Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Shasva Concept] Space-Time Warframe: Asteron

69amz

Really awesome concept and would be a frame I would play for sure but here are some personal tweaks I would do.

I would take out the chronolock or dialation field one of them has to go whichever is more bad%^& must stay. Personally leaning towards dialation field staying since it would be nice to have a full on utility ult more so then trinity. 

I would then take out the portal it would be cute but can easily be lackluster itll either be as meh as volts shield or strictly better, so best not to open up that can of worms. 

some ideas could be something like literally create portals like well portal so it would be like worm hole but you would be able to set them up so they transport enemies away from terminals and pods. Another idea you can try is a decoy that moves as if you were seeing what you would do next, but would act as a taunt exactly like decoy. Would have to be extremely weaker in some way to not piss off lokis but it would create the idea of time paradoxes and such.

Lastly the first ability although cool would make soul punch suck in comparison and isn't obvious with its theme of your frame. So how about its a targeted ability that is a single target nuke that rapidly ages the target making them eventually crumble to dust. While the skill is happening they would suffer a major debuff in speed. 

There's so much potential for this kind of power..

I mean, you could turn back time (healing skill)
you could hasten time (buff/killing skill)
since you control space you should be able to teleport/blink
you can rip an enemy apart with bending of space
etc..

Speaking of Duplicates for the fourth skill the discussion has made me think of something like Ash's Bladestorm.

Where the player controlled Asteron steps into a rift

Simultaneously rifts open next to an amount of nearby enemies

Copy Asterons emerge, deal damage in various ways(maybe with slightly randomized equipment/color, since they're supposed to be pulled from different times after all)

Copies return through their rifts, as the original steps through the other side of his own rift.

For a total of maybe 1.5 seconds.

ShotlockingKey: Nice work. Please take notice DE.

Jun-EGT-: I thought about this in a previous iteration, but decided that it would be somewhat OP. You and your allied frames are unaffected by the time distortion of Dilation.

Cwierz: I do know what hitscan is. The idea behind stopping/slowing those types of attacks was that even instantaneous movement must give way to the laws of time. Even Sonic the Hedgehog would freeze if hit by temporal stasis.

All posters with the copies idea: Nekros already has a similar ability. I will leave it at that.

Noble_Cactus: No damage bonus. But I don't see that it would matter, given that they'd be dead before they unfroze.

Nightange1: What if Rift Blade lost speed as it passed through more and more objects, and when it would reach zero speed, it just dissipates?

Veridantus: I've tried to make Asteron's powers unique from other frames. Those ideas you mention appear to be covered by existing frames, sorry. But having said that, yes - the chronokinetic potential is huge.

Me and a mate of mine (D00ms0ldier) have developed and refined the space-time warframe concept I came up with a while ago. Fellow Tenno, I would appreciate your feedback. And to DE, I would hope that you consider this one - it would be a great asset in game-play.

Asteron is a manipulator of the fabric of space and time. His powers can benefit his allies and cripple his enemies. 

EDIT:

* Added my mate's in-game username. He is the co-creator of Asteron.

* Expanded a bit more on how Rift Blade would function. I should also mention that this power is inspired by the Pokemon known as Palkia, who can use a similar attack in those games.

Name: Asteron
Theme: Space-Time

Base Stats
* Health: 150 (225)
* Power: 100 (300)
* Shields: 75 (225)
* Armour: 70
* Sprint: 1.2
* Polarities: 4x =, 2x V
* Aura Polarity: -

Abilities
#1 - Rift Blade (Cost 25)
"Asteron hurls a blade-like projectile that passes through any solid matter, damaging enemies in its path."

- The projectile has infinite Punch Through, and travels 50m (the maximum range for abilities).
- Objects it will go through include but are not limited to: terrain, allied players, enemies, shields (Lancers, Volt's shield power).
- Loses speed as it travels through objects, eventually dissipating once its speed reaches zero.
- Mod enhancement; Strength (damage), Efficiency (cost reduction)

#2 - Chronolock (Cost 50)
"Asteron pushes his hands forward, stopping time in an area in front of him. Any enemies and projectile attacks are frozen for a limited time."

- Projectiles, including hitscan, will stop in mid-air for the duration.
- Enemies, even when slain, will remain frozen until the duration expires.
- Mod enhancement; Duration (increased time frozen), Efficiency (cost reduction)

#3 - Void Portal (Cost 75)
"Asteron opens a portal in front of himself. Any enemy projectiles that enter it are soon spat back out, returning along their original path to hit the enemy instead."

- The portal will spit back "eaten" projectiles after approximately half a second.
- Projectiles which are spat out become hitscan, even if they weren't before they went in.
- Mod enhancement; Range (size of portal), Duration (increased portal up-time), Efficiency (cost reduction)

#4 - Dilation Field (Cost 100)
"Asteron distorts the flow of time, causing all nearby enemies to slow down for a limited time."

- The faster an enemy moves, the slower they become during the effect.
- Projectiles, even hitscan, slow down considerably, again depending on how fast they are.
- Allied players are, of course, unaffected. This also includes Shadows of the Dead clones made by Nekros and Sentinels.
- Mod enhancement; Strength (increased slowing effect), Range (size of field), Duration (field up-time), Efficiency (cost reduction)

Wouldn't it be cool if his second abilty even shots that you fire dont actually fire the bullet just stays frozen in space ready to hurk itelf toward a traget and enemies when cut in half only explode when duration falls out

Cool ideas here.

Some of this reminds me of the mind-bending gameplay of Braid

Chronolock and Dilation Field feel very similar though, with a range-boost mod, the field alone would do the same as the directional 'lo

Me and a mate of mine have developed and refined the space-time warframe concept I came up with a while ago. Fellow Tenno, I would appreciate your feedback. And to DE, I would hope that you consider this one - it would be a great asset in game-play.

Asteron is a manipulator of the fabric of space and time. His powers can benefit his allies and cripple his enemies. 

Name: Asteron
Theme: Space-Time

Base Stats
* Health: 150 (225)
* Power: 100 (300)
* Shields: 75 (225)
* Armour: 70
* Sprint: 1.2
* Polarities: 4x =, 2x V
* Aura Polarity: -

Abilities
#1 - Rift Blade (Cost 25)
"Asteron hurls a blade-like projectile that passes through any solid matter, damaging enemies in its path."

- The projectile has infinite Punch Through, and travels 50m (the maximum range for abilities).
- Objects it will go through include but are not limited to: terrain, allied players, enemies, shields (Lancers, Volt's shield power).
- Mod enhancement; Strength (damage), Efficiency (cost reduction)

"Asteron pushes his hands forward, stopping time in an area in front of him. Any enemies and projectile attacks are frozen for a limited time."

- Mod enhancement; Duration (increased time frozen), Efficiency (cost reduction)

#3 - Void Portal (Cost 75)
"Asteron opens a portal in front of himself. Any enemy projectiles that enter it are soon spat back out, returning along their original path to hit the enemy instead."

- The portal will spit back "eaten" projectiles after approximately half a second.
- Projectiles which are spat out become hitscan, even if they weren't before they went in.
- Mod enhancement; Range (size of portal), Duration (increased portal up-time), Efficiency (cost reduction)

#4 - Dilation Field (Cost 100)
"Asteron distorts the flow of time, causing all nearby enemies to slow down for a limited time."

- The faster an enemy moves, the slower they become during the effect.
- Projectiles, even hitscan, slow down considerably, again depending on how fast they are.
- Allied players are, of course, unaffected. This also includes Shadows of the Dead clones made by Nekros and Sentinels.
- Mod enhancement; Strength (increased slowing effect), Range (size of field), Duration (field up-time), Efficiency (cost reduction)

Cool ideas here.

Chronolock and Dilation Field feel very similar though, with a range-boost mod, the field alone would do the same as the directional 'lock?

I have a suggestion that addresses the similarity between Chronolock and Dilation Field.

First, I would swap the two powers, so that Chronolock is the ultimate power and Dilation Field would be renamed and set as the second power. For Dilation I'd like to see a set of projectiles that work like Ash's Shuriken, but with more targets. As a twist on the original idea, perhaps the power could slow and then send the unit backwards through it's last few actions, and any shots fired would be "rewound" back into the unit such that it deals damage to itself. I would imagine approximately five projectiles would be an appropriate start for the power, with more targets and a longer duration at higher ranks.

While thinking about some potential applications for time powers, it occurred to me that Chronolock as a stasis field is very close to Rhino's existing Stomp power, in that it locks enemies in place. There's only so much that can be done with time, we've covered slowing/rewinding enemies with Dilations, Speed is already done by Volt, and a complete Stasis is already accomplished by Rhino Stomp. What I thought might be interesting is further reworking Chronolock into a mission-wide buff for the Tenno. Instead of locking up a specific area, it could slow all enemies, their projectiles, and all physics in the entire mission with the exception of progress-related map items (doors, fans, elevators, etc.). That way, the power feels distinct from other slowing/stasis abilities like Molecular Prime and Rhino Stomp, but still feels like an "ultimate". Essentially, this is a frame capable of triggering "bullet time" for everyone in a mission simultaneously for a short duration.

I very much prefer these utlity-based powers, because they're just as effective against level 1 enemies as they are against level 200 enemies. A "rewound" enemy is going to deal more damage to itself the higher it's level, so the power balances itself as levels scale. The same goes for Chronolock, because it enhances the Tenno's potential rather than dealing in direct damage. I believe that most, if not all frames should have a direct-damage attack, so I'm on board with Rift Blade. If I had one criticism for Void Portal, it would be that it's a bit too reminiscent of Volt's Electric Shield. It's also a bit redundant after my changes to Dilation, considering that both would specialize in reflecting enemy damage. I love the idea of Asteron being able to open void portals, but I think this might be the time to come up with another application for portals that distinguishes itself from the shields and teleports that are already in the game.

EDIT: I want to make it clear that although I've basically gone through and reworked the whole idea, I really liked what was laid out in the OP. I definitely mean no disrespect by my suggestions for reworks. I very seldom take interest in the user-submitted designs, but this is a frame that seems like it would fit well into the existing game. I would play this frame, and if any user-submitted frame were to get attention and possibly even development, I'd like it to be this one.

Edited by TheInfiniteDoom

░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀  ░░

░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█   ░░░░

░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀  ░░

░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░DE add this ░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░please!░░░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░░░░▀▀█████

Edited by TheSeannachaidh

Cool idea! I have my own idea for the ultimate:

Spacetime lag

Shasva make the time in the targeted area loop, causing the ennemies to repeat the same actions again and again.

-Enemies affected "rubberband", periodically teleporting where they were when the power was cast. If enemies have different states (like sargas ruk open/close, or chanelled ability), the state they are in is reset too. Don't cast it on a casting boss because the ability will be cast again every loop...

-Enemies keep firing, but with decreased precision as they fire where the tennos no longer stand. Best way to do this is to make player "cast" an equivalent of saryn's molt, but invulnerable, lasting for the duration of Spacetime lag and only visible for affected ennemies (and maybe tennos so they know to stay out of the way).

-Damage applied to affected enemies is applied again at the beginning of each loop.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel

Hello! I've been seeing a lot about Chronolock here, and as a frequent user of the Penta, I'm puzzled about its applications followed by Nova's Antimatter drop. If projectiles are stopped in mid air, how would the frozen Penta projectile interact with the Antimatter drop as it makes contact with it (or vice versa)? Under normal circumstances the projectile would simply ricochet off like it would with any other surface. However, since all projectiles are held in fixed position, where would the projectile go after contact with the Drop?..

Anyway, I can see that Chronolock would be the ability that would make Asteron an amazing frame for defence and survival missions. I can't imagine the amount of damage you can deal in conjunction with Antimatter Drop, if hindering enemy fire was not good enough. Its an amazing idea.

Yes, this is my first post. Yes, I started posting because of this thread.

@ Demon Mask: Strength mods would increase its damage, that's a given. Unless I am wrong about the 50m ability range cap, the no, Range mods will not increase the projectile's travel range.

@ COOKINGPAPA: Allied attacks, as well those of Asteron himself, would be unaffected by Chronolock, just like they are for Dilation Field.

Cool ideas here.

Chronolock and Dilation Field feel very similar though, with a range-boost mod, the field alone would do the same as the directional 'lock?

Thankyou Skree. Good to see DE take an interest, and the feedback from my fellow Tenno has been excellent.

As far as Chronolock goes, I would be willing to have it become a single-target ability. This would remove the projectile-freeze aspect, but I believe it would still have usefulness if, for example, Asteron did not have enough power to use Dilation Field.

Dilation field should be an attack that slows enemies and damages them at the same time. Thats my opinion at least. Other than That I really like this concept. I hope the DE's will get a good idea from this

Good ideas here. I think that Dilation Field should follow Asteron, like World on Fire do with Ember. 

And I would like a more corpus-based design, with more squared corners, or something more like Volt or Frost. The latest warframes were too much cartilaginous, sometimes it reminds me of fish when looking at them. 

Timeshift was a game that explored the concept of time-dilation: 

http://bestgamewallpapers.com/files/timeshift/beta-suit.jpg

Edited by Wolfstorm18