Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Showdown Megathread (Vote For Warframe!)

Blueklinky

So that means we're facing Neverwinter in the next round.

Hm, of my impressions of Neverwinter and Loadout (having never played either) I would have said Loadout was better, but clearly the vote disagrees.

the total vote for them both is around 2000 votes .. so .. 

omfg I can't believe this XDDDD

Why is this making me so happy?

You aren't alone. I found this hilarious combined with the comments about Moon Clans. 

I just imagined a swarm of warriors arriving, going crazy and giving aid.

Haha. 

What a comeback and what a slap in the face of deceitful tactics by some Vindictus players. Actually shows how many people do not read all of the forums though as well hm.

Thanks red text. You brought justice back into the world. 

Only around 10% of people actually go to the forums :| that's why when redtext wrote it everyone rushed in here,that's at LEAST 1000 people.

So that means we're facing Neverwinter in the next round.

Hm, of my impressions of Neverwinter and Loadout (having never played either) I would have said Loadout was better, but clearly the vote disagrees.

Both are interesting but in the long run, I'd have personally chosen Neverwinter as well. Loadout is fun due to weaponcrafting and the gameplay being like a third person Quake with funny animations and characters.

However, while Neverwinter has set base content, it comes with an editor so people can create their own custom content which basically means infinite replayability. That and the company even has rewards for people playing the custom content on a daily basis and some of it can be quite good.

So while Loadout might be fun on the spot, it's the kind of game you play a few matches of and then move on while Neverwinter manages to always have something different to do, either in the form of a simple arena to kill monsters in or an elaborate quest from the main campaign or the custom content. Depends on the feel of the moment since one is a shooter and the other is an action RPG.

If it were NeverWinter Nights that would be a whole new ball game, and not 2... 2 was awful, and unwieldy...

I still play that one; NWN2's engine just was quirky as hell and playing it felt clunky. While the server list has been put down, there's still plenty of persistent worlds running.

It's pretty unique only because they're often character driven world with DMs to spice things up. Hell, I haven't found another game yet that has actualy "Roleplay" as an actual mandatory option. RP servers in MMOs tend to be ridiculous... Neverwinter Nights made it right. It actually was more like playing PnP with people with the mechanics left to the engine to manage while you could concentrate on your actual RP.

Wish there was another game with that kind of capacity being made but since now it's more about DLC and stuff like that and UGC is pretty much put aside for the cash grabs instead, I think it'll take either a very competent indie dev with the similar vision of what NWN's MP was or for Bioware to actually revive the franchise properly (the former is much more likely than the latter though)

Edited by Wiegraf

You aren't alone. I found this hilarious combined with the comments about Moon Clans. 

I just imagined a swarm of warriors arriving, going crazy and giving aid.

The reality of Moon Clans on Warframe... Don't make them mad...

If it were NeverWinter Nights that would be a whole new ball game, and not 2... 2 was awful, and unwieldy...

Don't have to tell me - I bought it three times! (I only bought 2 once.)

the total vote for them both is around 2000 votes .. so .. 

This is true, but Neverwinter might step up their game when the mighty Tenno are their opponent.

Only around 10% of people actually go to the forums :| that's why when redtext wrote it everyone rushed in here,that's at LEAST 1000 people.

O_o imagine if the forums crashed.

The reality of Moon Clans on Warframe... Don't make them mad...

Our big brothers. Though this may have been their final push. Maybe if the promoting is upheld by red text more and more will take part.

Edited by Naith

However, while Neverwinter has set base content, it comes with an editor so people can create their own custom content which basically means infinite replayability. That and the company even has rewards for people playing the custom content on a daily basis and some of it can be quite good.

Your thinking of Neverwinter Nights... NOT Neverwinter... Neverwinter is like the brain dead child of NeverWinter Nights 2, which was the reject child of 1. Which was the superior game thanks to CEP, and CEP 2.

Edited by Arlayn