Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My New Favourite Weapon (Boltor)

BluberryKnoob

Is the boltor. I have chucked a maxed speed trigger on it, a maxed wildfire, a med-level serration, maxed cryo rounds and maxed shred on it, 100% crit chance mod (forget the name), a rifle aptitude and vital sense. Now it is just soooo much fun against corpus, grineer or infested. Due to the punch through, it can demolish entire waves of enemies very quickly!

Edit: I have potatoed it.

Edited by BluberryKnoob

Yeah, the boltor is awesome. Though you'll get more out of it if you replace the crit chance, crit damage, and status chance mods, as none of those base stats are high enough to get any benefit from modding (especially since rifle aptitude is only 10%)

Edited by rapt0rman

i recommend you try it then :)

(potato for best results)

well, potato AND forma for best results, something like this:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boltor/t_30_22220330_132-2-5-134-3-5-137-0-10-138-5-5-141-6-5-149-7-5-150-1-10-163-4-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-134-6-163-9-138-6-141-6-149-9/en/2-0-1

I haven't done that with my boltor though, I'm saving my effort for when boltor prime comes out someday.

Edited by rapt0rman

My first crafted rifle :')

Too bad it's vastly overpowered by other stronger weapon :(

But it's a nice weapons and I love to "coloring" walls with corpses

And the only thing I cudn't accept from boltor is why the hell it has default defensive polarity slot???

cyro rounds and rifle apt is not worth to be halved >.<

My first crafted rifle :')

Too bad it's vastly overpowered by other stronger weapon :(

But it's a nice weapons and I love to "coloring" walls with corpses

And the only thing I cudn't accept from boltor is why the hell it has default defensive polarity slot???

cyro rounds and rifle apt is not worth to be halved >.<

The polarity is a relic from back in damage 1.0 when the slow effect from cryo rounds was applied on every hit, it made hitting moving targets with projectile based weapons much easier.

Is the boltor. I have chucked a maxed speed trigger on it, a maxed wildfire, a med-level serration, maxed cryo rounds and maxed shred on it, 100% crit chance mod (forget the name), a rifle aptitude and vital sense. Now it is just soooo much fun against corpus, grineer or infested. Due to the punch through, it can demolish entire waves of enemies very quickly!

Edit: I have potatoed it.

Crit chance mod (Point strike) and Vital sense on Boltor seem wrong.

well, potato AND forma for best results, something like this:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Boltor/t_30_22220330_132-2-5-134-3-5-137-0-10-138-5-5-141-6-5-149-7-5-150-1-10-163-4-3_137-7-150-8-132-8-134-6-163-9-138-6-141-6-149-9/en/2-0-1

I haven't done that with my boltor though, I'm saving my effort for when boltor prime comes out someday.

Nice build, very close to mine, will try it out, but... see below

.. Boltor best used with nonelemental mod setup

Pretty much.

Thread title edited for clarity and moved to the proper section.

Man, you guys are a bizzy bunch!

Love my Boltor.

shame that I have to use a grineer weapoon, Karak, to go against corpus.

I like the idea of, using Tenno weapons, no other faction weapons,

after all, I am tenno....

I guess I will have to wait....

soma

-snip-

Boltor is definitely not best used with a non-elemental setup (actually, not a single weapon in this game is best used with a non-elemental setup) , the issue that Kartumaterek was referring to was from early beta and has long since been fixed.

Edited by rapt0rman

Boltor and Magnus are my go-to sidearms. I take them with me when I need reliable damage on just about any enemy, especially if I'm using a new/S#&amp;&#036;ty main wep.

Although, the Marelok is picking up speed, too...

Boltor and Magnus are my go-to sidearms. I take them with me when I need reliable damage on just about any enemy, especially if I'm using a new/S#&$ty main wep.

Although, the Marelok is picking up speed, too...

You're thinking of the bolto.

Man, I just can't leave this thread alone >.<

wait does boltor have built in punch through? If so...my faith in WF has just been restored (for another 24h) :P

It doesn't have punch-through but it does send corpses flying so as you kill a group the front enemies don't become human shields. Because of this I don't think punch-through mods are necessary for dealing with crowds and you can use more elemental mods.