The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akbronco Prime Damage Vs Bronco Prime Damage

Cranial_Enigma

Not sure if this is just a UI issue, but the akbronco prime has 104* (105) damage, while the single bronco prime has 139*(140) damage.

H6pMGIq.jpg

uXMVFvF.jpg

Logically this makes no sense on how a dual weapon loses 35 damage since its two of the single weapon. Once I get the akbronco prime and see the damage in my inventory compared to the codex I will update the thread. On the bright side, it is nice to see the damage on the akbronco prime split a bit more instead of being just a impact weapon.

What are other people's thoughts on this?

sounds about right, in that it's totally illogical. I guess thats.....better? than being a straight 2x upgrade with a slower reload?

sigh - there's no good way to make 2 weapons a week on avg and have them balanced. these 'reinforcements' are cannibalizing the game....The only thing being bolstered is plat buys.

EDIT - thinking more on this...it was a good decision. dual weapons should be a choice, not an upgrade. it's a break of precedent, but it's necessary. Hope to see the same for marelok.

Edited by notionphil

They should. Just doesn't make sense for the damage to change. Magazine size should double, firerate should double, possibly an accuracy hit, a reload speed hit. This isn't the first dual weapon to have its stats 'rebalanced' compared to the single version.

And once again they release semi-auto with unachievable fire rate ... do they even playtest and understand their own game?

And considering this, AkBronco Prime is worse than single Bronco P even DPS-wise and significantly worse shingle-shot damage.

I guess that makes happy those people who didn't want dual-versions to be better.

Edited by Monolake

Probably won't get to use this for two months, but to all the people saying it makes sense and it balances it, it doesn't.

The Bronco & Akbronco do the same damage with the dual version having 2 more shots per clip and a longer reload. That being said the dual version of the bronco prime doing LESS damage than it's single counterpart actually makes no sense. All that should've happened really was it was pretty much the same gun but with 6 shots in the clip with a slower reload speed as well, nobody is asking for anything crazy like it doing literally double damage (as much sense as that would make).

This definitely needs to be adjusted.

EDIT - thinking more on this...it was a good decision. dual weapons should be a choice, not an upgrade. it's a break of precedent, but it's necessary. Hope to see the same for marelok.

Choice? There isn't much "choice" to be had between them really when one does more damage and has a faster reload time than the other.

And once again they release semi-auto with unachievable fire rate ... do they even playtest and understand their own game?

And considering this, AkBronco Prime is worse than single Bronco P even DPS-wise and significantly worse shingle-shot damage.

I guess that makes happy those people who didn't want dual-versions to be better.

I hate dual pistols alot I will never want to use one other then for level fawder but even I want them to make sence

its the same gun but with 2 it should have like 2.5x reload speed 1.5x the fire rate  2x the recoil and either the same exact damage with 2x the ammo in clip or double the damage with teh same ammo and a huge accuracy loss of 2.5x -3x I literaly have seen noone actualy like the fact singles and doubles are all completly upgrades or downgrades from eachother :C

Not sure if this is just a UI issue, but the akbronco prime has 104* (105) damage, while the single bronco prime has 139*(140) damage.

H6pMGIq.jpg

uXMVFvF.jpg

Logically this makes no sense on how a dual weapon loses 35 damage since its two of the single weapon. Once I get the akbronco prime and see the damage in my inventory compared to the codex I will update the thread. On the bright side, it is nice to see the damage on the akbronco prime split a bit more instead of being just a impact weapon.

What are other people's thoughts on this?

Welp... i guess im not using Akbroncos....

Ill build em and throw them on the shelf

Just another sad example of how DE completely messes up dualwielded pistols again. I don't even get started on this, others already have, and I just shake my head in frustration and have no further words for this saddening scenario.

its actually rather simple. akbronco prime is an upgrade of akbronco, not bronco prime

Compare Bronco with Akbronco. Both have the same damage. So there goes your argument.

The sad thing actually is, Bronco is better. The Akbronco has a longer reload and less than double RoF.

Usually they do, I don't think there are any other dual weapon besides the akbronco prime that doesn't have double the ammo capacity of the single counterpart, good catch I didn't even notice that.

Dual Cestras say hello.

its actually rather simple. akbronco prime is an upgrade of akbronco, not bronco prime

thank you. this is why there are only 6 shots in the clip

So what's the upgrade of bronco prime? Bronco akprime?

brakk. duh

I think it's interesting that bronco prime and akbronco prime aren't the same weapon, so it's unlike most dual weapons, where the dual version is simply a direct upgrade of the original. however, lower total damage per shot is pretty disappointing. not sure if I want to burn my bronco prime (potatoed, but only 2 formas, not maxed. again, see bronco prime prime, aka brakk) or hold onto it because it has a different niche than the akbronco prime

They clearly do not understand how slow most people click or that is annoying to have to be a drummer on the mouse. They shouldn't balance any semi with fire rates higher than 7.

They clearly do not understand how slow most people click or that is annoying to have to be a drummer on the mouse. They shouldn't balance any semi with fire rates higher than 7.

Even more, it was brought to attention several times, with good suggestions, like firing from both mouse buttons(makes sence for akimbo) but to no effect.