has 150 energy and I have essense helmet plus 20 power efficiency...

Like I said, I like Frost because I was able to throw %240 shield mod and got 510 and I can survive better without being Loki... My frost doesn't have Rush or invisible. The avalanche is 1 time only deal... So I am careful to use avalanche when I see orbs lying around... of course there is snow globe...

The point I am trying to make is that the new mod system is cool and refreshing idea; however, it assumes that gameplay, frames, enemies, weapons are in perfect balance. Which is far from the truth... honestly... Yes I know it is beta and maybe this is the path that the game has to take to get to some kind of perfection but man... it can be brutal sometimes... If I get together with good players... yes it walk in the park... but to be honest, not players are good as some I have played with...

I want to remind you Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Each character had some passive stats that they chose to increase... it wasn't shield and HP for sure. They were set average 500HP, 500Barrier. Some sentinels like Loki had 250Barrier and 500. Heavy type had 600Barrier and 500HP. But I had freedom to upgrade base dmg and other stats... I forget. The reason I did well in ME3 Multiplayer was the fact that there was effective cover system for us to recover.

I am not the only one complaining about shield. Slight increase would be welcome and help us in our grind and play. That is all.

I was assured by DE that some implementation of passive stats or something close to it is coming... we shall see.

Redirection popped as reward at wave 5 once.Flow not popping anywhere, after 30,35 waves on different maps even on pluto defense missions , i play mage wich can use one skill then he needs again 3 mana balls to use skill, so im mage without mana :D, using guns only.

Farming alot everyday hardcore, still nothing, maybe i should wait next update,for now drop chance is NONE, i never saw anyone ingame who have Flow mod and almost everyone have Redirection thats why so many classes wich not need energy.

Edited by drunkpunk222