The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About Some Sort Of Community Mod Appreciation Week?

Annnoth

TL; DR: I wrote this because I had spare time so it's incredibly long. Long story short, the mods deal with death threats, and a lot of other crap so why now show some appreciation for their work?

We're all aware that these forums are governed by various moderators and community managers to ensure the content on this forum follows the rules and has some quality to it to. As you can imagine this is a lot of work because warframe is so huge and just imagine what all the mods have to go through when doing their job especially when really contravertial things happen like with nova and prime trading an much more. Those topics don't moderate themselves an there is a lot of them.

I have spoken to mods before and they deal with a lot of things, obviously all the things they have to do in regards to the forums an it's community be deleting, locking, an moving threads that are't fit for different reason. They get lots of creepy and offensive PM's like death threats, fan letters, and people generally coaining abou them to where their inbox becomes full a lot of the time. They are "supposedly" marked as enemies on various areas of 4chan and in general have to deal with a lot that they don't have to.

Why not show them some more appreciation? I'm sure a few people show their appreciation but why not show some more? Like them, hate them, doesn't matter. They deal with a lot just to provide a better foruming experience so they deserve a good amount of respect for that.

They are the heroes this forum needs but doesn't deserve a lot of the time. So why not show a little bit of appreciation for their work?

If anyone here has any kin of popularity on the Internet like YouTube or are a famous redditor, or well known on twitter, I'm sure you can sympathize with them.

Edit: title.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

How about a day where we start threads in the right forum? :P

Then Tulz would be out of a job!

Saw your title, thought Mod was for mods in game and not mods on forums xD

Great idea jack!

#Tulzforlife

You're alive?! Man... I haven't seen you in ages!

Man, and miss out on that patented line? Maybe when we go full release. ;)

But yeah, our community mods are swell guys, with Megan and Rebecca, too. They're really awesome. Dedicated, intelligent and they try to be a bro where they can, but keep things civil.

It's nice to see blatantfool and Letter13 around, and Silverbones was the one who brought us the sword and board. I'm actually impressed they haven't gone totally bonkers yet, considering the level of toxicity we devolve to sometimes.

All hail the mods, man.

YES_YES_(Mr._Bison).jpeg

Srsly though, the mods are working on a pinned guide in General Discussion to clarify which threads belong in which specific section - hopefully this will be rolled out soon.

But of course misplaced threads can't be avoided even with that, and ensuring order in the forum is one my responsibilities so I don't mind.

I love you too jack! :D

You mean in game? It's my exam period now (I shouldn't even be on the forums xD) but hey, that should be my line!

Well I meant I general really. Considering we are in opposite time zones I don't see you much if a all in game, on TS, and all that.

Yes I would like to join you in appreciating my glorious maxed Ammo Drum mod (thanks to legendary core).

But yes, thanks for the stuff you do that I do not know because you always do it so secretly, other than when you say 'moved to the proper section'. :)