Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Brakk Re-Release Discussion Thread

JohnProdman

Welcome to my thread.

I know the topic of Brakk's sudden return is most definitely controversial within the community, so I decided to take it upon myself to make a place for people to share their opinions on the matter.

I myself am going to do my best to gather statistics and try to make sense of the amount of effort it would take to obtain the Brakk as opposed to when it was rewarded to Gradivus participants.

Whether you disagree with the update, or welcome it with open arms, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter and your reasoning behind such thoughts.

Afterthought:

Received all the Brakk pieces in one run of the Grustag Three after only 3 missions of searching. After an additional 120 missions, I only received a single Brakk receiver on top of what I had originally gotten from 3 additional encounters. I can conclude that it was just extremely lucky RNG as I have not been able to find anybody else that claimed similar. Since this occured, the drop rate has been severely nerfed, so players are looking at what would likely be a bare minimum of 200+ missions in order to complete the weapon post-nerf. I have ran this by other players in the game after the droprate nerf and it seems that they are getting on average a single Brakk component every third encounter.

If we give a rough estimate of a 1 in 30 chance of the Grustag Three appearing with 4 tagged squad members and a 1/3 drop rate for Brakk pieces, players looking to farm Brakk can be expected to do a total of 270 missions in order to acquire the components without good luck being a factor. RNG being RNG, some people are going to end up having to do double that number.

Considering that Gradivus participants only had to do 100 missions for Brakk, both faction's supporters obtained the weapon much easier than it may be obtained currently. On top of that, Grineer supporters received their Brakk with a weapon slot and an Orokin Catalyst for an added 20+6 platinum of value.

Edited by Dominus_Tenno

Spent several hours a day to get it... And now it can be done in just a day with some dedication. Thanks DE. won't be looking forward to competing in future events, whats the point.

inb4 those who has primed chamber cries about it when they release it in game

While I see the point (and somewhat agree) with annoyance of those of us already having it (myself included) because we did 100 missions for it, at the same time, we have to consider that this will most likely end up with separate components and be behind multiple walls of the piece of bull excrement known as  RNG. As much as I hate RNG, I think that will prove to be a balancing factor of sorts until DE comes up with a more reliable way for people to obtain the brakk (but actually earn it, of course).

Does this game need another OP gun to be mass-available, really? Who are you supposed to fight? All the enemies are pushovers even for weaker weapons. 

Also I want to fight challenging enemy without almost-never-happening RNG (only ever met Harvester twice, one time even before the Detron)

This game is so backwards, its harder to find a worthy enemy than it is to get a very good weapon. Nonsense. 

Less exclusivity = Less posibility for players to be annoying brag rats

I'm happy they destroyed it's prestige and hope for other exclusive items to suffer the same fate(excluding the founder items).

It's not about losing bragging rights. No one bragged in the first place. It's about the fact that people did 100 missions in a week JUST for this. and now that means absolutely nothing.

Does this game need another OP gun to be mass-available, really? Who are you supposed to fight? All the enemies are pushovers even for weaker weapons. 

Also I want to fight challenging enemy without almost-never-happening RNG (only ever met Harvester twice, one time even before the Detron)

This game is so backwards, its harder to find a worthy enemy than it is to get a very good weapon. Nonsense. 

It's not even an OP weapon. Unless you are 5 feet away, the damage drop-off nerf they imposed in the Brakk makes it into only a decent weapon.

It's not about losing bragging rights. No one bragged in the first place. It's about the fact that people did 100 missions in a week JUST for this. and now that means absolutely nothing.

I disagree. If people were told that they would have early-access just as many people would have gotten it, only there would be less complaining.

Same thing goes for the Cicero mods.