Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon Wraith... Thoughts?

KittyDarkling

Reduced reload by 1.2 seconds.

10% more status. 

15.5% more dps.  

Increased accuracy.

Coupled with the fact we're getting another large procc boosting mod, I think the buffs given to it are well worth it. 

I jump LukeAura's bandwagon here. This looks like a very worthy upgrade.

Though I would carefully suggest that the DPS math is wrong. 15,5% increased DPS is simply damage + fire rate. If I mathed correctly, factoring in reload, the Gorgon Wraith's dps is something like 38% better than the regular Gorgon.

And then status chance isn't simply 10% more. This sounds so underwhelming :D In comparison the original status chance, it is TRIPLED my friends. TRIPLED!

What I am ESPECIALLY curious about is, if the wind-up time is also faster. Or rather, if it will just be 6,5% faster or if they decreased the wind-up time even further.

Also, we don't know yet about any Polarities, right? Or was a dataminer already more successfully breaking that seal?

I jump LukeAura's bandwagon here. This looks like a very worthy upgrade.

Though I would carefully suggest that the DPS math is wrong. 15,5% increased DPS is simply damage + fire rate. If I mathed correctly, factoring in reload, the Gorgon Wraith's dps is something like 38% better than the regular Gorgon.

And then status chance isn't simply 10% more. This sounds so underwhelming :D In comparison the original status chance, it is TRIPLED my friends. TRIPLED!

What I am ESPECIALLY curious about is, if the wind-up time is also faster. Or rather, if it will just be 6,5% faster or if they decreased the wind-up time even further.

Also, we don't know yet about any Polarities, right? Or was a dataminer already more successfully breaking that seal?

I was just basing it off of damage and fire rate.

Cause you're probably killing the whole room with that brute before you reload, that sustained dps change is probably irrelevant except for in defense missions. Good catch, thank you.

Wish I could calculate for accuracy though, lol.

I don't even think people would care if dps didn't change. Scraping off 1.2 seconds in reload and making it more accurate is pretty much instant reason to get a gorgon wraith.

Edited by LukeAura

I can calculate accuracy for you! Whatever your straight miss ratio with the Gorgon was before, it is now going to be ~25% more accurate plusminus luck :D

I just try to view a weapon with different sets of eyes each. The Veterans are likely not going to give it that much looks. But everyone who can access earth nowadays, and thus having a realistic chance for this, is going to love that thing a lot... and will probably reload more than once still when fighting a boss.

Though what I can't get out of my head now is Blast damage procs. Yes, there are other high-fire-rate weapons doing a better job than that. Still. Now it became a distinct possibility, compared to the regular version.

I can calculate accuracy for you! Whatever your straight miss ratio with the Gorgon was before, it is now going to be ~25% more accurate plusminus luck :D

I'd hope so, but you never really know with luck and the variability of what actually causes the increased accuracy. Is it less spread, less recoil? 

Although using that as rough guideline I'd probably put it at a 3/4 of that and say about an 18.75% boost. 

I'd hope so, but you never really know with luck and the variability of what actually causes the increased accuracy. Is it less spread, less recoil? 

Although using that as rough guideline I'd probably put it at a 3/4 of that and say about an 18.75% boost. 

Normal Gorgon has 8.3 accuracy and Wraith has 10.5, that is out of shotgun territory and close to AkVasto. It could be a dramatic difference, and aging we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by LazyKnight

I really do love how people just assume a weapons bad without actually playing around with it. Here's my current in game Gorgon build for Corpus 

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Gorgon/t_30_22300000_131-5-5-132-1-5-137-0-10-141-4-5-150-6-3-154-3-3-162-7-2-192-2-5_137-7-132-8-192-5-154-7-141-11-131-9-150-9-162-4/en/2-0-9

It holds up pretty well even on level 50 it still tears through Corpus like butter.

Get on my level Tenno

Edited by RustyNaps

I really do love how you shout fancy propaganda in several topics without reading further down the posts, where people are debating and redirecting arguments if a buff is justified or not, providing reasonable food for thought.

This is not a Gorgon thread. This is a Gorgon Wraith thread.

I really do love how you shout fancy propaganda in several topics without reading further down the posts, where people are debating and redirecting arguments if a buff is justified or not, providing reasonable food for thought.

This is not a Gorgon thread. This is a Gorgon Wraith thread.

What I am saying is if you'd people would stop comparing every weapon to another weapon you'd see that each gun has it's usefulness.

The only thing Gorgon Wraith needs a buff in is a polarity slot and maybe more crit chance.

Well here's a anti corpus test build (well what I'm gonna do when I get it) for Gorgon Wraith. 

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Gorgon_wraith/t_30_22230000_131-5-5-132-1-5-137-0-10-141-4-5-147-2-5-154-7-4-162-6-5-192-3-5_137-7-132-8-147-5-192-5-141-11-131-9-162-7-154-8/en/2-0-45

It's actually doing 20 more damage than the regular, which isn't much but the accuracy, reload speed, and fire rate buffs make make it a well worth while upgrade to the standard version. 

If this rifle had better crit chance then this would be even more viable.

I don't care if Gorgath(Gorgon+Wraith, see?) will be noticeably better than standard Gorgon. If it will use the good old sound before the gunshots overhaul, the "DUR DURR DURDURDRDRRRRRDR" instead of "pop pop pop pop", then I shall die in peace. Hell, it can even be actually weaker. I just want the old sound ;_;

You know a lot of people seam excited for a reduction in wind up time, but I feel like that is part of the "character" of the Gorgon. I kinda hope it remains the same. Honestly I think a buff of adding 6 damage and increasing the crit damage to 2.0 would be enough to bring it in line with other weapons. You know, considering it's a wraith?

Also why do so many people hate the new sound? it's awesome! The gorgon isn't suppose to be a "smooth" weapon, it's suppose to sound like it's rattling parts around in there. It's suppose to be clunky xD

The old sound wasn't smooth in any way, it's comparable to sound of a brick thrown inside of a working wash machine. It was really intensive and gave you the feel it is actually a heavy machine gun. It was loud too, and that's why I LOVED that gun... :P

Also - to these who play this game for long time, and remember the old sound - the sound of Gorgon on full spool, with fully upgraded rate of fire was just... orgasmic... I miss these times.

Now it sounds like a generic assault rifle with clip of 90 bullets. Meh...

Edited by Roxorium

I don't care if Gorgath(Gorgon+Wraith, see?) will be noticeably better than standard Gorgon. If it will use the good old sound before the gunshots overhaul, the "DUR DURR DURDURDRDRRRRRDR" instead of "pop pop pop pop", then I shall die in peace. Hell, it can even be actually weaker. I just want the old sound ;_;

Lucky for you the old sound is back!

Why are people getting all excited over Stats that don't even exist yet?

The Stats on the Wiki aren't Accurate, Wait until it releases before you make any form of Judgement.

They're straight from the codex. So they're pretty accurate unless it gets a small buff down the line.