The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

Whatever...we won and that's all the only thing matters here

They lose and nothing could change it either

Beside...they already lost from the start anyway...

They actually unable to won if not because other games helping vote for them :/

So actually they couldn't won by themself...

Kinda funny looking their text on every forum of other games asking for votes...

And through out this all, here's my opinion (probably doesn't matter since the competition is over):

"I chose not to vote, as both games provide different benefits, even when looking at the surface:

Vindictus and Warframe are PvE games that don't currently care about PvP. With that being said, the former is more medieval, and the latter is more sci-fi. Warframe provides better service and far better RNG, but Vindictus provides more satisfactory combat and a more balanced learning curve."

Going against Neverwinter - these games have nothing in common. Silly contest is silly. I'd prefer Warframe just ignored it, but if it gets their name out there, I guess that's worth it. It just has nearly nothing in common with other MMOs (because...it's not an MMO...). 

Going against Neverwinter - these games have nothing in common. Silly contest is silly. I'd prefer Warframe just ignored it, but if it gets their name out there, I guess that's worth it. It just has nearly nothing in common with other MMOs (because...it's not an MMO...). 

Because the 'tournament' is for Free 2 Play games, not specifically MMOs... so yes, it has in common of being a F2P title like the other games in the contest.

Because the 'tournament' is for Free 2 Play games, not specifically MMOs... so yes, it has in common of being a F2P title like the other games in the contest.

That's a bit sad. I can't compare Warframe to Neverwinter, it's like comparing Robocop to Lord of the Rings - illogical.

That's a bit sad. I can't compare Warframe to Neverwinter, it's like comparing Robocop to Lord of the Rings - illogical.

Comparing Neverwinter and Warframe as Free 2 Play titles is logical.

Comparing Neverwinter and Warframe as "MMORPGs" is illogical since one is a "Multiplayer Cooperative Sci-fi Third Person Action Shooter" and the other is an "MMORPG with medieval action combat".

Comparing Robocop and Lord of the Rings as movies is logical.

Comparing Robocop and Lord of the Rings as "medieval fantasy adventures" movies is illogical since one is an "Action Flic" while the other is a "Fantasy Adventure"

---

They're not comparing the games as MMORPGs, they're being compared on their value and worth as games that doesn't require you to pay anything in order to play it.

Edited by Wiegraf

DE should have advertised or at least asked us to go and vote for them.  Maybe they did but it doesn't matter at the moment.  What matters is voting for WARFRAME!!!!!!

http://www.mmobomb.com/ultimate-f2p-showdown

Go to that site and support your game. All support is needed. Please go to mmobomb and vote for Warframe in the Wizard Division.  Next match is Warframe verse Neverwinter.  Make them eat dust.

Nexon is asking their players to go and vote for them and offering their players rewards in game if they win the tournament for Mabinogi.  We can't let them win!  As for League of Legends, give it your best shot? XD

MMO = mass-multiplayer online

How is it logically not?

Don't mix up personal standards with facts.

Edit: Can't vote until the 24th anyways @ OP

But doesn't the "massively" in "massively multiplayer online" imply that most of the game is in areas with massive amounts of players? At this point, the closest things we have to that are dojos.

BracketWizard-page0011.jpeg

relevant image is relevant

There's 4 divisions by the way, this is just one of them.

From the mmobomb website:

The winners of each division will face off to determine, once and for all, what is the best F2P game – or at least which game has the most rabid fans!

Schedule:
M 2/24: Warrior Division, Round 1
W 2/26: Cleric Division, Round 1
F 2/28: Rogue Division, Round 1
M 3/3: Wizard Division, Round 1

W 3/5: Warrior Division, Round 2
F 3/7: Cleric Division, Round 2
M 3/10: Rogue Division, Round 2
W 3/12: Wizard Division, Round 2

F 3/14: Warrior Division, Semi-Finals
M 3/17: Cleric Division, Semi-Finals
F 3/21: Rogue Division, Semi-Finals
M 3/24: Wizard Division, Semi-Finals

F 3/28: Warrior & Cleric Divisions, Finals
M 3/31: Rogue & Wizard Divisions, Finals

F 4/4: Warrior vs. Cleric Division winners, Rogue vs. Wizard Division winners
M 4/7: The Final Match-up!

Vote early, vote often, but whatever you do, just vote!

We STILL aren't an MMO, why are we in it?

After having read through the comments on that page (the one in the link) I have learned to just ignore the flagrant misuse of the term 'mmo'. People seem to think that MMO refers to any online game featuring more than one player and/or that has a large playerbase. They don't understand that the first M stands for 'massively' not 'massive' and that this slight difference means quite a lot.

MMO = mass-multiplayer online

How is it logically not?

Don't mix up personal standards with facts.

Edit: Can't vote until the 24th anyways @ OP

Voting starts in the next few hours for Neverwinter vs Warframe. 

Wait, Warframe won that? Last time I checked it (which was a long time ago), Vindictus was in the lead like 78%/22%!

From what I understand, the developers of Vindictus has spread the word sooner than DE had (which was like at the last second).  People who don't frequent slums like mmobomb, myself included, would have had no way of knowing without the community of General Discussion shining light on it themselves.  Their actions allowed Warframe to come back and claim victory.

Seems a similar situation is happening this time.

Edited by Katakuna

From what I understand, the developers of Vindictus has spread the word sooner than DE had (which was like at the last second).  People who don't frequent slums like mmobomb, myself included, would have had no way of knowing without the community of General Discussion shining light on it themselves.  Their actions allowed Warframe to come back and claim victory.

Seems a similar situation is happening this time.

Normally I'd say the Devs should jump at this and advertise for it... but I don't really see the point (don't get me wrong, I am going to vote). What would winning this really do for Warframe? Boost our player base by a few hundred momentarily?