Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Rushing Missions

Tharium

Hello there, I'll start off by saying that I'm new to the game and am really enjoying the game but sometimes I join groups where some more advanced people just ruin the fun for me. I'm talking about these people who have no desire to play as a team and just rush through everything so fast that I barely get to do anything because I'm always trying to catch up with them. I personaly view these sorts of players as very selfish so will they continue to be a porblem as I advance and do you think there is anything that could be done to help newer players like me who want to have fun with the game instead of mindlessly farming as quickly as possible?

I know exactly what you mean, because I myself am a speed runner. I know from a new player's perspective, that can be rather annoying, so I actually play solo or with my friends more often than not.

My advice would be to do what you're doing now, introducing yourself on the forums, and trying to find other new players to group with. A lot of us have been playing the game for a few months, and have seen everything there is to see; it's now a matter of efficiency.

I completely empathize with your situation, don't get me wrong; but the fact of the matter is that this game is a dungeon crawler, and once the new game allure has worn off, you have to find fun in your own way --whether that be speed runs, being a completionist, whatever it may be. For now, try to find like-minded players to experience the game with. =)

If it helps, as long as you don't get too far away from them, you get xp for their kills as well.

Also everyone gets credits when someone picks them up.

As for solving it theres not much you can do. Everything you can has been listed by people here already.

Sometimes I rush, sometimes I take it slow and explore.

If there is something you want to do, tell your squad, communicate. It takes effort from both sides.

If I rush and speed ahead, I'll go back for other players if they're behind. ..Depending on my mood.

Private mode.

/thread

-_-

Uh no, know issue has been know for some time. This is not some new issue and has been pointed as being a problem. DEs response has been to add Double Doors, stunlocks like crazy, the all mighty TPKing Neurvo (subsiquently put on hold in 7.3).

Private mode does not fix this issue... so go be stuffy someplace else.

-_-

Uh no, know issue has been know for some time. This is not some new issue and has been pointed as being a problem. DEs response has been to add Double Doors, stunlocks like crazy, the all mighty TPKing Neurvo (subsiquently put on hold in 7.3).

Private mode does not fix this issue... so go be stuffy someplace else.

I dun get it, what does a player trying to enjoy content slowly from rushing players have to do with what you just said.........? or do you randomly like to spout random stuff becuz u wanna be random?

Edited by --Sensei--

I dun get it, what does a player trying to enjoy content slowly from rushing players have to do with what you just said.........? or do you randomly like to spout random stuff becuz u wanna be random?

Wouldn't expect someone who /threads to get it. Know issues with speed running have been around for a while. DE has tried to respond to it. Toulouse attempts have not stopped it or really slowed it.

Or to put in words you'll understand....

You want to speed run? You play Private or Solo. Don't ruin the game for everyone else.

Wouldn't expect someone who /threads to get it. Know issues with speed running have been around for a while. DE has tried to respond to it. Toulouse attempts have not stopped it or really slowed it.

Or to put in words you'll understand....

You want to speed run? You play Private or Solo. Don't ruin the game for everyone else.

What if it's the host speed running hmm? and a newbie joins...?

Don't like it? leave the game, and make your own via private.

Understand that bro?

Edited by --Sensei--

Thanks for all the replies, it's nice to see that there are some friendly vets in this community who understand where I'm coming from, and thank you to you speed runners who keep it in private games. I've unfortunately never found asking public speed runners to slow down to have any effect, hell some even just laugh at it, but there isn't much you can do to combat online jerks. I don't personally know anyone else who plays this game yet so private games aren't really viable for now.

Maybe if they added some sort of filter to select your playstyle whether it be casual/exploring or speed running would help.

Yeah it happens now and then. I generally try to keep pace with the group's average speed, unless someone turns out to be "that one person who makes everyone at the elevator wait while they explore yet another room even after I waypoint the elevator switch twice".

Then I keep pace with the other two.

I normally do mission at a pace where new players can keep up with other times I rush. Though I would appreciate if newbies actually use the chat and say something like slow down, what do I do, where do I go or what is this. The fact of the matter is they say nothing and I don't know whether they want it rushed or regular place or explorer pace.

Advanced players will usually never rush a mission due to credits, resources, and mods... Sometimes it could happen rarely... but usually its a new player that rushes...

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like to explore I have found some "unique" item crafting that way

Advanced players will usually never rush a mission due to credits, resources, and mods... Sometimes it could happen rarely... but usually its a new player that rushes...

I come across a lot of newbies who rush through without even glancing at anything that isn't an enemy. They don't open lockers or bother to destroy the containers, or even pick up mods. Seriously! I've seen way too many newbs not pick up mods, even when they're marked with waypoints. What the what is what.

Probably because they're new and they don't know what is what, but...you'd think green glows, shiny things and orange circles would catch their attention.

Both sides are bad about rushing...

Edited by FatalX7

I personally think that players who make it to the finish before everyone else and are more than 2 rooms away from the rest of their team should have their payout removed and shouldn't get any bonus credit for the mission. It would discourage them to rush and help encourage teamwork.

Oddly enough, its just the opposite, which is crap.

I personally think that players who make it to the finish before everyone else and are more than 2 rooms away from the rest of their team should have their payout removed and shouldn't get any bonus credit for the mission. It would discourage them to rush and help encourage teamwork.

Oddly enough, its just the opposite, which is crap.

I was thinking of something that might have been able to deter leeching and afk squad members, which would be a bonus to EXP and Credits if you're at the extraction point. Maybe you even get an extra mod

I guess something similar could be done to deter rushing ahead. Maybe...when everyone is at the extraction, everyone gets a bonus to EXP/Credits or an extra mod.

I don't know, I only thought of this stuff on the fly. It should be something that is fair to any situation.

Just be patient, and keep yourself alive. Most of them can't handle the missions when other people are there and don't get away very often. Don't sprint to keep up, just move normally and know how to get around the rooms.

You'll get through missions and as they get harder you will find fewer and fewer rushers/racers because they just aren't good enough.