Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Stalker Is Too Weak Now

.Talia.

I kill him with 1 Detron shot. Yes that's right, 1 single shot...

He is supposed to be this dark mysterious entity, Tennos are supposed to fear him.

I feel like you nerfed him because of the whine of the n00bs, but now you turned the Stalker into a n00b.

He should be scaled according to the Conclave rating of the player he is hunting, or something like that...

Edited by RexSol

In fact he is so weak that when he finishes dragging his sorry &#! into my mission, I've already extracted. Haven't seen him in months. I'm about to ask for a "hunt the Stalker" feature.

He will appear with no deathmark now?  I must have bad bad luck, have yet to see him since the contest started. 

Yeah, me and my 3 friends in my squad didn't have any deathmarks, yet we got him 3 times today.

Edited by Casardis

Guys, there's a contest about taking a picture with the Stalker. I think that's why they made him weak, and appear even if you don't have a Stalker deathmark.

He became super-easy to kill long before it

What he needed before was a nerf in damage, not defense. Defense is what actually makes the fight last and possibly dynamic. The problem was him instagibbing people. Now he's just... he can't even attack once when I'm around in a mission. 

Exactly. DE please read this ^^ and fix Stalker. He gets killed on spawn by pretty much anything. Make him do less damage and receive less damage for the fight to actually last, make him immune  until he gets up to prevent spawn-killing.

He became super-easy to kill long before it

How long was "long before it" though? He was still able to reach the "Absorb phase" not even a month ago. Now a single Rhino stomp will OHKO him. Hell, a potato-ed but not maxed Akstiletto took him down without even emptying my clip. Also, during Gradivus Dilemma, he was hell of powerful to the point that he was broken (after doing Absorb, he became invincible).

Stalker was always pretty "easy to kill" as long as you know how to deal with his attacks, such as his previously-insane bleeding damage with Dread. However, right now he's a joke and I was sure this was done for the competition.

Of course correct me if I'm wrong, and let me know how "long before it" is. And don't get me wrong, I agree with a buff to make him last longer while not giving him OHKOs like his previous Dread bleeding damage.

Edited by Casardis

Shameless self-quote from another thread, regarding player scaling.

Go in with your best stuff, and you beat the strongest enemy in the game in less than two seconds, before they're able to land more than a single hit on you. Bring in a weapon that isn't level 30 and potato'd, and that same enemy is suddenly mathematically impossible to defeat.

Back when I was a newbie, I was once able to glitch the Stalker to stand in the same spot and not move. Using a Rank 10-ish Latron, I sandbagged headshots for a full three minutes before the Stalker vanished. Just yesterday, when Stalker spawned for one of my teammates in a random void run, I shot him three times with my Brakk, and he (who had been buffed multiple times since the Latron incident) simply flew a couple meters forward, ragdolled. Not even the exit sequence; he was dead just like that.

I enjoyed neither fight.

Crap like this has really been bothering me about the game lately. The game in its current state is way too stat-based for a shooter.

How long was "long before it" though? He was still able to reach the "Absorb phase" not even a month ago. Now a single Rhino stomp will OHKO him. Hell, a potato-ed but not maxed Akstiletto took him down without even emptying my clip. Also, during Gradivus Dilemma, he was hell of powerful to the point that he was broken (after doing Absorb, he became invincible).

Stalker was always pretty "easy to kill" as long as you know how to deal with his attacks, such as his previously-insane bleeding damage with Dread. However, right now he's a joke and I was sure this was done for the competition.

Of course correct me if I'm wrong, and let me know how "long before it" is. And don't get me wrong, I agree with a buff to make him last longer while not giving him OHKOs like his previous Dread bleeding damage.

As far as my experience ~month ago (+/- week... you dont see him too often) and ever since then he was getting killed in 1-2 seconds, I never notice his level, but before that he was damn tanky. He still hist hard if you let him. 

Shameless self-quote from another thread, regarding player scaling.

Absolutely. This is what I've been saying for a while as well. The endless threads of "X is too easy" and "Y is too hard" will never end until this game becomes less stat-based. It's not just a problem with the Stalker, it's a much deeper issue affecting pretty much EVERY enemy, weapon, and Warframe.

yesterday he felled on us, he was basically one shot by the closest of us... He droped despair, but he was really really disapointing, I didn't konw he was nerfed so badly since my last encounter with him. It's not even funny...

Absolutely. This is what I've been saying for a while as well. The endless threads of "X is too easy" and "Y is too hard" will never end until this game becomes less stat-based. It's not just a problem with the Stalker, it's a much deeper issue affecting pretty much EVERY enemy, weapon, and Warframe.

I do agree with the point that balancing threads will never cease to exist. But with Warframe being a game with gear-training and level-progressing, it's not easy getting away from stats and have people find out that the Soma they worked so hard to get is just as "bad" as their Mk-1 Braton. 

Personally I'd say the Stalker needs to have mandatory show time ie. Stalker will continue to exist for a certain amount of time even with no health so it cannot be one shotted and disposed of like another mob with just a bit more HP. On top of that I would suggest that the stalker gets as its HP depletes. For example you would have him quite weak from full health to about half health, then get stronger/use more abilities from there on, getting to really tough on his last bit of HP and finally going totally berserk at 0 (during the mandatory stay time). There's plenty of ways to exploit this kind of system but at least it will give everyone something that fits them.