Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Would You Balance Trinity?

TunaMayo

Right now trinity is in a very strong position. A good trinity user can keep a team topped up on health and energy.

But, a good trinity can also keep an entire team invulnerable to damage for a seemingly infinite amount of time.

Anyone can see that this might be a little powerful, but I'm interested as to how people would go about balancing trinity without ruining her.

I say balance trinity rather than solely balance blessing, as I believe that by nerfing blessing and lleaving the rest of her untouched, trinity would lose her usefulness.

So please, of you think she needs changing, how and why? If you think she doesn't, why?

Nerf Nova first.. atleast Trinity does not ruin the fun for other players.

Then.. maybe remove invulnerability from Blessing and put in the old Overheat DR that can cap out at ~90% DR with full power strength, give it a Range of 15 Metres instead of Global.

Remove DR from Link, double the damage. This way Trin can do some damage.

Combine Health and Mana leech into one single skill that hast a duration and replenishes HP/Energy when the affected enemy dies.. then jumps to the next Enemy within 10 meters as long as duration lasts.

Give her a new skill that is Global like old Blessing and does only do 1 thing: Prevents affected Allies from dying for the next 5 seconds... meaning they cant drop below 1 HP which gives trinity time to run into reach for new blessing.

Edited by Namacyst

Anyone can see that this might be a little powerful, but I'm interested as to how people would go about balancing trinity without ruining her.

Any kind of Balancing will ruin anything. Balance a weapon you think, likely its nerfed and useless so time to use the next strongest till someone wants that nerfed. Same with Trinity, No more god mode but damage reduction? No one ould use it if it was not enough than use like nyx and spam her speial for semi god mode. Leave things how they are and buff the useless ones.

I think invincibility is ridiculous, and should not be in the game in any way. Having blessing give players a damage resistance that last for a certain time seems bettertom me, there is no challenge in this whole game if we have 1-hitting radial kill skills and map-wide player perma-invincibility.

Remove invincibility from Bleassing. Instead Blessing now heals, removes all status effects and gives health regeneration for it's duration (health regens as fast as shields normally do).

Tweak link. Now when a linked enemy dies it explodes dealing corrosive damage to enemies and Trinity at the same time emits a pulse that regenerates allies health (affected by power strength and range).

I think invincibility is ridiculous, and should not be in the game in any way. Having blessing give players a damage resistance that last for a certain time seems bettertom me, there is no challenge in this whole game if we have 1-hitting radial kill skills and map-wide player perma-invincibility.

I believe you should look at Rhino then. Used by 60% of the players.

Semi-invincible till iron skin lasts, gives huge boosts to teammates and nukes half the map with overused stomps.

Trinity can support the team by giving them energy and health.

Now, using common sense which you lack.

Who needs rebalancing?

Semi-invincible till iron skin lasts, gives huge boosts to teammates and nukes half the map with overused stomps.

Who needs rebalancing?

use the common sense that you lack, rhino is a frame suited for low level areas, your iron skill will perish in 3 seconds if you would fight serious enemies. Making it a damage resistance-over-time would not be bad though. If you call rhino stomp a nuke, well, against level 20 mobs maybe.

Trinity can rend the whole team invincible, no matter how far they are away from her, not even level 500 enemies can hurt you.

You should really learn to Warframe.

Who needs rebalancing?

use the common sense that you lack, rhino is a frame suited for low level areas, your iron skill will perish in 3 seconds if you would fight serious enemies. Making it a damage resistance-over-time would not be bad though. If you call rhino stomp a nuke, well, against level 20 mobs maybe.

Trinity can rend the whole team invincible, no matter how far they are away from her, not even level 500 enemies can hurt you.

You should really learn to Warframe.

Can both of you please refrain from insults, this is a discussion not a pissing contest.

On point, from an objective point of view you simply cannot compare a shield with a damage cap to team invulnerability.

Who needs rebalancing?

Iron skin is just an extra shield that prevents knockback. It's instantly destroyed by hight-end enemies if you don't use cover. And stomp is merely a CC move. A good one, but so is Chaos.

Here is where I say something that might be a bit unexpected.

I think that Trinity is fine where she is. Yes a good trinity can keep a team invulnerable, but you give up CC/Damage to have a Trinity in your squad.

Yes a good Trinity can keep a team alive, but the second she misses a Blessing cast, she is in big trouble.

I personally wouldn't "nerf" or change anything, maybe just add a little, Eventually so many things are going to be nerfed the people that like to play survival or defense missions for extended periods of time wont get very far. I think that if you don't like a frame just don't use that frame its all about preference I don't think any of the frames are OP. Just because one frame can do more damage then the next? There's a lot of different ways you can challenge yourself in game,. In these little "nerf requests" no one ever puts to mind the high tier content in game. Maybe instead of asking to downgrade stuff why don't you ask for more challenging content "Choose difficulty levels for each Planet from Easy to Elite" .... not downgrade this and that.

Edited by (PS4)MoTiVaTeDKiLLa

I personally wouldn't "nerf" or change anything, maybe just add a little, Eventually so many things are going to be nerfed the people that like to play survival or defense missions for extended periods of time wont get very far. I think that if you don't like a frame just don't use that frame its all about preference I don't think any of the frames are OP. Just because one frame can do more damage then the next? There's a lot of different ways you can challenge yourself in game,. In these little "nerf requests" no one ever puts to mind the high tier content in game. Maybe instead of asking to downgrade stuff why don't you ask for more challenging content "Choose difficulty levels for each Planet from Easy to Elite" .... not downgrade this and that.

In a game where AI doesn't evolve, and difficulty is measured by enemy damage and enemy health, how can content be challenging when your team is invulnerable?

What about dealing with high level enemies? Very high, that even grunt will kil in 1 shot. Enemy's stats can scale to infinity, that's why players like abilities that are always usefull independent of enemy stats. That is why Disarm and Bastile now in use when Snowglobe become useless.

Oberon can keep teammates alive with multiple death blows. So by making Blessing a heal-only skill, Oberon will drop Trinity from party, and players will have to get used to see constant 1 HP on every survival/endless defence.

What about dealing with high level enemies? Very high, that even grunt will kil in 1 shot. Enemy's stats can scale to infinity, that's why players like abilities that are always usefull independent of enemy stats. That is why Disarm and Bastile now in use when Snowglobe become useless.

Oberon can keep teammates alive with multiple death blows. So by making Blessing a heal-only skill, Oberon will drop Trinity from party, and players will have to get used to see constant 1 HP on every survival/endless defence.

It seems that people are failing to grasp the objective of this thread.

I'm not asking for a sole blessing nerf.

I'm along how people would balance or alter her skills so that she is used for more than just godmode and still be viable.

It seems that people are failing to grasp the objective of this thread.

I'm not asking for a sole blessing nerf.

I'm along how people would balance or alter her skills so that she is used for more than just godmode and still be viable.

And I gave answer. Any tweak to Trinity will make Oberon more viable healer.

Turnung off "god-mod" from Trinity (as the most desirable by whiner) will make her useless. There is no need in pure healing as it can be replaced with CC/DD warframe and some health restore items.

Trinity is among the few frames that existed long, long time ago. It wasn't a recent new addition. The only change that I can recall was that the dev did change her ability on hp/energy & blessing skill. At that point of time, trinity didn't have the ability@luxury to make the whole team permanent invulnerable.. that was until the devs added in the corrupted mods with dual stats

I am not blaming players on how they choose to use trinity. I just want to point out that the cause to all the recent warframe rebalancing discussion is partly due to the corrupted mod usage. If you remove them, you solve the entire saga..and then we'll back like in the old days of U8/U9.

Without removing the corrupted mods and solely changing/tweaking trinity's ability comes with 2 consequences:

1) player's blackslash (as usual)

2) May or may not solve the issue of perm.invulnerablity - if you want to introduce cooldown, it will affect the entire warframe.

Can we remove corrupted mods? No?

How can we change a support warframe's ability without getting influenced by mod usage then?

inroduce cooldown? Then what happens to the mod usage?

Dont change anything? cannot. sooner or later it's going to be an issue

But if change now? Everyone will be mad..

A change cannot please everyone. I am sorry Tuna..I dont have suggestion on how to "handle" trinity without runing her..or ruining the other warframes due to the chain effect.. If i could. <execute delete all corrupted mods> but we know..that will never happen.

And I gave answer. Any tweak to Trinity will make Oberon more viable healer.

Turnung off "god-mod" from Trinity (as the most desirable by whiner) will make her useless. There is no need in pure healing as it can be replaced with CC/DD warframe and some health restore items.

Again you focus solely on blessing, and assuming I want to directly nerf it. I'll give you an example of my attempt to balance trinity.

1. Well of life changed to "meatshield" (couldn't think of a better name). Like well of life, target enemy is lifted and given bonus hp. But, instead of shooting for hp, the meatshield "links" to tenno in range, taking x% damage for the tenno (damage reduction) effected by focus.

2. Energy Vampire would have duration positively effect the pulses, like Oberon and renewal.

4. Blessing - blessing has flat 5 second invulnerability, not effected by duration mods. Blessing also can revive downed team mates.

It's not perfect, but whilst nerfing the godmode, it's still there and you give blessing the ability to revive. The blessing would still have a little invulnerability for a cushion, but not long enough to promote power spamming. As well as changing well of life to something that can aid team survivability whilst still remaining useful for energy vampire.

Edited by TunaMayo

Well of Life needs to be overhauled because its current implementation competes too directly with Blessing.  I have no idea how.

Energy Vampire needs to have QoL improvements

Personally, I've never found Link fun.

Blessing needs to stop giving invincibility.

Unfortunately, nerfing Blessing would relegate her to the garbage heap because there is no semblance of difficulty in the game.  I think we can fix 1-3 right now (I just don't know how), but 4 can't be changed until people start playing the game differently which won't happen until we overhaul the power growth system.

Any kind of Balancing will ruin anything. Balance a weapon you think, likely its nerfed and useless so time to use the next strongest till someone wants that nerfed. Same with Trinity, No more god mode but damage reduction? No one ould use it if it was not enough than use like nyx and spam her speial for semi god mode. Leave things how they are and buff the useless ones.

If we don't nerf OP things, content is eclipsed among other issues.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Well of Life needs to be overhauled because its current implementation competes too directly with Blessing.  I have no idea how.

Energy Vampire needs to have QoL improvements

Personally, I've never found Link fun.

Blessing needs to stop giving invincibility.

Unfortunately, nerfing Blessing would relegate her to the garbage heap because there is no semblance of difficulty in the game.  I think we can fix 1-3 right now (I just don't know how), but 4 can't be changed until people start playing the game differently which won't happen until we overhaul the power growth system.

If we don't nerf OP things, content is eclipsed among other issues.

What say you to my idea in the post above, changing well of life into a sort of reverse link?

In my opinion Blessing should still have invulnerability. But, only flat 5 seconds not effected by duration mods, giving people a cushion to escape the line of fire, whilst being too short to promote spamming of the power.

What say you to my idea in the post above, changing well of life into a sort of reverse link?

In my opinion Blessing should still have invulnerability. But, only flat 5 seconds not effected by duration mods, giving people a cushion to escape the line of fire, whilst being too short to promote spamming of the power.

I feel like it would compete with Link then, unless you have other plans for Link.

whats wrong with trinity? are we to nerf every single thing in this game,

In that case lets nerf, heavy caliber, serration, and other mods.  You cannot stay invincilbe indefinitely unless you have a good team with atleast 2 people on energy siphon, and maxed mods, such as narrow minded (not easy to max) and continuity, and a well balanced fleeting and streamline.  its like saying lets nerf serration because once its maxed its a little more powerful when its not maxed.

besides to have a very good trinity is hard to find. Most trinites I see shoot themselves with a penta.  I have revived more trinites then any other frame!!! so you want that to get nerfed!! lol.  perhaps she does take a little practice and skill to use NO? no nerf needed.