The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, De: Stop Releasing Updates Near To Midnight

Haiova

You think the people working on these updates want to stay at work til midnight? Nope. But we want to iron out as many bumps as we can before we ship. Sometimes this requires us to put in some extra effort and time.

Seriously...

I've seen the Warframe staff putting out hotfixes at 1:30AM (EST), after patches are released.  I'm pretty sure no other developer does this sort of thing.

Fridays were even worse! :s Warframe build sez: "Oh, something snuck into the build and into the update you released Friday night? Welp, you didn't wanna do anything this weekend anyway right?"

No fridays were awesome.. At least we could abuse all the bugs over the weekend.. ROFL

You think the people working on these updates want to stay at work til midnight? Nope. But we want to iron out as many bumps as we can before we ship. Sometimes this requires us to put in some extra effort and time.

Heed the words of the magic Sea Rhino. It's a bit of a pain to have to wait till Midnight at times, but they have legitimate reasons for doing so. All we can do is be patient young Tenno.

Seriously...

I've seen the Warframe staff putting out hotfixes at 1:30AM (EST), after patches are released.  I'm pretty sure no other developer does this sort of thing.

Mostly because no other developer cares as much about their community.

The update times may be annoying to wait for, but as Commander Karp has said, it is even worse having to work on them before you can head to sleep.

Seriously...

They all do it, DE just doesn't plan it as well. Most other updates hit in the early AM hours, so if there is major work that needs to be done the companies have all day to do it and can go home in the PM.

Just announce the updates and nobody has to wait... don´t make a secret out of everything, just tell IF melee 2.0 or Prime Access or whatever is going live today and things are easy going. The only thing nobody can tell me is that it is actually unknown at this point of time what´s going to be released today.

Just announce the updates and nobody has to wait... don´t make a secret out of everything, just tell IF melee 2.0 or Prime Access or whatever is going live today and things are easy going. The only thing nobody can tell me is that it is actually unknown at this point of time what´s going to be released today.

I agree. Transparency would make the wait a lot more palatable. The sort of coy prodding with which we are treated in the run-up to updates can grow quite irritating. 

As a guy who's workplace puts me in situations exactly like this (working to midnight or later), know that I completely understand and this complaint is quite ridiculous in my honest opinion.

This.

The last time we had an update that ran at 8pm. The game was crash happy and unplayable for nearly 4 hours. DE does not want to repeat that mistake. I much rather wait for a more functional update than update into an unplayable and potentionally game breaking state.

Fridays were even worse! :s Warframe build sez: "Oh, something snuck into the build and into the update you released Friday night? Welp, you didn't wanna do anything this weekend anyway right?"

Probably not the most professional thing, to communicate inter-office politics/procedures to the bouncing retards of the internet forums.

There are more than enough apologists out there to defend DE, without employees having to dignify these threads with their presence.

Just sayin.