The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Ultimate Delay

CyrelV

To be honest I'm glad this got fixed, not because I own a Frost, but because when these enemies get frozen during Defense missions it can extend the time before the wave ends...which can be a little bit of a pain just waiting around. Nothing really affects the enemies, either. It's like Stasis in Mass Effect 1 where nothing can hurt the enemy but hey at least the enemy can't hurt you! :V

To be honest I'm glad this got fixed, not because I own a Frost, but because when these enemies get frozen during Defense missions it can extend the time before the wave ends...which can be a little bit of a pain just waiting around. Nothing really affects the enemies, either. It's like Stasis in Mass Effect 1 where nothing can hurt the enemy but hey at least the enemy can't hurt you! :V

Frost players will intensely disagree that an extra 5 seconds on the end of a defense wave is such a detriment to deny him his current strongest form of crowd control. 

You're talking about a marginal scenario when in every other mission that really isn't a problem. 

You must be new here. 

The ultimate has 15 base range, so it won't affect for enemies too far away. Frozen enemies can get damaged like normally. They are just CC'ed, that's it. You can even kill them with other ultimates first before they take damage from the freeze. 

Wait...

This CC from Avalanche was a bug?

I thought it was an improvement!

Please don't tell me that the definition of fixed is to allow players who want to spam#4 the opportunity to do so.

The changes to Snow Globe actually highlighted the need for some level of skill on ter part of the player to make him viable. Once that skill is applied, he would become a really good frame. Not good at endless defense, but finally good in things other than Endless Defense (still slow as molasses though...).

If this was a bug, then so is Stomp.

Wait...

This CC from Avalanche was a bug?

I thought it was an improvement!

Please don't tell me that the definition of fixed is to allow players who want to spam#4 the opportunity to do so.

The changes to Snow Globe actually highlighted the need for some level of skill on ter part of the player to make him viable. Once that skill is applied, he would become a really good frame. Not good at endless defense, but finally good in things other than Endless Defense (still slow as molasses though...).

If this was a bug, then so is Stomp.

yeah i always thought this was an improvement on avalanche and was working as intended 

by this logic if avalanche gets fixed then its only right that stomp should have the same treatment

I'm glad you are glad...

Add to that the ton of non-Frost players who didn't like the mechanics around Snow Globe and were glad when it got changed. I'm glad they are glad too.

So let me weigh in on some other "Bugs" that need fixing...

Radial Disarm needs a duration timer 8 seconds seems to be the standard for CC so let's put it there.

Pull needs to be reverted to V1 it's the most powerful #1 in the game. It's the most energy efficient #4 in the game.

Stomp needs it range reduced dramatically (to a pbaoe ) and a cone extending out from there based on his foot's direction.

BladeStorm shouldn't provide invincibility during it's duration.

M. Prime shouldn't cause explosions that extend to other enemies, they should each have to be killed individually.

Miasma shouldn't stagger and the DOT not able to be modified.

Blessing should provide no Invincibility at all and the range of the heal shouldn't extend past the room it was cast in.

I can really do this all day...

If we are going to neuter Ultimate Abilities there are much better candidates than Avalanche...

If all parties can assert there is nothing wrong with Nekros and Banshee's #4, then they can be called the baseline to be compared against.

That would assert that every other #4 in the game should be on par with SotD and Soundwave for utility and damage.

Then we can all be glad together! xD

Thanks guys, this has been fixed...it'll be rolled out in a future update.

Wait really? I loved this effect. I thought this was working as intended. I don't spam my powers much so I didn't see the powers in use thing, but the part where everyone gets frozen and stays like that for a couple seconds was amazing. True massive CC for a good duration. Can we please make this the new Avalanche?

The ability to freeze/slow a field of foes and just sort of wade through them before they get crushed is something I feel is missing from Frost. I'm sad to see one of the ways to experience this will be taken from him. 

Visually it'd help if his powers left a snowy/frosty trail/area on the ground at least. 

you've clearly never played or encountered this or you would know that you can kill the frozen enemies. if you're waiting around thats because you lack the processing power needed to shoot them while frozen to see that they can infact be damaged while frozen.

I'm glad you are glad...

Add to that the ton of non-Frost players who didn't like the mechanics around Snow Globe and were glad when it got changed. I'm glad they are glad too.

So let me weigh in on some other "Bugs" that need fixing...

Radial Disarm needs a duration timer 8 seconds seems to be the standard for CC so let's put it there.

Pull needs to be reverted to V1 it's the most powerful #1 in the game. It's the most energy efficient #4 in the game.

Stomp needs it range reduced dramatically (to a pbaoe ) and a cone extending out from there based on his foot's direction.

BladeStorm shouldn't provide invincibility during it's duration.

M. Prime shouldn't cause explosions that extend to other enemies, they should each have to be killed individually.

Miasma shouldn't stagger and the DOT not able to be modified.

Blessing should provide no Invincibility at all and the range of the heal shouldn't extend past the room it was cast in.

I can really do this all day...

If we are going to neuter Ultimate Abilities there are much better candidates than Avalanche...

If all parties can assert there is nothing wrong with Nekros and Banshee's #4, then they can be called the baseline to be compared against.

That would assert that every other #4 in the game should be on par with SotD and Soundwave for utility and damage.

Then we can all be glad together! xD

well said!

they do. or they did rather. the snow chinks will hang around until the damage hits.

They do still I guess, but it's not exactly the frozen wastelandic look I'm hoping for.  

It's More like the aftermaths of an indoor snowball fight. 

Edited by LukeAura

This scares me ... a LOT!

By fix, do you mean

1) The delay will ALWAYS be there, it will ALWAYS have the same durations, although dependant on rank and power duration mods?

or

2) It will now instantly deal its damage with next to no freezing duration anymore?

If 1, then YEY! Sounds good!

If 2, then BOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'd rather it be bugged than fixed! >: (

So.... The Ice frame now has no viable way to freeze anything.

Again.

DE you're pretty backwards on what you deem fair.

Frost can actually freeze things, must be fixed. How dare the frame with the power of ice actually be able to freeze anything! Its not like thats what ice does or anything.

Other frames can stun lock via similar methods and Im sure thats fine.

Edited by Oizen

thanks alot for killing frost, i hope your proud of yourself 

make its intended, they want everyone to drool over farming and/or buy stupid rhino prime so they have to make previously powerful frames look useless to generate hype 

DE, you're $&*&*#(%&.  I'm sorry.  Rather than seeing how the bug actually worked in favour of making Frost a viable frame, you didn't incorporate it and instead chose to nerf it to the ground.  Keep killing every frame so we will end up with everyone playing the same few frames. 

This is sad frost prime  takes faster damage than my ember shield drops to fast and his armor is not  150 it feels 5  he is not a tank    ..runs slower than molasses in February going up hill in a blizzard  ..snow glob i can deal with ..Can i ask what dev at DE hates him so much they feel the need to  Nerf him so bad . i think of the time and money i spent on him is such a waste ..I am glad i have 8 other frame to use at this point i feel i should delete him..Sorry if sounds like crying but just saying how i feel  He feels like glass now I have over 1k hrs in the game and 9 frames its not like i am a newbie I can tell when frame does not seem right .