Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Interesting Way For De To Make Money?

Nagaasus

I know how many of you feel about in-game adds.... But hear me out.

In game advertisements,or launcher ads can be an annoyance... But what if we are rewarded for viewing them?

My interesting idea for DE to make profit, and for us to earn credits/exp (like login rewards) could be to have an "Advertisement of the day" button. Allowing players to see and interact with the add(should it be for a game, a video, whatever) to earn a second login reward. The button could be small and voluntary and near the keys/loadout/codex button. Just an idea. All feedback welcome.

Like in those beyond S#&$ty F2P Mobile games?

Watch a video, get Premium currency.

No.

Ads are one of the worst things ever, They are intrusive as all hell and slow down stuff because you have to load unnecessary nonsense.

If DE wants to do Ingame ads, I hope they do it in a way that isn't going to Interfere with the game.

Hell, no. You can barely spend 15 seconds in this world without being exposed to some kind of advertising. It's crept in to absolutely everything and has become practically unavoidable. Why anyone would suggest it or desire more of it is absolutely baffling to me. And I find the whole idea of "watch an ad - get a token gift" to be completely repulsive.

Edited by (PS4)MatangoMushrooms

Hell, no. You can barely spend 15 seconds in this world without being exposed to some kind of advertising. It's crept in to absolutely everything and has become practically unavoidable. Why anyone would suggest it or desire more of it is absolutely baffling to me.

And here's your reason:

I know how many of you feel about in-game adds.... But hear me out.

In game advertisements,or launcher ads can be an annoyance... But what if we are rewarded for viewing them?

And I would love two login rewards each day.

The only time in-game advertising should be allowed, in my opinion, is when someone is trying to add a sense of realism to their world through the inclusion of real-world places (i.e. a McDonalds on a street corner). This, however and obviously, does not apply to Warframe.

Curse you, Morec0! (Joking.) I thought your post was a double post, so I deleted mine to get rid of the duplicate. Then I realized that only the amount of text was similar.

I'd be okay with them adding an "Earn Platinum" button to the Warframe website that allows people to fill out surveys and watch videos or whatnot for piddling amounts of platinum. It'd be out of the way, and the ads would never be seen by anyone who didn't want to see them. I don't want them touching the game launcher or in-game UI, though.

Curse you, Morec0! (Joking.) I thought your post was a double post, so I deleted mine to get rid of the duplicate. Then I realized that only the amount of text was similar.

I'd be okay with them adding an "Earn Platinum" button to the Warframe website that allows people to fill out surveys and watch videos or whatnot for piddling amounts of platinum. It'd be out of the way, and the ads would never be seen by anyone who didn't want to see them. I don't want them touching the game launcher or in-game UI, though.

Join the Light Side! We have contrast, and therefore a better look, with the Nekros Warframe.

Like in those beyond S#&$ty F2P Mobile games?

Watch a video, get Premium currency.

No.

Ads are one of the worst things ever, They are intrusive as all hell and slow down stuff because you have to load unnecessary nonsense.

If DE wants to do Ingame ads, I hope they do it in a way that isn't going to Interfere with the game.

Sums it up.

The idea is wretched, IMO. Willingly expose yourself to more advertising than you are already subjected to on a daily basis in exchange for token gifts.

An ad about dish soap isn't going to instantaneously turn me into a zombie, nor will it have any deep, psychological impact on my psyche. If I don't want to watch an ad, I don't have to because:

The button [to activate an ad] could be small and voluntary and near the keys/loadout/codex button. Just an idea. All feedback welcome.

Which is great, since it would be non-disruptive, optional, and one must only endure 15-30 seconds of whatever product it is for that day to get a little reward.

Also, it means that you, who obviously hate advertising very deeply, would not have to be subjected to it since it is, again, optional.

The best option is to give ad skins in the game. Excalibur gets Coca Cola skin, Loki gets Google one, Mag gets Facebook, Rhino gets Honda etc ( you cannot change colors or skins if you dont buy one from the Market ). Win-Win situation for DE.

/sarcasm

The idea is wretched, IMO. Willingly expose yourself to more advertising than you are already subjected to on a daily basis in exchange for token gifts.

as per the OP's suggestion: you don't have to watch it if you dont want to, but those who do get an extra login reward (or whatever DE would want to give us).

besides, you are correct, advertisement has become a part of our culture, it's so common these days that sometimes you forget your looking at something designed to sell you something (but we all know thats the only reason the things exist.) 

i don't see advertisement as such a bad thing, as long as it's optional to look at :)