The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Survey For Frost

Fo0otsteps

TL;DR : survey for frost's powers and role to help devs "fix" frost.

AGqW2zJ.png

Banner courtesy of the new mod tutorial

The recent mission survey led me to believe that DE is willing to read surveys to get feedback. So why not make one for the arguably most discussed frame in the last month?

The Avalanche of topics and suggestions to fix his skill set aren't capable of providing definitive feedback in what players want, and devs have begun to wonder if frost should remain a defensive tank. I doubt the duration removal and addition of armor will be the last change frost sees, so lets make sure the next ones are in the right direction.

I have made a survey regarding frost where you can vote in what you want him to be and give clear waypoints for DE to restore frost to former glory.

Survey can be found here

if you support the idea of this survey please bump the thread so we can get as much feedback as possible.

Update 1: 40 replies! some questions have preferable answers but not all. As much as i appreciate the attention, 40 is a very small percentage of Warframe's player base. I will continue to bump this thread to avoid going to page 2, and if it gets enough replies i will send it to devs to review.

Update 2: 75 replies! Even with small number of votes compared to the whole player base, it is noticeable that players want frost to be a utility and defense frame, and the recent buffs to damage and changes have pushed him further from this role. this thread may have more success than my other ones! If we keep up the pace soon DE might notice this thread. Will continue to bump.

Hotfix 1:

-added max hits option to globe section.(credit goes to sonicsonedit)

-fixed spelling errors

-fixed stat question being a number question instead of text

Hotfix 2:

Adjusted formatting for easier reading

Hotfix 3:

-Added "other" option to frost's role question(credit to Volt_Cruelerz for the suggestion). This may be late into to survey but i will note this to devs if it gets a noticable number of replies.

-Added TL;DR

Hotfix 4:

-Added rate question for 12.4.5. changes

-Added current state of SG to mechanics question

Edited by Fo0otsteps

theres a difference between a defensive tank and a baby sitter. i want the defensive tank with the 6 second CC of avalanche.

The saddest thing is i asked DEScott about this a month ago. He couldnt even give a 1 yr grandmaster a yes or no answer.

edit i took your survey. lets hope something comes of it!

edit2 : in your survey you say change his stats. The only stat that could or should be changed would be his armor value at base. say what 300? old valkyr armor rating? right now frost is 190 base armor.

Edited by Zhoyzu

I hope this gets many responses, but I think the situation is obvious - Frost has become really meh and nerfs were uncalled for. Needs to be buffed for his role - protector (I dont like 'tank' cause in mmo tanks are for drawing aggro).

But will DE listen?

Don't put stipulations on things like "3.Rarely  - Only in defense missions".  I don't use him that often.  But I don't bust him out just for defense missions either.

You also need options like other or "none of the above".  Take Freeze for example.  The main change I'd like to see is the "breaks on damage" aspect changed/removed.  Required question.  So I guess I go with "fine as it is", even though I never use the thing.

Don't put stipulations on things like "3.Rarely  - Only in defense missions".  I don't use him that often.  But I don't bust him out just for defense missions either.

You also need options like other or "none of the above".  Take Freeze for example.  The main change I'd like to see is the "breaks on damage" aspect changed/removed.  Required question.  So I guess I go with "fine as it is", even though I never use the thing.

noted

Good thread. You have my rep_up.png!

But can you please change "How often do you use Frost" to:

"How often do you use Frost compared to other frames you have:"

-I don't have it/Don't use it

-very rarely

-rarely

-sometimes

-often

-very often

Also add options for snowglobe:

"change it from health to hits - instead of having 3500 health snowglobe will block 350 bullet hits"

and obvious

"remove health from snow globe"

Please.

Edited by SonicSonedit

Good thread. You have my rep_up.png!

But can you please change "How often do you use Frost" to:

"How often do you use Frost compared to other frames you have:"

-I don't have it/Don't use it

-very rarely

-rarely

-sometimes

-often

-very often

Also add options for snowglobe:

"change it from health to hits - instead of having 3500 health snowglobe will block 350 bullet hits"

and obvious

"remove health from snow globe"

Please.

I added the max bullet suggestion but i can't change the answers to a question already answered 50 times

I say allow snow globe to follow frost, at the same time allow it to drain 100% of his shields to get x times that amount as hp to prevent spamming and allow armor to affect it. As x i would propose 2/3/4/5 affected by strength. 

Ice wave is fine as dmg ability

Got no idea for freeze rework atm

Avalanche as cc is good idea.

Frost due to proposed changes to snow globe should have higher energy, higher shields, but lower hp than rhino.

Edited by Davoodoo

Opinion added, for what little its worth. It feels like DE is trying to make Frost a ice based Ember (and I'm of the opinion Ember needs to lose either her 3 or 4 for a new ability), so his current state doesn't appeal too much. I'd like to see him change a little, it might cause me to actually use him more. I didn't mind him too much (though my clan members hate me using snow globe).

I hope this gets many responses, but I think the situation is obvious - Frost has become really meh and nerfs were uncalled for. Needs to be buffed for his role - protector (I dont like 'tank' cause in mmo tanks are for drawing aggro).

But will DE listen?

Frost is anything but a tank. Like you said, his abilities qualifies him for the "paladin", defensive support role.