Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Now That Void And Derelicts Have Starchart Locations

DJ_Redwire

This would be tricky, since these icons only appear if you have the keys needed to reach these missions. If you are out of keys, you can't see them, so the drone would get lost. Or something else.

My intuition says that if you suddenly ran out of derelict keys for instance that the drone would just pop back into your inventory the way it was when you used your last key. Seems pretty simple to me.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

When I saw the topic title, for some reason it reminded me of the a while ago guy who wanted a mission on the sun, saying it was a planet where the Orokin lived or something.

Regardless I would love to send my extractors to the derelict, you have my vote.

you really hate the gameplay in this game so much you want to deploy AFK harvesters to do your work?

Think about it...

If you cant stand farming stuff via playing...why are you playing?

Uh, what? This thread is about the addition of the ability to send a resource drone to the derelicts and/or the void. Seeing as you can send them everywhere else, I was simply throwing out the suggestion seeing as it's been brought up in the past since before those locations had starchart markers. 

To address your condescending tone:

Considering resource drones already exist, don't you think that ship has sailed already? 

Who said I hate the gameplay? I have zero issues with farming - do it all the time. Resource drones exist so you can collect a tiny amount of resources while you're away or busy farming something else. It's a convenience. If you don't want to use them, then don't use them.

Your disdain for resource drones really doesn't have anything to do with what I posted, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't derail my thread kthx. 

right, I get the defensiveness and all, since I didn't agree...

but I mean, these are suppose to be exclusive content, in that you cant just spam them without spending resources.

because they are like this, I feel they have a much longer life spam before getting...boring...I guess...

Farming them for resources is whats fun about them, its why I do them.

Then....I guess..i actually like playing the game, and find the gameplay fun....

So my point is, if you don't want to play the keys to get the resources...doesn't that say something?

TBH I dislike the concept of extractors...the whole point of playing past a certain point is to either farm rare drops or resources...

Guess I never will understand how so many MMO players seem in such a damn hurry to have nothing left to do...

Edited by Cyberdown

*Sigh* So much for not having the thread derailed.

right, I get the defensiveness and all, since I didn't agree...

You claimed I hate the gameplay. I don't. You claim I'm lazy. I'm not. You say I shouldn't play anymore. I still am. Do you get defensive when people put words in your mouth? 

but I mean, these are suppose to be exclusive content, in that you cant just spam them without spending resources..

Since when are the derelicts and void 'exclusive'? In what way? Where are pulling this from?

because they are like this, I feel they have a much longer life spam before getting...boring...I guess...

Then that's a problem with the missions - not the players.

Farming them for resources is whats fun about them, its why I do them.

That's great and I hope you keep having fun doing so, as will I, and as will thousands of other people; whether or not you can send drones to them.

Then....I guess..i actually like playing the game, and find the gameplay fun....

There's that assumption train again. Please quote exactly where I said I hate the gameplay, I would really like to know the exact spot where I said this or even implied it.

So my point is, if you don't want to play the keys to get the resources...doesn't that say something?

Do you even know how resource drone work? The amounts they collect, even with the Prime version, are minuscule. It would take days or even weeks to collect enough of a rare resourse such as Mutagen to actually build something without farming it normally.

TBH I dislike the concept of extractors...the whole point of playing past a certain point is to either farm rare drops or resources...

I am sorry you dislike them, but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. No one is forcing you to do anything. And as far as 'the whole point' to the game, that is again your opinion which I doubt many share.

Guess I never will understand how so many MMO players seem in such a damn hurry to have nothing left to do...

As I just mentioned, it would take conventionally longer to sit there and hit the collect button every 4 hours to get enough of something to be useful. That's the opposite of in a hurry. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

When clicking on this thread I thought it would be about how the new Starchart Icons still don't enable Quickplay.

But I guess sending drones there is something I would support too. Even if they only get you 1-2 Mutagen Sample once in a while or whatever. At least for Void and Derelicts. Don't understand why there are resources listed for the Dojo. :D