The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everyone Hates Rng

I did a LOT it was a fun game until I got bored of it like everyone else

Strange that, I could not get anything decent on any class I played in WoW.

Play a paladin get druid gear.

Play a Healing Druid, get feral gear.

I guess it is just the luck of the draw then.

mmo stands for massively multiplayer operated, that is what warframe is amongst a lot of other characteristics.

And that's why I specifically said maybe MMOs are based on RNG. Because there are games that aren't (many of which aren't because they're action games or arcade shooters or milsims or whatever).

I played a rogue twink a lvl 19 and kicked but and played my lvl 70 DK as well but it was fun

Strange that, I could not get anything decent on any class I played in WoW.

Play a paladin get druid gear.

Play a Healing Druid, get feral gear.

I guess it is just the luck of the draw then.

I played a rogue twink a lvl 19 and kicked but and played my lvl 70 DK as well but it was fun

That might be why, Raids are stupidly unlucky. 

Here is what happens in WoW:

You need gear to get better DPS.

Did the piece of gear you have wanted for months finally drop?

Well prepare to face the second RNG wall.

Oh that guy who can't play his class for crap, well he just got your item.

Oh well come back next week.

That was WoW in a nutshell for me.

Now I'm thinking about it, Warframes RNG is nothing like WoWs, that RNG actually made me quit the game.

Edited by Rathie

I don't mind RNG it's just a pain when you want X and all you're getting is Y. What DE should do is have guaranteed drops like thay have been doing. Bosses always drop a part but you need three so there's a 33% chance of getting the last part you need each time instead of the chance of a drop multiplied by the 33% chance of drop via the old system. They should have the G3 have a 100% chance of at least one of them dropping a part similar to Harvester. I can understand why people are frustrated about it because of the chance of them even spawning is pretty low. What they should do is at least guarantee them coming after you after a certain amount of missions as well as allowing the trading of parts. Trading the parts fixed the Void to an extent and would benefit the Detron and Brakk fans.

Without rng everyone would have everything within a week from starting this game

+What is actually affected by rng in this game?

-frame bps

-very small select of weapon bps

-resources

-and mods

Resources are hardly an issue except when it comes to orokin cells but those can easily be obtained if you run an oda, so imo not affected much by the rng system now

Frame bps are also very easy to obtain since u can run an instance non stop and almost always get ur bps for a frame within a day (excluding nekros if u only stock up on 1 key at a time). So not that much of an issue either

There is such a small amount of weapons obtained through rng that u can play the game fine without ever getting them when u do congrats they are some of the best in the game so yes I think it should be hard to obtain them through the rng system

And mods, there is so many of them that you will most likely obtain many of the ones needed for your frame, sent, or weapons just by progressing through missions,invasions, towers, and od's without ever actually making an attempt to farm them. Yes other are extremely rare due to rng not popping them up often but the game is still playable without them and if they were so common everyone's weapons and frames would be op shortly after starting this game

Rng could use a slight tweak to improve it but overall i don't think it should be removed or replaced with a token system

That might be why, Raids are stupidly unlucky. 

You need gear to get better DPS.

Did the piece of gear you have wanted for months finally drop?

Well prepare to face the second RNG wall.

Oh that guy who can't play his class for crap, well he just got your item.

Oh well come back next week.

That was WoW in a nutshell for me.

Now I'm thinking about it, Warframes RNG is nothing like WoWs, that RNG actually made me quit the game.

all true points but at least you could trade for it. and in my experience Warframes RNG is worse than WoWs besides you can still get it in the market place in stormwind or anywhere lol

RNG and CRASHING is the biggest issue with this game.
Wanna know something funny, there were litterally NO crashes back in CLOSED BETA. This game has improved since OP but its also had numerous crashing and server issues. RNG is just one of the problems.

I don't mind RNG it's just a pain when you want X and all you're getting is Y. What DE should do is have guaranteed drops like thay have been doing. Bosses always drop a part but you need three so there's a 33% chance of getting the last part you need each time instead of the chance of a drop multiplied by the 33% chance of drop via the old system. They should have the G3 have a 100% chance of at least one of them dropping a part similar to Harvester. I can understand why people are frustrated about it because of the chance of them even spawning is pretty low. What they should do is at least guarantee them coming after you after a certain amount of missions as well as allowing the trading of parts. Trading the parts fixed the Void to an extent and would benefit the Detron and Brakk fans.

What drops are guaranteed? Stalker used to drop Slash Dash all the time, everytime. Don't even get that anymore.

there is nothing inherently wrong with using Randomizers. 

simple basic boundaries to keep the 'bad' ends from getting out of hand is all you need to keep Randomized aspects of a Video Game from having outlier experiences that go horribly wrong.

for example.

every time you get a reward during a mission or between recurrent missions (within a reasonable time period of course), the reward you get becomes a little less common. 

and you can do the same for randomized events like these Bosses. every mission that does not result in them spawning, slightly increase the chance for the next one within a period of time. 

basic boundaries like this keeps 200 missions from happening, but still lets that three mission happening still make players feel awesome. 

nothing else is needed. having the entire game be a progress bar turns it into... ehhh. the entire game would be composed of watching a bar fill.

edit:

but, the absolute worst 'fixes' is a guaranteed 'drop' 'aqquirement' or 'spawn' after a certain number of missions. 

and adding trading to everything fixes absolutely nothing, instead it further devalues everything in the game. it never ceases to amaze me that players complain there's nothing for them to do, and when something is added to the game for them to do, they complain they can't get it fast enough.

Edited by taiiat

all true points but at least you could trade for it. and in my experience Warframes RNG is worse than WoWs besides you can still get it in the market place in stormwind or anywhere lol

I'm guessing the same can be said for warframe with the new trading system. The only difference is that this is real money.

Either way, I hope that they lower/change the RNG in warframe as others have said it is a pain to get certain things.

But then again it does add extra hours of gameplay instead of instantly getting what you want.

yes but every time Vay Hek or Alad V sends you a message saying:

"Blah blah blah has been ordered" shouldn't they already be in the next mission you're about to do like a real assassin would do since that's what they technically are and try and kill you

I'm guessing the same can be said for warframe with the new trading system. The only difference is that this is real money.

Either way, I hope that they lower/change the RNG in warframe as others have said it is a pain to get certain things.

But then again it does add extra hours of gameplay instead of instantly getting what you want.

yes but in WoW you can trade EVERYTHING you for what you need in this game it's limited to many things

The forum that whines "OP" every time something comes out?  it's either  "useless mastery rank trash"  or  "OP" 

and DE listens to these crybabys, and I can't really care any more;  it's sad, but it's to the point where DE is always going to listen to the ones that $#*(@ teh loudest and we get ignored.  90% of all games are about starting with sh!t and getting better over time, that's one of the reasons single player is ALWAYS going to be better and any "free to play or MMO, there everyone want to be the same even if they just started, they see someone who has the best gear after grinding 100"s of hours and want it right now and if they can't get it, they cry "OP"

I'm telling you right now, when Focus is out and rank 10 -15+ players are 10X more powerful them they are right now, the forums are going ot explode and  there are  going to ge "op and nerf" thread EVERYWHERE.

and then I'm going to leave and go back to great games like mark of the ninja, Dark souls 2 or any other game where  you actually feel like your getting better and never have to worry about a nerf again.

This is why forums are almost allways toxic,  you have the people that go throught the grind -  like us- and then you get the new people that see you killing everything and they go the forums and cry "OP"  then DE nerfs is all so things can be "fair" and they just killed all the time and good will the long time players put in; so they leave.

If you don't believe me, the last weapon they put out, with in a minute or two  there was an "OP and please nerf /  why is this better then things before it " thread <_<

and I'm just sick of it.

Melee 2.0 is going to come out after a ton of extra time being put in tto it so everything is better, but the first thing that's going to happen is "OMG MELEE IS TOOOOOOO STRONG  OPOPOPOPOPOPO NERF!   OMG LOKI AND ASH BREAK MELEE THEY ARE TOO POWERFUL NOW!@@#^@)*#&^"

You guys know it most of you people are like this.

Edited by Dyingsin80