Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

Agreed. It would be nice if warframe wins, because, well... then hellz ya we won. But I've played mabinogi and other nexon games like vindictus, as well as path of exile. All of them have fairly small communities and if they win this, it's huge advertising for them.

Compare that to the 7.5ish million registered Warframe accounts, some of which, obviously, aren't playing anymore, but if even 1/7 of them are still playing that's a million players compared to the < 100k left in most nexon games. (Pulled that number somewhat out of my &amp;#&#33;, but it's also based on my experience of mabi and vindi).

DE doesn't need to win this in any way. For all the forum rage, the game is growing rapidly rather than shedding players. DE could take the same path as League or Dota and not even bother and it would be whatever. So I understand where Nexon is coming from. They're trying to stop the rest of their games being shut down like Dungeon Fighter Online was last year.

At the same time, though, screw nexon, let's win. But let's win fair. Go forth to the region chat my fellow forums tenno. Find those who have not voted and peer pressure them all the way to the polls.

7 million worldwide

Do you know how many Mabi and maple have worldwide....

Im only saying that airmech gave their players whatever youd want to call it for votes to warframe

Whether warframe wanted it or not it happened

And because of it we were a bit behind

Without that Mabi would have been in the lead

Now we could take the loss or do something about it

And so we acted by calling support

I dont like the way it was done or that it was done period but it happened

Your argument is the equivalent to saying that because I push you gently in the back, you can turn around and shoot me in the face with a gun. 

One small community of a couple thousand being offered a silly cosmetic item that has no in game value vs tens of thousands being offered a hoard of items and perks that would cost them a chunk of real world money otherwise.  Yeah, totally justified.  Those are obviously equivalent.

Im only saying that airmech gave their players whatever youd want to call it for votes to warframe

Whether warframe wanted it or not it happened

And because of it we were a bit behind

And so we acted by calling support

See the bold in your quote.  THAT is where your community truly lost any ethical standing.  Your community acted to request aid in the polls. Airmech acted to benefit warframe on its own because THEY LIKE the game (or dislike mabinogi).

The warframe community did not request such aid, it was freely given and without consent.  The fact that DE thanked Airmech after they went ahead and pledged support is a non-issue (and also, seriously what canadian wouldn't say thank you).

When you (Mabinogi) decided to actively seek out help because you couldn't obviously stomach the fact that Warframe has other communities willing to support it,  you went down an unethical road.

Now if RO, or Perfect World, or any of the other ones decided to support you,  I'd be all for it.  If the support was genuinely because they thought your game was a better product, or that they enjoyed it more, then they should vote. If their developers decide to sweet the deal for their own player bases, that's fine too.  

Where you went ethically astray is when you leveraged the fact that your parent company can unilaterally decide that it will offer incentives to all of its games to rig the poll.  This would be the same dilemma if SOE decided to use the same tactic for their Everquest Next game by offering the players of all of its IPs some sort of incentive for voting.  It is simply wrong.

Let's just stop trying to get other communities to vote for us, that's just silly. We can do our best, if we win, great! If we don't, hey we have U13!

That stopped a whle ago with that forumer from here whos name started with an S

Iwanted to find common ground with him

Quite a few pages before the support

Also

I wasnt liking the talk of nexon has to bribe mabi players to vote for their own game

Its a backwards statement and they know it

No one was saying that Nexon needed to bribe Mabi players to vote for their own game, you misunderstood. Even the forumer with "S" name was starting to get aggravated at your misunderstanding. 

Well crap. Now a guy on the War Thunder forum is trying to get votes for our opponent, right after I made my attempt to get votes for us.

You shouldn't have done that!

We are Tenno. We stand alone.

Tenno honor.

Do not stoop down to their level.

We are Tenno, we are one.

Your argument is the equivalent to saying that because I push you gently in the back, you can turn around and shoot me in the face with a gun. 

One small community of a couple thousand being offered a silly cosmetic item that has no in game value vs tens of thousands being offered a hoard of items and perks that would cost them a chunk of real world money otherwise.  Yeah, totally justified.  Those are obviously equivalent.

See the bold in your quote.  THAT is where your community truly lost any ethical standing.  Your community acted to request aid in the polls. Airmech acted to benefit warframe on its own because THEY LIKE the game (or dislike mabinogi).

The warframe community did not request such aid, it was freely given and without consent.  The fact that DE thanked Airmech after they went ahead and pledged support is a non-issue (and also, seriously what canadian wouldn't say thank you).

When you (Mabinogi) decided to actively seek out help because you couldn't obviously stomach the fact that Warframe has other communities willing to support it,  you went down an unethical road.

Now if RO, or Perfect World, or any of the other ones decided to support you,  I'd be all for it.  If the support was genuinely because they thought your game was a better product, or that they enjoyed it more, then they should vote. If their developers decide to sweet the deal for their own player bases, that's fine too.  

Where you went ethically astray is when you leveraged the fact that your parent company can unilaterally decide that it will offer incentives to all of its games to rig the poll.  This would be the same dilemma if SOE decided to use the same tactic for their Everquest Next game by offering the players of all of its IPs some sort of incentive for voting.  It is simply wrong.

Again

I dont like it either

But if airmech hadnt gotten involved this wouldnt have happened

Mabi brought its full force to stop Airmechs intrusion from the side

This sums up this whole thing quite well.

Let's just stop trying to get other communities to vote for us, that's just silly. We can do our best, if we win, great! If we don't, hey we have U13!

No one was saying that Nexon needed to bribe Mabi players to vote for their own game, you misunderstood. Even the forumer with "S" name was starting to get aggravated at your misunderstanding. 

I have seen more than enough posts here and on our forums to tell you ive seen the words "nexon has to bribe" in that order enought oi say that many many MANY people were saying it

Nexon, a big company bribing their players in several different games to vote against a game still in beta run by an indie company. Just proves that they've stooped so low.  xD

I voted - WE NEED MORE VOTERS.... I swear if we gotta play dirty...

Nuuu

We can't get to their level.  D:

So, from what I understand, Nexon is accusing us of bribing other games and our players? With what? I haven't seen any posts from DE staff detailing what we'd get if we win.

This is exactly the problem. Makes me glad I left the flabby folds of nexon when they removed Dungeon Fighter. The only good game they published...Ever.

Edited by CrimsonMOON

So, from what I understand, Nexon is accusing us of bribing other games and our players? With what? I haven't seen any posts from DE staff detailing what we'd get if we win.

No

Alot of dumb players are and ive been doing my best to correct them in that ever growing thread we have

This type of comment is what starts flame wars

I think, don't quote me (well you probably will quote my post but w/e) they are referencing to AirMech, and comments made on Twitter about the support being Ok. AirMech is giving an incentive to vote, Warframe Twitter Rep said cool, keep it coming, therefore Warframe is supporting incentives.