Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replacing Void Mission Rewards With Exploration?

Lorane_Airwing

RNG RNG RNG, That certainly seems to be a buzz word around here eh?

The new idea? Move prime parts to the obstacle course rooms, reward player skills for being able to clear the trial and reach the reward room. This is where things would change slightly, inside the reward room would be two Excalibur statues each holding a prime part ( think derelict vaults, but showing the item you will pick up ), picking a part would cause the other items to vanish (ONLY ON THE CLIENT SIDE) The parts that the reward rooms hold would be generated on mission start, per player, each player getting a random set of 2 items per reward room, meaning that groups could trade for the parts they want after missions! 

Defenses and survivals would probably not fall well into this idea.... so they would probably remain unchanged.

any thoughts? Sure it's still got some rng, but at least it is skill based and you can see the part you are taking.

the parkour system used in warframe is to buggy to be able run obstacle courses efficiently

Most people would definitely not be able to complete the courses within the time. Warframes with extreme movement abilities however... :3

the parkour system used in warframe is to buggy to be able run obstacle courses efficiently

This is very true.... but maybe having parkour actually matter in missions would push to make it better?

As for slower frames.... Possibly raising the minimum time requirement? I know i was damn proud of myself when i finally did the derelict parkour room as trinity.... even if the reward was horrible.

this sounds intriguing. i dunno about forcing players for it however. perhaps this is room to further utlilize Time Trials and Loot Rooms(and new ones ofc!) to further reward skillful players. get your one reward at the end of the Mission, or try your hand at the side rooms and see if you get something else good there. definitely not a 100% chance for an item there, 'cause that would just sort've saturate players with them. but having a decent chance for... more Prime parts/BP's? i guess that's what we'd be getting, right? *shrugs*

and yeah, obviously such chances would effectively make getting a good item from there like getting a good item from Stalker or getting the part of the frame you need when they still dropped the BluePrint orbs - but they'd be a side bonus, similar to Stalker, Harvey Dent, and the Krusty Krew. not intended as a 'do this get shiny', but more of a 'oh cool i got a thing' once in a while.

i don't really agree. there's certainly some disparity on character control, but despite that i still find myself able to move around quite smoothly and efficiently. 

my biggest issue would be some small issue of sometimes i'll try to do a SpinDash to follow up a Wallrun, and for some reason i'll do a Ground Smash instead. *shrugs*

It's been my opinion that weapon/warframe blueprints should remain end of mission rewards, and the parts for them should drop from enemies, lockers, and containers. This would effectively remove a ton of the dilution from the drop tables, as well as give players incentive to actually fight enemies and explore the various hidden rooms. You can also get more than one part per mission this way as an added bonus.

I wouldn't say the Parkour rooms should be mandatory, but if you do complete one you should have like a 100% chance of at least getting one prime component.

Edited by Paradoxbomb