Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Shasva Concept] Space-Time Warframe: Asteron

69amz

Dilation field should be an attack that slows enemies and damages them at the same time.

I would like to see an ability similar to frost's snowglobe where instead of not being able to shoot out of it, everything inside takes a huge amount of extra damage (and moves slower? and it makes Tenno move faster?).

I have made alterations to Asteron's powers based on community feedback and common-sense on my part. You should all check them out and see if the changes are good ones.

@ Wolfstorm18: Good find. That playable character in Timeshift has just the bodily-shape and helmet look that I think would be perfect for Asteron. Combined with visual elements from the artwork that Shotlockingkey did up for me (thanks mate), he would look freaking amazing!!

To Digital Extremes: It is always up to you what gets into the game of course. Having said that, I would ask that you consider the Asteron concept, as it seems to have been well received by the community here.

Me and a mate of mine (D00ms0ldier) have developed and refined the space-time warframe concept I came up with a while ago. Fellow Tenno, I would appreciate your feedback. And to DE, I would hope that you consider this one - it would be a great asset in game-play.

Asteron is a manipulator of the fabric of space and time. His powers can benefit his allies and cripple his enemies. 

EDIT:

* Alterations to all powers. This will depend on community/DE feedback - if the changes are not well-received, I will revert them.

Name: Asteron
Theme: Space-Time

Base Stats
* Health: 150 (225)
* Power: 100 (300)
* Shields: 75 (225)
* Armour: 70
* Sprint: 1.2
* Polarities: 4x =, 2x V
* Aura Polarity: -

Abilities
#1 - Rift Blade (Cost 25)
"Asteron hurls a blade-like projectile that passes through any solid matter, damaging enemies in its path."

- The projectile has infinite Punch Through, and travels 50m (the maximum range for abilities).
- Objects it will go through include but are not limited to: terrain, allied players, enemies, shields (Lancers, Volt's shield power).
- Loses speed as it travels through objects, but returns to normal speed when it hits open terrain again.
- Mod enhancement; Strength (damage), Efficiency (cost reduction)

#2 - Dilation (Cost 50)
"Asteron pushes his hands forward, slowing time in an area in front of him. Any enemies and projectile attacks are slowed down for a limited time."

- The faster something moves, the slower it will become during the effect.
- Since hitscan attacks move instantaneously, they will travel phenomenally slow during the effect.
- Enemy death animations will execute slower if an enemy is slain during the effect.
- Mod enhancement; Strength (effect of slow-time) Duration (increased slow-time), Efficiency (cost reduction)

#3 - Void Portal (Cost 75)
"Asteron opens a portal in front of himself, which sucks in nearby enemies and projectiles, soon after spitting them back out with great force.

- The portal will remain in effect until it absorbs enough objects to meet its capacity. t will then blast them back out in a cone-like area in front of itself, before dissipating. Only one portal can be generated per cast.
- The speed of the blast-back is very fast, but not hitscan.
- Mod enhancement; Strength (absorption capacity, damage of blast-back), Range (size of portal, absorption radius), Efficiency (cost reduction)

#4 - Stasis Field (Cost 100)
"Asteron stops time, causing all enemies to cease acting for a limited time."

- Projectiles, even hitscan, are frozen in time.
- Allied players are, of course, unaffected. This also includes Shadows of the Dead clones made by Nekros and Sentinels.
- Enemies that are slain while frozen do not "die" until the effect has expired.
- Mod enhancement; Range (size of field), Duration (field up-time), Efficiency (cost reduction)

You've just read my mind. I've always wanted a space-time Warframe, and I even posted a thread about it, asking people what different Warframes they want. I always have wanted a Time Caster to be exact, but your ideas are good, although I think you could change Stasis Field and Void Portal around. This kind of reminds me of Vauban though, and I think that you could have an ability (taking off Stasis Field) where you can stop and change the course of time backwards in like 4 seconds, so any damaged teammate will walk backwards to the place they came from like 20 or less seconds ago, including their original shield and health. You remain in an impenetrable orb while it is casting. This will also affect enemies except time will speed up for them, making them old and have less stats and damage. Any damage dealt to any teammate while this happens will be dealt back towards the damage caster with a small multiplier. This ability's casting time should be quick since it would then just be annoying to players.

what happens if you use #2 and #4 at the same time O_o.

I think if that was to happen, have the slowing range out range the stasis. That way the Stasis stops close-by enemies and enemies further away are slowed.

#2 and #4 seem redundant.

I think it'd be damn cool if #2 was changed to an active distortion field that moves with Asteron, acting like Ember's World on Fire. Single placements don't work well, as seen with Ember's Fireblast.

~ ~ ~

#4 would be fine if the above change was added, otherwise I think it'd be really unique if you could change it so that:

• Stasis field is still implemented like OP's suggestion. Enemies within range during the cast are stopped entirely for the duration.

• x / x / x / 10 enemies within range during cast are dimensionally obliterated and killed.

• New enemies that enter the field after the cast are temporarily removed from the map for the duration of the Skill. After the skill ends, those enemies will be dropped back into the field and will take 800 Damage

• Only x / x / x / 10 enemies may be held in an alternate dimension at once. Any new enemies that come into the field will instead be slowed down.

Reasons for the changes are because #4 is kind of boring on its own, acting much like Vauban's Bastille. I thought it would be cool if we could combine space and time into one skill to make it a stronger Bastille.

~ ~ ~

Otherwise a really cool concept.

what happens if you use #2 and #4 at the same time O_o.

A number of possibilities, which I don't mind leaving up to DE:

1) The effects will overlap. Once Chrono Field ends, if Dilation has not yet expired, then it will continue to have an effect.

2) One cannot be used while the other is in effect.

3) One will superseed the other. For example, casting Chrono Field will cancel Dilation, and vice-versa.

One of his abilities should involve wormholes. Such as creating wormholes in the barrels of enemies weapons in a radius around you with the other end of the wormholes being inches from their faces. Working as utility and damage as they essentially shoot themselves in the face point blank.

Okay, two things:

1) Holy crap, Rift Blade is an amazing ability! I would love and spam it everywhere!

2) Hitscan is a technique used to draw a tracer line that immediately points toward an impact point based on the vector calculated. Essentially, the moment you press the button, the bullet would have already hit your target; i.e: scanning for hits. No bullet is rendered into the 3D battlespace, as it's a simple mathematical function that determines where an intersection point is in the very next instant. Therefore, stopping something that technically doesn't even exist, the bullet in this case... just can't happen.

Basically, take off the whole "stopping hitscan", and I think we have one of the most beautifully crafted Warframe concepts in history. I genuinely hope something like this gets released.

Thanks to Kashiki for the clear up on how hitscan functions. I will make the alterations immediately.

EDIT; Hitscan attacks will suffer reduced accuracy from Dilation, and cease to exist when hitting Stasis Field.

Edited by ShasVa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...