Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Void Drop Tables Are In A Pretty Bad State Right Now. They're Oversaturated.

Protomorph

Yeah, trying to farm Rhino Prime for days now. Got 1 piece. Everyone else having similar experiences. Just ran my 5th or 6th 40+ minute T3 survival without getting any part for Rhino Prime. I did get a pair of Frost Prime helmets and a pair of Latron Prime Receivers in the same mission though, so I got that goin' for me.

There's several solutions to this.

Move drops/add mission types to void (again).

Remove credits (and please resources too thx, those already drop from enemies).

Add an auction house to the game instead of the terrible, terrible travesty that is trading via chat.

Allow players to trade in multiple bps for the one of their choice.

DE plz.

Edit: decided system like Path of Exile isn't best option after all, removed comment.

Edit 2: was just reading in this thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/191815-rng-is-a-myth-screen-shots-for-ppl-that-dont-like-reading/ about some other issues with RNG right now.

Edited by Protomorph

The point system would be nice as long as its made correctly I will say that much.
By that I'm meaning every void mission has a different type of point so you dont just farm capture missions with loki and get all the primes in less then a day.

The problem isn't saturation. It's the weighting. If previous editions of the drop tables are to go by, the chance of getting certain parts from certain missions is likely less than 3%, whereas the common junk that seems to constantly spring up has much higher probability.

Edited by Kietsu

OR go to a system DE has talked about previously and have a point system for Void missions and buy the prime parts with said points?

That would be nice...

Even if it was 100 missions to farm, Id like to be able to choose my reward, You know.. something useful :S

Removing mods/resources and credits would be such a huge improvement atleast when it came to survival and defense. but maybe add more gametypes. assassination (orokin boss would be awesome, even if its just a proxy of somekinda, maybe a giant golden golem (like stone golem not old infested boss), interception, raid maybe as well. maybe making tables more even so if a mission has 4 drops make each one 25% instead of me having run like 8 t1 exterminate keys and get 6 t1 MD keys. 

They could still spread out more stuff to derelicts, capture and exterminate still don't have anything.  Making Tower I,II, and III derelict keys could add some more space to spread stuff out in too.

Edited by Aggh

All the current (+ future) drops are surely going to be scattered all over the new incoming game modes, cause I'm pretty confident that we're at least getting "soon" a Void Assassination mission. And what about Interception or even an Hijack? I believe it's just a matter of time for them to be added as Void missions. When it happens, drop tables will be diluted.

I think what we need is a "smart" RNG that simply removes drops already obtained in that mission. For example, if you get a mag prime part in a survival, that same part can not drop again, having the credit bundles and rare mats as a possible reward at all needs to be axed, badly. This would promote the feeling that by lasting longer you're actually narrowing down the probability that the part you're after is going to drop. I don't mind more keys dropping on defense and survival missions, they're endless, so you can just keep surviving. What I do mind is getting to the end of say, an exterminate, and finding a mobile defense key, it's like a slap in the face if you, like me, have already farmed everything you could possibly want from that mission type. At the very least for single-reward-type missions the keys need to be the same as the kind of mission you're running, or be removed entirely. It's as simple as that. Doing anything else is just going to dump more useless mats, credits, and blueprints into my inventory. If I needed materials I'd be farming them from enemies, not playing an orokin void mission. Like I said, a "Smart" RNG is the way to go, remove things from drop tables that already came up. No more "Mag Prime Blueprints" dropping four of the five or six rewards for a survival, that's just insulting.

I think what we need is a "smart" RNG that simply removes drops already obtained in that mission. For example, if you get a mag prime part in a survival, that same part can not drop again, having the credit bundles and rare mats as a possible reward at all needs to be axed, badly. This would promote the feeling that by lasting longer you're actually narrowing down the probability that the part you're after is going to drop. I don't mind more keys dropping on defense and survival missions, they're endless, so you can just keep surviving. What I do mind is getting to the end of say, an exterminate, and finding a mobile defense key, it's like a slap in the face if you, like me, have already farmed everything you could possibly want from that mission type. At the very least for single-reward-type missions the keys need to be the same as the kind of mission you're running, or be removed entirely. It's as simple as that. Doing anything else is just going to dump more useless mats, credits, and blueprints into my inventory. If I needed materials I'd be farming them from enemies, not playing an orokin void mission. Like I said, a "Smart" RNG is the way to go, remove things from drop tables that already came up. No more "Mag Prime Blueprints" dropping four of the five or six rewards for a survival, that's just insulting.

DE needs to earn money lol

This would seem like about the best compromise between what we mostly want and what DE apparently wants or needs. It's only alerts 2.0 applied to void loot, after all. Nothing too heretical.

I dont find them oversaturated, because i farmed Ember Prime and i can say that are pretty much better now.

Might be me, but i got Rhino in less then 15 runs. Need one more Ankyros Gauntlet ( 4 t3 def and 3 t2 survivals ), missing 2 parts of Boltor ( overall 7 or 8 runs for first 2 ) and i did one t3 capture for Akbronco ( didnt get part and i dont have anymore t3 capts ).

So, by my judgement that isnt much grinding.

Edited by RoboDoge

Rhino prime isn't going to be an easy snag simply because prime access needs to look appealing. Unless your lucky, I expect rhino prime might take a week. You wouldn't get the satisfaction of having RP if it was only reasonably difficult to get. Its gamer rage inducing qualities make it more desirable.

(Prime Access: Because Your Hands Cramped) 

They could still spread out more stuff to derelicts, capture and exterminate still don't have anything.  Making Tower I,II, and III derelict keys could add some more space to spread stuff out in too.

TIII assasination, with prime drops?  That sounds really, really good, and challenging. One can only hope.