Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exclusives Megathread (The Eternal Struggle Of Giving A Damn And Not Giving A Damn About Event Items)

Mateus_ex_Machina

All things considered, you guys make good arguments.  Making the Founder weapons reskins of the originals was just a suggestion, and I thank you for logically and rationally arguing against it, rather than just raging.  I was asking for feedback on an idea, and you have given it.  I get the idea of exclusive items, and I get that the founders deserve them.  It just rubs me the wrong way that they have access to a stat set which cannot be obtained at all by other players.  Note that, as far as my research indicates, the Lato Prime has the second highest fire rate of all semi-auto pistols, not counting akimbos, and the Skana Prime has decent stats.  I don't care about the appearance, just stats.  Would giving the founder weapons to everyone be a betrayal?  Yes, most certainly, and I don't debate this.  However, allowing players to obtain weapons with the same stats that aren't as flashy and lack the preinstalled orokin catalyst and polarity slots?  I'm not sure, I'll leave that to devs and founders.  I'd like to point out Firefall, a game which I did purchase a founder's pack for.  All of the founder's pack items were either purely cosmetic, utilitarian (such as character or army name reserves and in-game currency), or reskins of utility items.  The same goes for the Beta Crystite items, which could only be purchased with in game currency during the closed beta.  I don't see why the founders for this game needed better items as a bonus.  I'm okay with the event weapons being restricted to events, so long as everyone, at some point, gets a chance to earn them through repeat events, no matter how infrequent.  Are the founder weapons a form of buying power?  Not really.  Still, the weapons are different, and some might prefer the feel of them, but can't use them.  The exclusives just don't sit right with me, somehow.

I did see the previous topic on this subject.  However, that essentially reduced to a flame war, not a civil discussion.  I specifically asked that this be kept civil, and you have done so.  I did not want this topic banned as a flame war because I felt that it was something worth discussing in a rational and polite fashion.  Most of the arguments I've seen against my suggestions are fairly strong, and I'm willing to drop the issue.  I admit that the Lato Prime is quickly outclassed by the Bolto, and that the Skana Prime is far from the best.  You guys have won the debate in the most solid way possible: you got me to agree with you.

Everyone had a chance to buy the Founders stuff while the program was up and running (yeah, it's the Founders Program and it lasted until November of last year). That's no different than events that come and go, and will never come up again. It's no different. People who missed the events won't see those items again either. Pretty much, I have no problem with Founders stuff being available to others, but I have no problem with it staying exclusive because it currently is reserved for those who helped the game get on its feet in the games infancy. That fact shouldn't rub you the wrong way. As well, the whole stat thing isn't warranted because, again, the Founders weapons aren't that good at all. Regardless of the Lato Prime's fire rate among other semi-auto pistols, there's no point for it when you have the kunai, despair, and afuris for starters.

It could be argued that Excalibur Prime is/was actually a worse version.  I've not considered Corrupted mods on him but when I got him there were three 'V' polarity mods in the game, one of which (Rage) I don't rate on a frame that can't easily get health back, and depending on your playstyle Continuity might not be much use.  So you take half price Focus and are left with another 'V' mod slot that costs extra to put something into.  Moving on to the change to Auras becoming mods that provide points; Excalibur, the all rounder, was the only frame to have an unpolarized Aura slot (until Nekros).  While he couldn't get 14 points from an Aura, he never got 5 for going against polarity.  Excalibur Prime on the otherhand has  'V' Aura slot giving bonus if you want Rifle Amp or Steel Charge but a reduction if your Excal build would use Energy Siphon or Rejuvenation etc.

I'd like to see normal weapons remove for unknown reasons brought back, like Boar and Gorgon...

Gorgon is still available as a log-in reward.  I regretted selling mine and not picking up a spare blueprint before they went off sale because the Day of the Dead skin looked cool but then, eventually, I got given one for log-in!

Veteran players are already being alienated enough by the lack of additions that they can truly enjoy in this game, over and above farming for, and ranking up the new gear DE adds each week.

Exclusive items, stats and all show that these Vet's have stuck with the game for a longer time than most, supported it in its infancy, and continue it even now. These are players, that may not pay all that much more, but hopefully DE still sees them as those who made the game what it is.

Event Exclusives are hinted at making a return in future. There will always be more Events.

Asking for all this to be devalued, simply so you can have gear that "Looks cool" just seems a bit silly to me. 

Just my $0.02

I've heard that a lot of people who didn't participate in the Gravidus Dilemma want a Brakk, and as such for the demand, DE are considering re-releasing it.

well, other than people who didn't get it when it was available whining for it, here are some reasons why not to.

Lato Prime, yes, I know it's a S#&$ weapon now, but that is about  as exclusive as it comes, only available to the select few who bought the highest tier of Founder's Pack. What if they made it available in an event now? Wouldn't those people who paid for it feel like DE were slapping them in the face? (I could use different demeaning things here, but lets go with slap in the face.)

Firstly, lets take a look at the Brakk and Detron, they're 2 very different beasts. Forgetting the elemental damage type on the Detron, and looking purely at the numbers, the Brakk does a whole extra 1/3 damage than the Detron, has a faster firing rate of 5 vs the 3.3 of the Detron, and has a way better Critical and Status chance.

If they made the Brakk available in a similar way to the Detron, they'd almost surely have to either buff the Detron (which isn't so bad) or nerf the Brakk.

Nerfing the Brakk would again be a slap in the face.

I had to work very hard in the game to get the Brakk, Sure the event ran for a while week, but it was during the middle of a work week. Within that week, you needed to win 100 missions, devoting all my free time to it, lets say 4 hours a night, for 7 days.

add that up and it comes to 28 hours. Assuming you were being paid a moderate wage to do that, you could earn $400 for those hours, easily. Compare that to paying real money for the Lato, and you've got a comparison to the exclusive nature of the 2 weapons.

Brakk is also the only pistol exclusive to events so far, so if they did re-release it to everyone, that brings it back to Zero.

There's also the Strun Wrait, machatte wraith and Snipetron Vandal, If they made the Brakk available to everyone, why not those too? Because it's stupid, and removes from the nature of Status.

They're a Status symbol, that not only says "I've been here for this long", but also says "I worked hard to complete a difficult task"

The Brakk is the same thing, don't slap everyone with a brakk in the face, just because other people are jelous.

Here are a couple of solutions that I think most people would be happy with. IF DE already has an event in mind for rereleasing the brakk

Firsly, well... why the Brakk? Just because it was on offer during the event, as was the Detron, why keep them paired? Why not design a whole new comparible pistol as a partner for the Detron?

Alternatively, yes, release the Brakk to everyone, BUT, Upgrade the Brakk that already exists, for the people who alerady own it to be a Brakk Wraith or something, so that those who did work hard to complete the event within the time alloted still have their trophy.

Basicly what you say is, you fear that devs will nerf brakk again if everyone gets it, ignoring the fact that they nerfed brakk already its range.

And then after you said that we that got brakk from gradivus deserve brakk wraith, but if we go by that then tears will drop again and again and again everyone, will try too get it and curse if they miss it.

Edited by SALE94

Only way I'd agree with a "Brakk Wraith" is if it could:

A) Be recolored however I please.

B) Leave it how it is now (it's already been nerfed a bit)

C) Make the "normal" Brakk on par with the Detron.

D) Oh, and Detron Vandal at some point please in that case, I love the Detron! (5x forma) even if its not as good as my Brakk.

Edited by Zagrax

Brakk is also the only pistol exclusive to events so far, so if they did re-release it to everyone, that brings it back to Zero.

<---stares at the wraith twin vipers... Go home you're a fire hose

--- also DE has stated in the past that event weapons are going into a "disney vault" as they phrased it. They do plan on re releasing all the event weapons at some point, those who have done these events just get an early copy. They also stated that they will never re release the founder weapons or the Lato Vandal

Edited by zebar1313

-snip-

Someone feels like a special little snowflake and seems to be afraid to lose his snow.

Aaaanyway, as said in devstream #22(I believe it was) they stated that ALL weapons released EXCEPT Founder's are in a "Disney Vault" to be released when they(DE) feels like it is the right time.*

Why limit the content in the game when the event happend ~6 months ago? You have had 6 months to play with it, time to give it to the rest of the community wouldn't you agree?

And not to mention that the Ciscero event also had mod cards and a weapon temporary exclusive to it.

*Either through another event or market or however they deem the right way.

Edited by BrainInvader

How to make your post look like childish ranting? Use the phrase "slap in the face".

28 hours? I took you over 15 minutes to run each of your 100 missions? I think not. If it did then that's your own fault, not DE's or the playerbase.

All that being said, I missed out on the Brakk as I went on holiday during the event so I have no problem not having it. What I do have a problem with is the best pistol in the game (is it now, it certainly was once) being an event exclusive. That shouldn't be the case. It can be unique and exclusive but it doesn't need to be the best.

<---stares at the wraith twin vipers... Go home you're a fire hose

That's technically a reskin.

Brakk is the only weapon totally new from an event.

And the reason why i think they should leave it as that is because then events have no meaning.

People that miss the event will just wait till it comes out later on and the new complain will be how long it's going to take.

How to make your post look like childish ranting? Use the phrase "slap in the face".

28 hours? I took you over 15 minutes to run each of your 100 missions? I think not. If it did then that's your own fault, not DE's or the playerbase.

People seem to forget that you also had to make sure the Grineer won.

That required more than the minimum requirements for obtaining the weapon.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

And not to mention that the Ciscero event also had mod cards and a weapon temporary exclusive to it.

*Either through another event or market or however they deem the right way.

Those mods are only available for real money at the moment though, which I feel is an adequate compensation...

IF the the brakk was re-released in another exclusive time-limited event, so a second chance to get it, I wouldn't mind it as much, but if they basically nerfed it to be another Detron, then I'd be ragemode.

I think they should make the Brakk do no damage at all. That way we can truly, once and for all, lay claim that it is a "status" weapon and not actually good for anything other than showing off or lording over the "Noobs" with.

I mean if its really a "status weapon" why is it considered one of the, if not the, best side-arm available?

Besides we need more sugar in candy-land i'm stuck at 14.

Those mods are only available for real money at the moment though, which I feel is an adequate compensation...

IF the the brakk was re-released in another exclusive time-limited event, so a second chance to get it, I wouldn't mind it as much, but if they basically nerfed it to be another Detron, then I'd be ragemode.

There is no way to get the Event mods currently. (Well maybe trading, but I'm not sure about that)  

And why would you be ragemode? All shotguns need to be looked at(Including the brakk/bronco) so they are all actually usable instead of terrible beyond 20m. Which means they will all get changes in the future.

Edited by BrainInvader

Oops, I forget about those on account that I'm not keen on weapons that can depleat their entire ammo reserve in under 1 min.

<--- stares at half of the pistols currently in the game... Go home embolist, cestra, furis, etc... you're all fire hoses 

That's technically a reskin.

Brakk is the only weapon totally new from an event.

People seem to forget that you also had to make sure the Grineer won.

That required more than the minimum requirements for obtaining the weapon.

Don't forget the fact that Those who participated still got the blueprint for brakk, those who sided mainly on Grineer side got the Supercharged version. 

Well i guess i should stop going after prime items since they're all reskins :/ 

I mean if its really a "status weapon" why is it considered one of the, if not the, best side-arm available?

Besides we need more sugar in candy-land i'm stuck at 14.

The fact that it is considered one of the best side-arms available isn't the problem that it's too strong, it's that everything else in the game is too weak.

Somethnig people seem to forget is: NOT ALL WEAPONS ARE EQUIL!!!

These people who scream "Overpowered! Nerf all the things! Make them all equivelent!" need to realise that they're not supposed to be! some things are supposed to be stronger than others, otherwise, why have more things? if you want everything to be the same, then why not just delete everyone and give everyone a single frame, a single pistol, a single rifle, a single shotgun, and a couple of different melee weapons. surely that makes way more sense than trying to make everying equil.

The strength, and power of an object within the game should be proportional to the ammount of hard work, time, and resourced that went into obtaining it.