Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has Anyone Else Noticed The Out Of Control Spawn Rate In Interception?

Ourobor

I just played 6 or 7 interception missions and the spawn rate is waaayy out of control. I don't think enemies even spawn in groups so much as all the time. It is by far the most fun I've had in warframe because even though the actual individual enemies are still low level, there are so many of them it's actually challenging and a ton of fun :D

Only problem is that it's probably preventing newbies from progressing through the star chart :/

Yeah, I was in a game today farming for the rebalanced Natural Talent mod (PS4) and had a team of newbies.  Whenever I would leave the point to secure another they would continually get overrun and wiped.  This was on the first few waves, so it certainly is out of balance for new players trying to work through the star chart.  Fun game mode but definitely not balanced currently. 

I just noticed the spawn rates too.

I wanted to do interception to farm for natural talent, and then I am sent to a team of new players that repeatedly fell before the faucet of Grineer that splurged of of the spawn points. Since they couldn't hold their own against the onslaught, they ran out of revives and I alone had to try to counteract the constant point-claiming Grineer.

It was not encouraging for the new players, to say the least.

Not only was there a insane flow, but there were more Leaders at a higher pace then normal as well.

ninja'd by heiro_glyph

Edited by ChronicTonic

It's cool that unlike most other gamemodes, the challenge of that one is in just the sheer volume of enemies and not their level. The fact that you can just mow them down makes it much more satisfying than fighting a few bullet sponges. I feel like it should be moved somewhere else, but kept in that state because of how uniquely challenging it is. Void Interception anyone :D

What we did was use a well organized group of a Rhino, vauban, trinity and picking up a random newbie.

We each guard a post. Rhino will... Well rhino stomp... Vauban will put up Bastille and use grineers for target practice,

And trinity spams blessings, keeping the newbie alive while nuking grineers with an Ogris.

Usually the newbie post will get overrun but if we keep control of 3 post, we will sail through to wave 25

Wait... That's not what it's normally like? D:

I did my first Interception missions for the "Event" (if one can call it that)... Never touched it until now ever since it got introduced with the Forest Tileset. Did not feel like it after grinding the tile-set to death for Cicero Crisis.

I think it should stay like that... It really reminds me of oldschool Domination days in Unreal Tournament. With the right enemy count and difficulty they were pretty challenging too.

But for new players it may be frustrating though so it will be toned down eventually... :/

Edited by MeduSalem

The problem is that the only interception missions are on the levels that new player MUST beat to access the rest of the entire starchart, which means that either veteran players are going to think the gamemode boring and dull, or new players will find a slap to the face and a near insurmountable wall unless they get lucky enough to match with a veteran.

As more interception missions are introduced in higher level locations, I think the wonkiness of Interception difficulty will decrease.

or new players will find a slap to the face and a near insurmountable wall unless they get lucky enough to match with a veteran.

As more interception missions are introduced in higher level locations, I think the wonkiness of Interception difficulty will decrease.

Don't worry, I got this

The problem is that the only interception missions are on the levels that new player MUST beat to access the rest of the entire starchart, which means that either veteran players are going to think the gamemode boring and dull, or new players will find a slap to the face and a near insurmountable wall unless they get lucky enough to match with a veteran.

I guess that problem should be changed somehow. There are many tilesets on lower planets which have no replay value for veterans so they usually tend to stay away from them and do something more challenging (whatever that is). Probably it's time for DE to consider difficulty settings so veteran players may adapt the gameplay to their likings and find a reasonable challenge even in lower ranked planets while Newbies don't have to fear a wall they can't overcome.

Doing it with high-level Grineer wouldn't feel the same as the hordes of low level Grineer though.

Edited by MeduSalem

Yeah, I was in a game today farming for the rebalanced Natural Talent mod (PS4) and had a team of newbies.  Whenever I would leave the point to secure another they would continually get overrun and wiped.  This was on the first few waves, so it certainly is out of balance for new players trying to work through the star chart.  Fun game mode but definitely not balanced currently. 

Yea, it should probaly be easyer on the low-mid  level planets, but keep the spawn rates on the high lvl planets..

As soon as I get home, I'm going to play it because it's the first thing I have to do in Warframe that's fun and isn't grinding for something. If I pick up a group of newbies, I'm going to offer to taxi them (if we lose) to the next mission so they don't have to get stuck there.

@D3ST

Yeah, I actually enjoy the challenge but it should either be non-essential for advancing the star chart or rebalanced for lower level players.  Hopefully DE addresses this issue but as of now, Earth is impossible to advance unless you manage to drop into a game with veteran players.  Could you imagine a team of starter frames using weapons like Braton with minimal mods trying to complete this?  I can't.